Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Two part question: do 3-4 DEs get paid like 4-3 DEs, and does that matter for the tag?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

AD produces pressures at the level of a top DE, so yeah that's a fair summation. Although I think you could also accurately say that he's one of those players who will help push the definition forward to where it's more about your pressure numbers than it is what position you play.

Also, and in his favor, pressures from the interior are probably more disruptive to forcing the ball out early than pressures from the backside. I would guess backside pressure produces higher turnover rate, but to have a guy in a QB's face and forcing that thing out early on a high percentage of pass dropbacks is a huge advantage.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
aaron-donald-sack-russell-wilson.jpg

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
If his agent is insulted by that then he can just sit and we either trade him or he spends the next three years in his prime not playing football. He holds no leverage In this.

if ad simply says I want to be traded then shows op to camp but gives no effort the rams can't pay him 6.9 mil this year and tag money the next two year for a player who is giving no effort. the other 31 teams know he is not playing up to his talent level so he is still worth trading for. so it looks to me like the rams should set their price and if he won't take it we must trade him jmo.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have officially begun my AD strike: AD avatar until they sign him long term. I am sure Kevin Demoff is now going to get serious about all this...

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really wish I had the one where he jumps up out of the OL/DL scrum and comes down on Wilson lmao. That's like my favorite animated gif ever not sure what I did with it sigh.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Question, and I don't know if it has been mentioned on this thread. Do you think AD or the Rams could be trying to wait it out to see what Khalil Mack inks for or vice-versa? It seems to be similar situations with both basically wanting to make QB money.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question, and I don't know if it has been mentioned on this thread. Do you think AD or the Rams could be trying to wait it out to see what Khalil Mack inks for or vice-versa? It seems to be similar situations with both basically wanting to make QB money.

It's been discussed.

At some point though, IF that's the reason why, AD needs to actually focus on getting ready for the season and show up. The team needs to know what it has, and it would be handy for the DL to get practices etc together, especially with Suh trying to fit in.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's been discussed.

At some point though, IF that's the reason why, AD needs to actually focus on getting ready for the season and show up. The team needs to know what it has, and it would be handy for the DL to get practices etc together, especially with Suh trying to fit in.
Suh has got to hate this. He was finally going to get some relief from constant double teams playing beside AD. If AD is not there, Suh gets a full dose of them again.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

gotta laugh at all this trade talk.

ad is going nowhere. the rams would be fools to let him go. they will agree on a number sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.