a respectful thread about Robert Quinn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think after last night im done with Quinn .. was pretty much a non factor and i cant remember any plays that stood out other than 2 penalties

after he got the unnecessary roughness call he wasnt on the field for two plays (and i stand to be corrected here so feel free) there were two plays ran while Quin was on the sidelines and (im pretty sure) longarce made one play in relief and then Ebukam ..i doubt he has any trade value with that contract and his current production but id be calling some 4-3 teams

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think after last night im done with Quinn .. was pretty much a non factor and i cant remember any plays that stood out other than 2 penalties

after he got the unnecessary roughness call he wasnt on the field for two plays (and i stand to be corrected here so feel free) there were two plays ran while Quin was on the sidelines and (im pretty sure) longarce made one play in relief and then Ebukam ..i doubt he has any trade value with that contract and his current production but id be calling some 4-3 teams

Could we pick up a 3rd round pick for him for a team running a 4-3 scheme??

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The number of times he lines up in the neutral zone... it’s completely unforgivable. Half the time it’s not called thankfully.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
id ask for a 2nd .... id take a 3rd and 6th/7th .. id defo ask if the browns were interested but after i checked the box score he had 2 tackles yesterday (both TFLS) might be hard for any team to give up too much with that contrart and that production.

maybe he needs a change of scenery or his injuries have just piled up and will never be the 19 sack mighty Quinn again ... Barwin had his best game for us yesterday and with similar production from Ebukam and Longarce i can see his time with the rams coming to an end.

He has a solid rep in the league (stink was singing his praises all night long) we should get something for him

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn is hurting this team now with penalties and he spends more time on the ground than upright . Let the young guys play .

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He was great because he had the speed to go way outside and come back to the qb . He still has that first step to get to the outside which helps with the run, but he doesnt have the speed to get back to the Q.B. I don't see him hurting us that much but I also don't see them paying him alot next season for this production.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
So... I think he's a great guy. He's definitely not a complainer and has made some great plays in the past for this defense. He's well above average, well, he used to be. I respect him and I'm not calling him out or anything. I sincerely wonder if he's a good fit for us, vrs the money being paid. After all there is a salary cap and the NFL is a business.

1. I feel like at the end of the season, McVay is going to compare Quinn's production against his pay, and they just might let him go in the off season.

2. He's just not getting to the QB so far this season. Outside speed rush is about all we're seeing and most left tackles seem to be riding/pushing him past the pocket, past the play, fairly easily.

3. I personally will pay close attention to him this Sunday against Dallas. If he keeps looking average this week, I'm going to be even more concerned. When I've watched him lately I get the feeling he's not giving 100% anymore, that he's content with his money and doesn't want to get hurt. The smiling on the sidelines when we're losing tells me a lot. Players who live for the game and HATE to lose, don't smile and have a good time when it appears we're going to lose the game. They just don't.

I spoke up and voiced similar (not producing) comments about Chris Long way before it was "allowed" on here to do so. By "allowed" I mean I took some shots about how "sacks are not the most important thing" and "making tackles are not the most important thing" but that Long was a leader and had the job of containment on the edge. Problem is we were paying him way too much to contain the edge and not make big plays.

Have at me.

Well, it looks more and more like youre right about quinns decline as a player. I was hoping he could pull it together by now but it appears that Longacre has become the better option. Its hard to believe, really, and while I'll still hope he can play some higher level ball consistently soon, it doesn't seem likely.

And yeah, the smiling on the sidelines while your losing has always bugged me. I know football is a game and many times the outcome is taken too seriously given other things going on in the world, but cmon, if it bugs me more than it does you as a player on the sideline while it's happening, then I wonder why that is.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, it looks more and more like youre right about quinns decline as a player. I was hoping he could pull it together by now but it appears that Longacre has become the better option. Its hard to believe, really, and while I'll still hope he can play some higher level ball consistently soon, it doesn't seem likely.

And yeah, the smiling on the sidelines while your losing has always bugged me. I know football is a game and many times the outcome is taken too seriously given other things going on in the world, but cmon, if it bugs me more than it does you as a player on the sideline while it's happening, then I wonder why that is.
hmmm a 1.5 million dollar pay check win or lose probably would put a smile on my face too ;) (semi blue font)

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
And his current price I think that's kind of doubtful.
Anybody that really wants him will just wait it out and pick him up next year in the offseason

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching Quinn like

Annnnddddddd he's over run the play again....

...annnnddddd he is offside again

...annnnnddddd he's on the floor again

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
hmmm a 1.5 million dollar pay check win or lose probably would put a smile on my face too ;) (semi blue font)

I know you're kidding but I would be even more unhappy that I was playing well below that paycheck.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know you're kidding but I would be even more unhappy that I was playing well below that paycheck.
half kidding ...i think thats where the frustration comes in us as fans ..we live for the weekend to see our guys play and would play this game for half of what the players make we care we work 40-50-60 hour weeks to provide for our families we struggle at times to make ends meet .. we love our team .. and some players do love the team just as much as we do

JL loved this team .. Long loved this team .. SJ loved this team... they same way LT loved the chargers and Lewis loved the ravens .. they never smiled when losing ...to others this game is a way to get rich

there are players no longer in this league because they arent good enough but love the game and would give their right arms to play one more game ... there are some super talented people who never have to work as hard as some as their talent gets them through ..and how many times has a player got a huge contract his 40-50-60 mil guaranteed and never sniffs another gaudy season or that pro bowl.. they made for life