Aaron Donald is signed, 6-years, $135 million, including $87 million guaranteed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
So @jakebogen95 may have had some pretty good information after all - eh? Keep slugging away Jake. If it was easy and you could do it with a thin skin, everyone would be doing it.
Much appreciated my friend. OBJ's numbers I got almost dead on. AD's not as much but I'll take it. Was told the deal would be done on Friday around Monday morning. The Rams had the deal "finalized" but would wait to announce it after they had gotten the preseason game #4 out of the way.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Much appreciated my friend. OBJ's numbers I got almost dead on. AD's not as much but I'll take it. Was told the deal would be done on Friday around Monday morning. The Rams had the deal "finalized" but would wait to announce it after they had gotten the preseason game #4 out of the way.

I have to give it to you. You did a great job breaking the story.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I believed in you man. Good job. Thanks for the hard work.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Speaking of ESPN, all this week that site has frozen my pc every time I've gone on there. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something...

NFLNetwork.com locks up my phone, so I feel you.

Ram65

Legend
I didn't make the first page but, I'm thrilled it's over. It's on!!!!! Go Rams!!!!!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
WAIT A DANG MINUTE!!!

How is this place not jumpin’ like Grand Central during the holidays???

I’m so giddy excited that I got that nervous feeling in my stomach and can’t sleep (trying to pass this stupid stone may, kinda, maybe also be playing a part).

This team has all the parts to become historically good on offense, defense and special teams.

By next Sunday as the rest of the NFL plays, I’m gonna be a dang basket case.

How is everyone else sleeping???

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WAIT A DANG MINUTE!!!

How is this place not jumpin’ like Grand Central during the holidays???

I’m so giddy excited that I got that nervous feeling in my stomach and can’t sleep (trying to pass this stupid stone may, kinda, maybe also be playing a part).

This team has all the parts to become historically good on offense, defense and special teams.

By next Sunday as the rest of the NFL plays, I’m gonna be a dang basket case.

How is everyone else sleeping???

Well, as long as you're up, what will Cooper Kupp's numbers be this year?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, as long as you're up, what will Cooper Kupp's numbers be this year?

I actually expect them to stay about the same or go down a bit as Cooks far outperforms Watkins’ numbers and the offense.

I also expect that with the offense being more efficient and the scoring D greatly improving, the raw numbers won’t be as high as they would if every week were a shootout.

I think we could average over 35 Pts a game, but we won’t because McVay will focus on wins and keeping the starters healthy. With how well I think the D will perform, especially after the first few games, I think Kelly may actually have comparable running numbers to Gurley except Kelly’s would mostly be in garbage time.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Below is a link to a doom-and-gloom article in The Ringer that claims the AD contract means Rams have only a two year Lombardi window, in 2018 and 2019.

Author claims Rams are screwed in 2020 because: Whit and Sully gone, Talib old, Goff 21M+ cap hit, Peters big hit, Gurley and Donald and Cooks big cap hits. Basically: author claims that in 2020, our superstars will all have big cap hits that will take up a too-large portion of the cap.

My Counter-arguments: Noteboom and Allen on OL, a keeper or two on D in this year’s class (Kiser and JFM?), continued good drafting in 2018 and 2019, LA as super-attractive destination for vets.

I agree Rams are in a great position for 2018 and 2019, but I was under the impression Rams are still in decent cap shape in 2020 and 2021. Or is it just too far-off to make judgments on this?

Then again... Big 5 of Gurley, Goff, Donald, Cooks and Peters will all have big cap hits in 2020.

Thoughts?

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/8/31/17806224/aaron-donald-los-angeles-rams-contract-extension

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I actually expect them to stay about the same or go down a bit as Cooks far outperforms Watkins’ numbers and the offense.

I also expect that with the offense being more efficient and the scoring D greatly improving, the raw numbers won’t be as high as they would if every week were a shootout.

I think we could average over 35 Pts a game, but we won’t because McVay will focus on wins and keeping the starters healthy. With how well I think the D will perform, especially after the first few games, I think Kelly may actually have comparable running numbers to Gurley except Kelly’s would mostly be in garbage time.
I think our offense will be more of the second half of the season after the bye week last year. If that projection holds up, Kupp ends up with 78 receptions for 1106 yards with around 7 TDs. JMO but we might see some monster numbers this year from our offense.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The only reason I’m muting my raw production expectations is that I have a ton of faith in our D to stop scoring.

I think our O is easily capable of scoring 35+ ppg.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate to be the snicker's bar at the pool party, but isn't AD TOO light right now? He said he was 270 lbs now, but the commenters for the top 100 said that he was 30 pounds lighter than the Olinemen at 285-290 lbs?

:fuelfire:

Love this team, let's go win all of the rest of the Superbowls till they call it the Ramsbowl and have to make a separate award/game for everyone else!

Suck it niners, suck it Jimmie goropopick, I bet he throws the Rams 7 picks this year, easy