Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Jake is a great guy and all but I wouldn’t take his source as fact. He was wrong about the OBJ trade so I’m still skeptical.
In all honesty, just about everyone, including many other reputable sports reporters was wrong about the whole OBJ coming to the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind that what's leaked to the media is usually the max value of the contract (which includes all of the incentives).

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind that what's leaked to the media is usually the max value of the contract (which includes all of the incentives).

Plus sometimes the last (unguaranteed) year is basically a balloon payment that the team does not expect to pay. So a 5 year $120 million contract becomes in reality a 4 year $90 million contract with a $30 million salary that will never be paid.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Jake is a great guy and all but I wouldn’t take his source as fact. He was wrong about the OBJ trade so I’m still skeptical.

I would agree with this as well. I asked Vinny on Twitter and he replied all quiet on this front, and that we will find out today the status of our starters for Saturday’s game too.

One other interesting bit on Twitter is that the same gentleman, Chad Forbes, who Jake indirectly sited as his source back on OBJ fake news, also just tweeted the same AD contract numbers as Jake, and he n Jake were wrong together in same OBJ “news break.” So take it with a grain of salt.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Plus sometimes the last (unguaranteed) year is basically a balloon payment that the team does not expect to pay. So a 5 year $120 million contract becomes in reality a 4 year $90 million contract with a $30 million salary that will never be paid.
The team loves those because they know they won't ever pay it. The player and agent love them because they get to announce "biggest contract ever!" and the agent can tout it to future clients.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I pretty much can make that prediction on him being signed later this week and be within a mill or two of his annually guaranteed money....and have a better than 50% chance of being right based on the other rumors that are now out there.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Either way it’s nice to see some traction and increased activity. I feel like we know what the ceiling of a deal would look like with those figures.

Just glad our talks are moving, not envious of the Raiders.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That’s not what i said but I guess that doesn’t matter.
Who are they anyway?
This the hall of fame introduction? Yeah I’m sure whoever introduces him will talk about how special he is.
Sorry you don’t understand football and that you don’t know what makes Donald so special.
Hmmmm… I guess not verbatim but....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
keep-calm-i-m-jake-from-state-farm.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would agree with this as well. I asked Vinny on Twitter and he replied all quiet on this front, and that we will find out today the status of our starters for Saturday’s game too.

One other interesting bit on Twitter is that the same gentleman, Chad Forbes, who Jake indirectly sited as his source back on OBJ fake news, also just tweeted the same AD contract numbers as Jake, and he n Jake were wrong together in same OBJ “news break.” So take it with a grain of salt.

Per Jake Ellenbogan minutes ago :
"I do want to put something out there

The OBJ thing was not me making up a story I had a legitimate source I trusted from the Senior Bowl. He was right. However, the Rams decided to pass on OBJ after vetting him."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well now this is funny. I was blindly all on your side about the innapropriates. So I go back a few pages searching just what the heck you might be talking bout...and I'll be darned if your comment wasnt talking about....... ME

(n)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

shame shame @dieterbrock lol
I'm taking the walk of shame as we speak
giphy.gif

My bad, my apologies

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Coming very soon Brockers, Donald and Suh
And when their mighty reign is through
History will write of the offenses they slew
Leaving a piled field of black and blue

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
We're at Torry Holt levels now.

At this pace we'll get this thing by tomorrow!!

#questfor100

Status
Not open for further replies.