A look towards the 2024 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 @Memento Either of you looked at Jayden Daniels? Or anybody else for that matter. I get Florida's defense has issues but that was a pretty impressive performance last night. I'm pretty sure Jrry has talked about him a bit before but he looked great.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
    LAR

Sedrick Van Pran
    OC Georgia
    trade icon
    LAR

Cooper Beebe
    OG Kansas State
    trade icon
    LAR

J.J. McCarthy
    QB Michigan
    trade icon
    LAR

Michael Hall Jr.
    DT Ohio State
    trade icon
    LAR

Tommy Eichenberg
    LB Ohio State
    trade icon
    LAR

Tyler Guyton
    OT Oklahoma
    trade icon
    LAR

Braelon Allen
    RB Wisconsin
    trade icon
  • 2025 NE 4th
  • 2025 CHI 7th
How would this look to you?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think those draft spots are realistic but the players are good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
@jrry32 @Memento Either of you looked at Jayden Daniels? Or anybody else for that matter. I get Florida's defense has issues but that was a pretty impressive performance last night. I'm pretty sure Jrry has talked about him a bit before but he looked great.
Yeah I think he might go a lot earlier than people expect, at least looking at a lot of current boards. This QB class has potential to be a bit crazy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like your first three picks (don’t know enough about the other players), but I can’t see Barton or Trice lasting that long.
Yeah all of these simulators have some risers and fallers each draft they're really bizarre sometimes. One draft I traded back to 30 and Bowers was there. I don't want the guy but hard to pass him up there.

oldnotdead

Legend
Biggest needs in draft order:

1. QB
2. Edge
3. LT
4. CB
5. RB
6. Probably 3 picks; CB, LB, WR
7. Probably 3 picks: OT, DT, WR

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a Bowers fan but when you trade down to 29 get another 2nd and 3rd hard to pass him up.

1700835040657.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW I love Blake Corum. One of the small RB's I love because of his power in his legs.
I actually like the draft after more. Also I'm doing these with the premise that McVay feels he can get a couple more years out of Stafford before resetting the QB position. IMO I think that's the most likely course of action. So I give him a couple pieces on the OL and a couple weapons and Sinnott is one of my favorite day 2 and beyond TE's.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I actually like the draft after more. Also I'm doing these with the premise that McVay feels he can get a couple more years out of Stafford before resetting the QB position. IMO I think that's the most likely course of action. So I give him a couple pieces on the OL and a couple weapons and Sinnott is one of my favorite day 2 and beyond TE's.
I can understand not going QB, however, this is one of those drafts where QB's are upper tier IMHO. If you wait maybe two years, then who, in two years? If Wentz is truly a viable option to backup Stafford, then I am good, however, I do think this is one of the special years, where the QB position is going to be rated as one of the top overall.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can understand not going QB, however, this is one of those drafts where QB's are upper tier IMHO. If you wait maybe two years, then who, in two years? If Wentz is truly a viable option to backup Stafford, then I am good, however, I do think this is one of the special years, where the QB position is going to be rated as one of the top overall.
Not disputing that with you, just projecting what I think McVay will do which is one of two ways to do these things. How we would do it and how we think the Rams will do it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not disputing that with you, just projecting what I think McVay will do which is one of two ways to do these things. How we would do it and how we think the Rams will do it.
So I believe the rest of the year will showcase how they go. If Stafford gets hurt again, then I believe they will look for their future QB. However, if Stafford can play the rest of the year and play well, then I believe they could go in the direction you have so eloquently communicated.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I believe the rest of the year will showcase how they go. If Stafford gets hurt again, then I believe they will look for their future QB. However, if Stafford can play the rest of the year and play well, then I believe they could go in the direction you have so eloquently communicated.
All I know is the Rams have never come out of a draft or free agency with anybody( or at least an incredibly small number of people) thinking "Holy cow that's exactly how I would have done it". Locking our thoughts into a way the Rams will do the draft is just destined for disappointment IMO. Which leads to so many around here disliking players we took.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All I know is the Rams have never come out of a draft or free agency with anybody( or at least an incredibly small number of people) thinking "Holy cow that's exactly how I would have done it". Locking our thoughts into a way the Rams will do the draft is just destined for disappointment IMO. Which leads to so many around here disliking players we took.
IDK, I liked this years draft with the exception of Bennett and you know how I felt about him. Wasn't sure how they would go. In fairness the Kobie Turner pick had me scratching my head, but that pick has turned out well.

Now if the Rams don't draft a QB, I will understand and as long as they have a viable option to backup Stafford I would judge the draft based on the players selected, not who or whom I wanted them to select.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams made it clear last year that they needed to draft a QB, so I cant see how they turn around this year and ignore it. Bennett was a terrible pick, but it did identify the need. Best case scenario the Rams sign a Wentz, or some other vet QB on a 1 year deal, and then draft a qb they mold. With the amount of decent QB's coming out, they should be able to grab one early on day 2, or maybe trade back in to the end of the 1st for one

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams made it clear last year that they needed to draft a QB, so I cant see how they turn around this year and ignore it. Bennett was a terrible pick, but it did identify the need. Best case scenario the Rams sign a Wentz, or some other vet QB on a 1 year deal, and then draft a qb they mold. With the amount of decent QB's coming out, they should be able to grab one early on day 2, or maybe trade back in to the end of the 1st for one
Wentz is the next Bortles IMO a vet on a 1 year deal backup.