Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
There is no way AD forfeits another acrrued year toward FA. He WILL be signed by the August 7 deadline. If not, I will immediately purchase a donald jersey and eat it piece by piece. No sauce. No side dish. Nothing. As a matter of fact I won't consume any food until every stitch of that jersey has seen the inside of my stomach.

Once all the jersey reminants return to daylight, I will send them to his agent.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Zodi

Hall of Fame
There is no way AD forfeits another acrrued year toward FA. He WILL be signed by the August 7 deadline. If not, I will immediately purchase a donald jersey and eat it piece by piece. No sauce. No side dish. Nothing. As a matter of fact I won't consume any food until every stitch of that jersey has seen the inside of my stomach.

Once all the jersey reminants return to daylight, I will send them to his agent.

Bookmarked

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would not be too quick to dismiss one person's tweet over the other. Even if one is more established. Geller's tweet was quickly dismissed but everything coming out since does not dispute his other than he's a nobody. And so far no one from either side is disputing what was said in that tweet. If it wasn't true you would think Donald's camp would leak something to contradict that. Since these reports came out Donald has lost a lot of support in the court of public opinion.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I would not be too quick to dismiss one person's tweet over the other. Even if one is more established. Geller's tweet was quickly dismissed but everything coming out since does not dispute his other than he's a nobody. And so far no one from either side is disputing what was said in that tweet. If it wasn't true you would think Donald's camp would leak something to contradict that. Since these reports came out Donald has lost a lot of support in the court of public opinion.
All we have heard from either side is silence. Getting silence after gellers tweet doesn't mean anything. Nothing has leaked so know one knows anything. All we here is what people think or what people heard people think. While someone might guess right in the end, it doesn't mean they new squat. So after all the tweets and reports what do we know?? NOTHING!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If it wasn't true you would think Donald's camp would leak something to contradict that.
Why? Neither side has really disputed ANY off the tweets. I don't think they give two shits about what these guys say.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I've been stewing on this idea of looking at these contracts not as $$ but as % of the salary cap. This site has been pretty helpful on those lines for those of you who want to run down that rabbit hole with me:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/
So he will take up around 14% of the cap.
I've been stewing on this idea of looking at these contracts not as $$ but as % of the salary cap. This site has been pretty helpful on those lines for those of you who want to run down that rabbit hole with me:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/
We have 42 mill just towards the Dline without Donald getting a raise. Wow.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One good sign here is that things have yet to get ugly, with both sides leaking info and posturing in the press. This means they might be close.

Have to think that if the Rams or AD are throwing in the towel things would be getting nasty by now.

Psycho_X

Legend

AD and Mack have the same agents right? Just thinking from a pure agent perspective who didn't give a shit about their clients (not saying this is true but from pure selfish stance) it'd make sense to do ADs first and set the top market number since Edge rushers always get paid more than interior lineman. They ignore Mack until Donald is done and they'll make more money.

But that's just devil's advocate speculation. Either way, glad there seems to be constant dialogue with AD at least.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Saw this as well, we're at least communicating and negotiating with our guy.

These two want too much for their respected positions. They don't want to make the same mistakes Miami made with Suh and I don't blame them

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Hey @wolfdogg , if it comes to this I'll save you the $125 and send you my A. Donald jersey. I only want photos of the "meal" in return. But not the "remnants"...
:puke:

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
this is really quite simple...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.