Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agent or no, this fiasco is up to A. Donald to fix. His reputation is going to be that he’s a greedy SOB. Come on Aaron, I expected better from you. I am getting tired of this BS. At least we have Brockers and Suh ready to go.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Agent or no, this fiasco is up to A. Donald to fix. His reputation is going to be that he’s a greedy SOB. Come on Aaron, I expected better from you. I am getting tired of this BS. At least we have Brockers and Suh ready to go.

Ya how dare Donald negotiate to be paid like he should be. What a greedy SOB. We all know nfl teams never cut a players contract short or discard players after injuries. God forbid he tries to maximize his value before putting his body on the line.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Ya how dare Donald negotiate to be paid like he should be. What a greedy SOB. We all know nfl teams never cut a players contract short or discard players after injuries. God forbid he tries to maximize his value before putting his body on the line.
Do any of us know who the bad guys are in this negotiation? Do any of us know who the good guys are in this negotiation? Do any of us know if Donald and his agent are asking too much? Do any of us know if the Rams are offering to little? Do any of us know if in this negotiation one side or the other is being unfair? Do any of us truly have inside sources in this negotiation?
The answer to all of the above questions is NO! We may have our opinions, and we may feel this way or that way, but none of us know anything concrete about this negotiation. So to imply that Donald is only asking for what he deserves, or that the Rams front office has been more than fair as to what they are offering is purely a guess, a speculation, a fabrication, and a conjecture. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

…..

Legend
So you go the exact opposite way but with extra nonsense on it. Nice ...well played.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
$15 - 18 doesn’t fit with what they are saying. Snead has been quoted and I believe KD has as well that the Rams are offering to make him the highest paid defender in history. You’d have to think that means $20+. I’m guessing GUESSING that it means AD’s agents are seeking far more than that.

They are indeed, Guess I was trying to keep things (ahem) more reasonable. "Value" is a relative term, in this case it's a matter of opinion and depending upon ones perspective, a difficult bridge to cross....for either side.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

There is certainly a clear distinction between fair compensation and ego fulfillment-gratification.....and for what, until the next guy comes along and gets his?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Not a typo, I forgot about the roster bonus.

Mea culpa.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I hope Mack signs for just over $20M /w most guaranteed.

Then we can stop with the $25M isn’t enough bs

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope Mack signs for just over $20M /w most guaranteed.

Then we can stop with the $25M isn’t enough bs
$25 million is absolute BS!...Now with $24.9 million, yur cookin' with gas!:yess:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yeah, Mack's public demands are so much below ADs that they basically shot him in the nuts with that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'd rather they didn't to be honest...

They didn't want to pay Calais Campbell what amounted to $15M/yr, I doubt they'll want to pay $20+ to Mack.

We'll see, stranger things have happened.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Every once in awhile one simply has to chime in.
Three cheers for Rams management.
22 a year, 5 years, 70 guaranteed.
Otherwise, see ‘ya - and good luck.

I do not give a fuck HOW good he is. Pay the position. See JJ Watt. Repeat. See JJ Watt. Repeat. See JJ Watt.

What is it y’all are not getting about this.
A DT is NOT worth that money. I don’t care HOW much you love the guy.

Enjoy wherever you end up. You are a class guy - wish you the best, but you simply DO NOT impact the game enough to warrant that kind of salary.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every once in awhile one simply has to chime in.
Three cheers for Rams management.
22 a year, 5 years, 70 guaranteed.
Otherwise, see ‘ya - and good luck.

I do not give a freak HOW good he is. Pay the position. See JJ Watt. Repeat. See JJ Watt. Repeat. See JJ Watt.

What is it y’all are not getting about this.
A DT is NOT worth that money. I don’t care HOW much you love the guy.

Enjoy wherever you end up. You are a class guy - wish you the best, but you simply DO NOT impact the game enough to warrant that kind of salary.
But JJ Watt is an injury waiting to happen. AD has been rock solid, like Merlin Olsen was solid (14-15 straight years). It's not our money,*shrugs, so if they can make it work at less than 25 million a year, I could care less about the a few measly million spent by a multibillion dollar company named the LA Rams.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

not long now.

brockers - suh - donald

knob.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.