Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it's a good thing we got Suh. If this is true I'm ready to start exploring trade options. We could use some talent at LB and high draft picks.

Maybe a young, good RG.

I'm an advocate of getting a bunch of mid-round picks. The Rams have stars, and are having trouble fitting them in under the cap. Good depth players would make that easier.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kalil Mack didn"t show up for camp either, and I'll bet none of you guys care. It's just business, right? BTW, Aaron Donald is better than Mack and should be paid more- lol!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about the team? How much is Kroenke worth? How much are the Rams worth? Why should Donald take less to help those who are richer than him? The Rams have a massive amount of cap room, yet they're also quibbling over that amount. Stop taking the business personally.

Do you think AD would be right to tell you that you should take less money from your job, Bubba?

Wrong POV, jrry....It would be like AD telling Bubba not that he should take less, because this is asking about the size of a raise and not a reduction in pay.

Then AD tells Bubba "I'll make you the highest paid widget maker in history!"

Bubba responds.."Naw dog, I see how much money you make as AD/Widget Maker Inc. Owner, so I want as much as the CEO of Widget Maker Inc."

AD shakes head and says "Never mind Bubba. I can pay that rookie contract you signed for another year, and then pay you for two more years on a tag. I was gonna use the franchise tag on Widget Maker Todd Gurley, but we worked out a deal and now I can use it on you. I still want to make you the highest paid Widget maker in history. BTW..the new deal has guaranteed widget maker money so that you never have to work another job the rest of your life, but if you get injured without it....well..you know. Get back to me?"

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
What now ? If he really did turn down 21 mil a season he is nuts. He may be the best DT but I do not want to pay ANY DT quarterback money.
He is great and all but he is still a DT.
His agent needs fired.
Cousins thinks this is a deal.

fearsomefour

Legend
21mil 75% of it guaranteed, just get it done.

If that doesn't work, freak it, let him sit and waste his time.
This is it.
He is under under contract.
I wouldn't trade him and I would t pay him for time he isent there.
Want to waste your talent? Fine by me but you're not going anywhere else.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Simple Question for anyone that cares to respond. Kurt Cousins is making 28 million this year and the following 2. Is Kurt Cousins a better football player than Aaron Donald?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Come at me with some real news that either comes from the Rams organization or from Donald's camp, not this shriveled up opinions of those who have absolutely nothing concrete to say. Obviously they have no more to offer than any of us here do. So quit treating these opinions as news.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yep if this is true I would try to trade him for multiple first rounders and/or Picks and players. Or like others have said Just let him sit. He is 27 years old already and we have him by the balls for 3 years. If the rams can't get hall of fame player worth of picks and players then lets call his bluff... I bet he shows up.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Simple Question for anyone that cares to respond. Kurt Cousins is making 28 million this year and the following 2. Is Kurt Cousins a better football player than Aaron Donald?

He is a more valuable football player. Not sure how you judge better between radically different positions
In the NFL, having a good to great QB contributes more to winning than having an elite DT. Just a simple fact of how the game is played.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
He is a more valuable football player. Not sure how you judge better between radically different positions
In the NFL, having a good to great QB contributes more to winning than having an elite DT. Just a simple fact of how the game is played.

Thanks for responding, so I take your answer is yes, Cousins is a better football player than Donald.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were on the edge of breaking. The owners had the money to wait them out, especially since their tv contracts at the time involved payments whether there were games or not (that would need to be repaid at some future time).

The players would rather not have a cap - but it's hard to keep players from crossing the line since their careers are so short, and they know it. As bad as the contract is for players, it could be far worse.
Got it the owners are evil the players are victims, they were forced to sign the deal. Back to ignoring this thread until something happens with AD and his contract.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
IT IS NOT NEWS! IT SAYS THEY BELIEVE. IT'S AN OPINION, A GUESS, CONJECTURE. THEY KNOW AS MUCH AS YOU AND I DO.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for responding, so I take your answer is yes, Cousins is a better football player than Donald.

No, I think your question was wrongheaded and shows a misunderstanding of the differences between positions.

And please don't put your choice of words in my mouth.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
No, I think your question was wrongheaded and shows a misunderstanding of the differences between positions.

And please don't put your choice of words in my mouth.

Dont know what wrongheaded means, believe my question was simple and straight forward. Sorry to offend, just was trying to clarify if more valuable means better. IMO it does,

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I ran across this somewhere else.

I can't post the tweet but here is a copy/paste:

Someone named Eric Geller whom is a freelanceer that covers LA sports franchises.

Donald's agent is doing him no favors, and he is fucking with his future in ways that Donald should resent IMO.

Just got confirmation. SOURCES: L.A. @RamsNFL offering @AaronDonald97 4 yr. $21M per making AD highest paid D player in NFL history. AD’s agent “insulted” by offer. He’s looking for north of $25M per for AD which is QB $$. Not going to happen, nor should it. #MobSquad #SignAD99

Status
Not open for further replies.