Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho_X

Legend
So, just pure conspiracy theory and maybe this has been touched on here already but I'll be damned if I'm going through all 80 pages, maybe the Rams are playing the week 1 angle as best they can. Supposedly the Raiders and Mack aren't waiting for Donald to sign... that's what they want us to believe. But maybe the Rams are taking their time to dot the I's and cross the T's with the belief that that is exactly what the Raiders and Mack are waiting on. Drag the AD negotiations out till just the end of preseason and then sign him and release details with less than a week to go? They know AD doesn't need the practice and is a condition freak on his own anyway.

I doubt it, but would be funny.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If Jake scooped this and its legit, then he has come a loooong way.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Inappropriates? Are you frigging kidding me?
News Flash, the Rams have never said they regarding contract for Donald as highest paid DT, in fact they refer to him as the best defensive player in football.
I guess I'll just start clicking inappropriate too when I disagree
The quote, "you don't know football" is generally considered inappropriate on a board where everyone is just giving their opinion.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
So, just pure conspiracy theory and maybe this has been touched on here already but I'll be damned if I'm going through all 80 pages, maybe the Rams are playing the week 1 angle as best they can. Supposedly the Raiders and Mack aren't waiting for Donald to sign... that's what they want us to believe. But maybe the Rams are taking their time to dot the I's and cross the T's with the belief that that is exactly what the Raiders and Mack are waiting on. Drag the AD negotiations out till just the end of preseason and then sign him and release details with less than a week to go? They know AD doesn't need the practice and is a condition freak on his own anyway.

I doubt it, but would be funny.
:palm:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still think it’ll be a little less than that 24 avg and more guaranteed. Taking the same or less guaranteed than Von Miller doesn’t make any sense.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Feels like the guaranteed number went down a little in exchange for the total number going up.

Interesting, but then again once you're at that level, another $10M guaranteed has no bearing on your ability to put food on the table.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Inappropriates? Are you frigging kidding me?
News Flash, the Rams have never said they regarding contract for Donald as highest paid DT, in fact they refer to him as the best defensive player in football.
I guess I'll just start clicking inappropriate too when I disagree

Maybe don't insult the person you're replying to by saying "sorry you don't understand football"

Don't insult other posters, and maybe you won't get inappropriates. There's been more and more of that going on here lately, and many of us joined here after leaving RamsTalk because that behavior is not supposed to be allowed here.

Ram65

Legend

My head is spinning catching up on the last seven pages.

$24 Million a year! Ouch!!

I did think $22 Million was good if a little high. Figured that Demoff could go another Million to $23 Million.

@ $24 Million and Goff's new contract coming up soon Demoff will have to be very creative in keeping things together as far as resigning Peters and others. This draft class has to be a big hit replacing offensive lineman and defensive players all around. If true at least the next couple years the Rams should be contenders and Donald better stay healthy.

23 and change .Mark me down

I'll take it. Demoff has at least a shown a good way to balance yearly cap hits. This will be a high wire balancing act.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feels like the guaranteed number went down a little in exchange for the total number going up.

Interesting, but then again once you're at that level, another $10M guaranteed has no bearing on your ability to put food on the table.
Yeah it’s strange because if anything the opposite has been happening lately.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
I was hoping we didn't pay him that much money. But it is what it is at this point. It's a true bitter sweet.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Jake is a great guy and all but I wouldn’t take his source as fact. He was wrong about the OBJ trade so I’m still skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.