Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Rams are a billion-dollar business owned by a billionaire. It's exactly what you're doing. In fact, it's a testament to the NFL that they've been able to build such strong brand loyalty that fans see themselves more as part of the "team" than customers of extremely profitable businesses.
You missed my point entirely. Probably because you seem to be overly invested (pun intended) in this situation for whatever reason. Seems to get you all riled up. Again, I want what is best for the TEAM. Couldn't care less about the difference in millions that a player receives. That is their business. I want the organization to be able to thrive within the rules currently in place. What is so hard to understand about that?? It's quite simple from a fan standpoint..... At least it should be.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The Rams are a billion-dollar business owned by a billionaire. It's exactly what you're doing. In fact, it's a testament to the NFL that they've been able to build such strong brand loyalty that fans see themselves more as part of the "team" than customers of extremely profitable businesses. I'm guilty of that too, but I'm not going to feel some type of way about a player trying to maximize his value.
Curious. What is the monetary value that YOU would put on Donald?
AD deserves to be the highest paid defensive player in the game. I however don't feel that he should be the highest overall player in the game.
Imo, 20 mill a year is a fair deal

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
You missed my point entirely. Probably because you seem to be overly invested (pun intended) in this situation for whatever reason. Seems to get you all riled up. Again, I want what is best for the TEAM. Couldn't care less about the difference in millions that a player receives. That is their business. I want the organization to be able to thrive within the rules currently in place. What is so hard to understand about that?? It's quite simple from a fan standpoint..... At least it should be.
I am honestly getting mixed signals her Jrry. The bold is why many are upset if Donald's agent truly is asking for the unreachable. The bold in your post also counters your point that people are choosing Billionaires over Millionaires. The fans want Donald. But they also want to be able to keep Joyner, Goff and maintain a solid oline. All those guys need to get paid as well. Nobody is choosing sides as far as ownership and players. We just want a strong team

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curious. What is the monetary value that YOU would put on Donald?
AD deserves to be the highest paid defensive player in the game. I however don't feel that he should be the highest overall player in the game.
Imo, 20 mill a year is a fair deal

Around $22 million per year.

Hahaha. You've been posting with me long enough to know that this isn't even close to my riled up. :LOL:

I care about the team AND the players. The players are the product. I know what they're putting on the line, so I'm not going to begrudge them for wanting their fair due from a bunch of super rich people who aren't making the same sacrifices.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Around $22 million per year.

Hahaha. You've been posting with me long enough to know that this isn't even close to my riled up. :LOL:

I care about the team AND the players. The players are the product. I know what they're putting on the line, so I'm not going to begrudge them for wanting their fair due from a bunch of super rich people who aren't making the same sacrifices.
Would you consider over 22 million a year unreasonable?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also know damned well and explained damned well who wants the salary cap in place. You're conveniently ignoring that point which puts everything you quoted into a very clear and intellectually honest context.
And you're ignoring what I said hahaha

What business man wouldn't want a cap on the total he had to pay his employees! Good lord even that has nothing to do with the fact that right now in today the real world the Rams are capped on what they can play their players. It's fine to live in another reality where you want to change things but the fact is the CBA has to be agreed to by both sides. Owners want what they want and the players want what they want. They negotiate and in the last round of negotiations the players were happy with the salary cap structure or they wouldn't have signed the deal. Either that or there were things that were more important to them. So be mad at the owners all you want that changes nothing with the reality of the CBA. You think I'm ignoring think I'm ignoring what the owners want when I'm not, I just blame both sides for the CBA, you seem to think only the owners created it. Which of us is ignoring anything?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And you're ignoring what I said hahaha

What business man wouldn't want a cap on the total he had to pay his employees! Good lord even that has nothing to do with the fact that right now in today the real world the Rams are capped on what they can play their players. It's fine to live in another reality where you want to change things but the fact is the CBA has to be agreed to by both sides. Owners want what they want and the players want what they want. They negotiate and in the last round of negotiations the players were happy with the salary cap structure or they wouldn't have signed the deal. Either that or there were things that were more important to them. So be mad at the owners all you want that changes nothing with the reality of the CBA. You think I'm ignoring think I'm ignoring what the owners want when I'm not, I just blame both sides for the CBA, you seem to think only the owners created it. Which of us is ignoring anything?

Why would I "blame" the players for something they don't want? Feel free to blame the players for the things they did want, like less padded practices. But I'm going to blame the owners for creating the artificial limitation that people keep shrouding themselves in when they try to claim this isn't a dispute between a millionaire and a billionaire.

P.S. Why wouldn't a businessman want to get paid more money? Yet, Donald is still getting criticized for that.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
[/QUOTE]
Quibbling over 21 or 25 mil. That's so much money AD's great-great grand kids will never have to work. .[/QUOTE]

Not if he has as many kids as Jarnoris Jenkins!.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
What now ? If he really did turn down 21 mil a season he is nuts. He may be the best DT but I do not want to pay ANY DT quarterback money.
He is great and all but he is still a DT.
His agent needs fired.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would I "blame" the players for something they don't want? Feel free to blame the players for the things they did want, like less padded practices. But I'm going to blame the owners for creating the artificial limitation that people keep shrouding themselves in when they try to claim this isn't a dispute between a millionaire and a billionaire.

P.S. Why wouldn't a businessman want to get paid more money? Yet, Donald is still getting criticized for that.
First off I'm not criticizing AD for wanting the biggest payday he can get from the Rams. You're assuming that I am. Secondly and most importantly, you seem to not want to acknowledge this, if the players didn't want this cap structure why did they sign the CBA?

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Then trade him. No way is it worth paying a DT quarterback money. Let someone else do it. It’s great having him, but I’ll take good/not great at 5mil per than 20-25 per. I just can’t wrap my mind around this nonsense.

If our QB was already under a long term deal, cool. But without that locked up. It doesn’t make sense to me.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
They didn't say they have sources saying this, it says they believe he'll not play another down without a contract. I could say I believe I'm a good looking guy, but that doesn't make it so, which it isn't. It's simply an opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Should have that labeled under Rumors/Speculation until we get official details from AD or his agent. A lot of speculative information is inflammatory these days for the average person.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This would be great in the AD thread where we're already discussing it :)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if the players didn't want this cap structure why did they sign the CBA?

They were on the edge of breaking. The owners had the money to wait them out, especially since their tv contracts at the time involved payments whether there were games or not (that would need to be repaid at some future time).

The players would rather not have a cap - but it's hard to keep players from crossing the line since their careers are so short, and they know it. As bad as the contract is for players, it could be far worse.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Well it's a good thing we got Suh. If this is true I'm ready to start exploring trade options. We could use some talent at LB and high draft picks.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Adam Shefter and Cameron DeSilva Not sure I can believe much from either one. If true F AD and give Suh his money. AD has already proved to me he's not a team guy, he's selfish and has a huge ego. Let him sit all season and acure fines and get a #1 draft pick at the end of the year. Let him go play for the Browns or Buc's.

Pound sand, and kick rocks AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.