Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
He gets the kind of pressure qbs hate the most, straight up the middle.

I assumed they would have getting clobbered from behind by someone they can't see whilst totally unprepared for it the most, but I'll trust your assessment.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's getting less sacks than premier edge rushers though. I haven't looked at the numbers, but it would have to be a lot more pressures to make up for the extra 6 or more sacks that premier edge rushers are getting.
Perhaps, but if his increased pressures flush the QB to a team mate for them to get the sack the net result is the same. And the sack while credited to say Ebukam was a result of AD's ability and that's all that matters in the end. Besides the Rams have had more sacks than the Raiders as a team for Mack and AD's 4 year career. And some years our defense wasn't very good.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I assumed they would have getting clobbered from behind by someone they can't see whilst totally unprepared for it the most, but I'll trust your assessment.

We're talking about pressure, not sacks.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Someone coming up the middle takes the pocket awayaway, so the QB can't step up into as the edge rushers swing around.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please dont claim that he is a defensive end.

Aaron Donald is a DT...plays out of position at times, but he is still a defensive tackle.
You are right, Dog....Donald is a DT G_D!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please dont claim that he is a defensive end.

Aaron Donald is a DT...plays out of position at times, but he is still a defensive tackle.
He is not a traditional dt, he’s shooting gaps and playing de in certain formation. It’s just not accurate to pigeon hole him as a dt

…..

Legend
He is not a traditional dt, he’s shooting gaps and playing de in certain formation. It’s just not accurate to pigeon hole him as a dt

Just like its wasnt fair to claim Jimmy Graham was a TE, is that right?

At the introductions they dont say "Ladies and Gentleman, #99 Arron Donald, Defensive Tackle. Only he's not a traditional defensive tackle because he shoots gaps and sometimes does other stuff too so we wouldn't unjustly characterize him"

I'm pretty sure they're just going to say "#99, Aaron Donald, Defensive Tackle"

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
He's getting less sacks than premier edge rushers though. I haven't looked at the numbers, but it would have to be a lot more pressures to make up for the extra 6 or more sacks that premier edge rushers are getting.

Donald had 11 sacks last year. Only 3 players total have had more than 15 sacks the last 3 seasons. One had 15.5. Donald only played 14 games. He had more pressures than any player in the NFL last year and I’m sure he’s up there for most pressures total since he entered the league.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Just like its wasnt fair to claim Jimmy Graham was a TE, is that right?

At the introductions they dont say "Ladies and Gentleman, #99 Arron Donald, Defensive Tackle. Only he's not a traditional defensive tackle because he shoots gaps and sometimes does other stuff too so we wouldn't unjustly characterize him"

I'm pretty sure they're just going to say "#99, Aaron Donald, Defensive Tackle"
No, they'll say, "#99, Defensive Player of the year, Aaron Donald, Defensive Lineman.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
We're more than 75% there!!!!

We can do it!!!!!!!

#questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Just two or three more pages of thoughtful, intelligent conversation using our infinite knowledge as fans should be enough to resolve this situation to everyone’s mutual satisfaction.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're more than 75% there!!!!

We can do it!!!!!!!

#questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100 #questfor100
I imagine we will make it to 99 pages and that's it...
~#99 Aaron freakin' Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.