A look towards the 2024 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm all about a top EDGE & a quality ILB during free agency next year, so I've basically scratched those positions as early draft picks. I have Havenstein playing thru 2024 for us, meaning a drafted OT can wait one more year. As it stands today, I also give our DB's another year, possibly looking at free agency if the right talent pops up. This draft leans heavily towards the offense.

Currently, I'm going with :

1'st round - WR (Xavier Worthy, Tx.). McVay gets a new top quality receiving toy while Kupp still has a few years of good value left in him. Kid only needs to add some weight to his 6'1" frame.
2'nd round - RB (Braelon Allen, Wis). Akers likely gone, so Allen, Williams, Rivers & Evans take us to the next level.
3'rd round - TE (Cade Stover, Oh. St.). Higbee & Hunter Long will be gone, although I won't be surprised if Hopkins is re-signed on the cheap.
4'th round - C (Bryce Foster, ATM). Brian Allen is likely off our books & Shelton will be moving into his 'contract' year. We don't really know what we have in UDFA McAllister yet.
5'th round - QB (Jayden Daniels, LSU). Security against whatever is going on with Bennett.
6'th round - DT (Fabien Lovett, Fl.St.)

jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes! That or LB. My skin crawls watching Rozebloom out there or knowing Reeder is back but that is better than having a side of the whole defense constantly collapsing in. Need someone who can hold contain and obvious other abilities!
No thank you to an ilb in round one.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
FUCKING HARRISON MEVIS WITH A 61-YARD FIELD GOAL TO WIN IT.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Memento

Name
Jemma
Honestly, and I know this is going to be heresy, but I fucking love Jer'Zahn Newton (Illinois), and I'd gladly take him with our first. He reminds me so much of AD, it's not even funny; he'd be perfect to learn from AD and replace him when he retires. Dontay "The Godfather" Corleone (Cincinnati) is a nose tackle I love (rated as a second rounder thus far, but it wouldn't shock me if he jumped in the rankings); as a redshirt freshman last year, he had the highest PFF rating for any defender. Any. Defender. And these guys fit the McVay mold; they're both hard-working, high-motor defensive linemen who are advanced stats darlings (like Kobie Turner and Desjuan Johnson).

And Kris Abrams-Draine and Ennis Rakestraw Jr. (CBs, Mizzou) are playing out of their minds. (3rd and 5th spent on them, please?), and Harrison Mevis (Mizzou kicker) is awesome from deep.

So yeah, that would be my draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see him often around our pick sometimes a bit after but I think there are much bigger needs and players just as impactful to fill those needs.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I see him often around our pick sometimes a bit after but I think there are much bigger needs and players just as impactful to fill those needs.

AD wasn't considered a "bigger need". Jalen Carter of the Eagles wasn't considered a "bigger need". I think Newton is that kind of player. Every time I watch him, I'm impressed. He's quick, strong, violent hands, and all he really needs is technical refinement. And I consider replacing AD next year - and we will need to replace him next year - to be my top priority. And then you have Bobby Brown III at nose tackle, but little else who are 300+ pounds. Imagine a future defensive line of Newton, Kobie Turner, and Corleone. That's what I see.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD wasn't considered a "bigger need". Jalen Carter of the Eagles wasn't considered a "bigger need". I think Newton is that kind of player. Every time I watch him, I'm impressed. He's quick, strong, violent hands, and all he really needs is technical refinement. And I consider replacing AD next year - and we will need to replace him next year - to be my top priority. And then you have Bobby Brown III at nose tackle, but little else who are 300+ pounds. Imagine a future defensive line of Newton, Kobie Turner, and Corleone. That's what I see.
:)

AD was a need more so than I'd say a DT is a need right now, yes I agree Newton is impressive. But are we better with AD, Turner and Brown/Brown/Williams along the line and Young, Jones, (insert ILB drafted later) and Turner/Robinson/Verse (all of which I see mocked around our pick).

Sorry but Edge is one of our biggest needs and if we can get a guy who's just as impactful there as a DT where we have a better starter than Michael Hoecht I'm sprinting to the podium with an edge rushers name on the card.

That said I still want a LT first if there's one there because I don't trust Boom or Jackson there.

And for the record the Carter comparison is terrible :p He was widely regarded as the top player on defense and fell to major character issues. The fact he was there at 9 is stupid. Add to that they were the NFC champs with the #9 pick and still had their pick at 31 so it was a luxury pick.

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
:)

AD was a need more so than I'd say a DT is a need right now, yes I agree Newton is impressive. But are we better with AD, Turner and Brown/Brown/Williams along the line and Young, Jones, (insert ILB drafted later) and Turner/Robinson/Verse (all of which I see mocked around our pick).

Sorry but Edge is one of our biggest needs and if we can get a guy who's just as impactful there as a DT where we have a better starter than Michael Hoecht I'm sprinting to the podium with an edge rushers name on the card.

That said I still want a LT first if there's one there because I don't trust Boom or Jackson there.

And for the record the Carter comparison is terrible :p He was widely regarded as the top player on defense and fell to major character issues. The fact he was there at 9 is stupid. Add to that they were the NFC champs with the #9 pick and still had their pick at 31 so it was a luxury pick.

Eagles didn't need Jalen Carter (they had Jordan Davis that they drafted last year with a top fifteen pick, no less, Fletcher Cox, who has been a massive stud and a definite member of the Hall of Extremely Good, and a very good D-line already), but he's made them better because they took him. Same with AD; we thought he wasn't a massive need with Kendall Langford and Michael Brockers, but we took him anyway.

And I look at it this way: we need a kicker (Maher ain't it.), two edge rushers (free agency), a decent - not necessarily dominant, but decent - inside linebacker, a potentially better running back than K-Will, a young safety to replace Fuller and JJ3 (unless we re-sign JJ3 to a minor extension), backup corners (because Witherspoon is a UFA and you can never have enough corners, as was proven in 2011), O-line (for obvious reasons, although re-signing A-Jax to a minor boost would help), and D-line (because Donald, BB3, EB4,, Murchison, and J-Will or some combination of them are all gone in 2025 - Donald to retirement, most likely, or an excursion with the Steelers, which is his hometown team, and I wouldn't be able to judge him if he does, given all he's done for us - and the rest as UFAs.)

I'd have loved to add a tight end before Higbee re-signed, possibly a Kyle Pitts in a trade with a third-round pick - credit to @jrry32 for mentioning Pitts - so with Higbee, Pitts, Allen and Long, we're good. I'm also thinking that it's more than a possibility that Raheem Morris will become a HC after this year, gaining a compensatory third-round pick, so we can afford to trade a third-round pick.

Most of those - O-line and D-line aside - can be solved in free agency or late in the draft. I'd go hard after Chase Young or Brian Burns, someone around Young's and Turner's ages (25/26) who can grow with them, maybe add a potential one-year edge rusher (I'd go after Yetur Gross-Matos, personally). Lots of top running backs in free agency this year especially (Jonathan Taylor, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard, etc.), so we're good there.

Personally would switch Nick Hampton to ILB. He's got sideline-to-sideline speed, right? Let's have him use that and his blitzing prowess. Speaking of ILBs, I'd give a long-term extension to Ernest Jones. I feel that we'll deeply regret it if we don't.

What free agency doesn't have is a top interior pass-rusher that could replace Donald or a dominant nose tackle who can stuff the run with impunity. You only find them in the draft, first round or second round. You only find top offensive linemen in the draft because most of the good linemen are re-signed by teams.

That leaves the draft. I would not be upset at an offensive tackle, preferably a left tackle, in the first round. Fashanu, Alt, Latham, Mims, many good choices. I'd personally choose Jer'Zahn Newton over any of them; I want a guy to eventually take AD's place, and Newton is probably the closest comparable to AD that I've seen since he was drafted. There's a lot of very good 3-techs in this class: Maason Smith, Ruke Orhorhoro, etc., but Newton, without a shadow of a doubt, is the guy who's impressed me the absolute most.

Honestly, I may even - and I KNOW this is going to sound like blasphemy - TRADE AD to the Steelers for a first and a third. It would allow us to select a top left tackle with that pick, and the third could be used for all sorts of things. Let's just say the first goes for Kingsley Suamataia (BYU). I think he falls to the late first because of injuries, but this kid is an athletic freak of nature, 6'6", 325 lbs., and he's just been absolutely dominant. I think we could get another BYU gem with him.

Then there's the second round. I will go with Dontay "The Godfather" Corleone, and it's not because of his name. As I mentioned, he's an elite run-stuffer at nose, one of the best (and youngest) nose tackles in this class and has, in my opinion, untapped pass-rushing potential (he has a huge motor for 325 lbs. nose tackle, is versatile enough to play 5-tech, and reminds me, honestly, of A'Shawn Robinson). We lack beef in the middle aside from BB3. It also allows Kobie "The Conductor" Turner to play 5-tech, Desjuan Johnson to come in to give people a breather, and grab some more defensive linemen with moldable traits in the later rounds.

I'd also rob Peter to pay Paul. I love Rob Havenstein, I really do, but I truly, truly believe that a third-round pick could be the difference between me keeping him or not. Why? Because I also love Warren McClendon. He's not as tall or big as Havenstein, but he has a lot of his traits. He's a technician who wins with intelligence, knowledge of leverage, and hand placement rather than strength or athleticism. I want to see what he can do at right tackle, I honestly do, and I think he'll excel.

And with the third-round picks, I'd go for an edge rusher in Chris Braswell (Alabama) an offensive guard/tackle in Cooper Beebe (Kansas State), and a cornerback who would fit the STAR position (leaving Cobie Durant on the outside where he clearly belongs) like a glove Kris Abrams-Draine (Mizzou). KAD has been playing in a similar position at Mizzou that Cobie Durant has with us (STAR), and thus far, he has two picks, racked up a bunch of tackles, and has been quite physical. I'd select him with our second third round pick and upgrade two positions at once (moving Durant to outside, where he's excelled). Beebe is as dominant a guard in college as Avila was, but he doesn't have the athleticism that the others do, and he'll be strictly a guard at the next level, so he falls to our first third round pick. Braswell was an unknown before this year as a true senior, but his sheer athleticism is off the charts, and has 3.5 sacks, a forced fumble, and an interception already. Third of the third-round picks, I'll go with his potential.

Fourth round pick goes for a guard/center: Bryce Foster (Texas A&M). Sorry @Riverumbbq , I think Foster slips out of the third round; he's simply not good enough in pass protection as of yet. But he has tons of potential, so I'd love to see what he could do with a fourth round pick.

Fifth round pick? Ennis Rakestraw Jr. (Mizzou). The other half to KAD, Rakestraw doesn't have as many picks, but he's as sticky as they come and outshone KAD last year. I'd love to see the Mizzou corners compete with THT, see who gets the job.

Sixth round pick? Harrison Mevis (Mizzou's kicker). I mean, come on, game winning 61 yard field goal against K-State isn't enough for people to want this kid? I don't care that he looks like an obese Pillsbury Doughboy; he just makes kick after kick after kick. Ask Georgia how good this kid is; he nearly beat them on his own last year. He's as dominant a kicker as I've seen at Mizzou, and there's been a ton of them.

The four comp picks will be used for inside linebacker, safety, and two defensive linemen, I don't particularly care whom. And there will probably be trades and such and UDFAs that will likely make the team. Still, that's what I'd do this trade deadline and offseason.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eagles didn't need Jalen Carter (they had Jordan Davis that they drafted last year with a top fifteen pick, no less, Fletcher Cox, who has been a massive stud and a definite member of the Hall of Extremely Good, and a very good D-line already), but he's made them better because they took him. Same with AD; we thought he wasn't a massive need with Kendall Langford and Michael Brockers, but we took him anyway.

And I look at it this way: we need a kicker (Maher ain't it.), two edge rushers (free agency), a decent - not necessarily dominant, but decent - inside linebacker, a potentially better running back than K-Will, a young safety to replace Fuller and JJ3 (unless we re-sign JJ3 to a minor extension), backup corners (because Witherspoon is a UFA and you can never have enough corners, as was proven in 2011), O-line (for obvious reasons, although re-signing A-Jax to a minor boost would help), and D-line (because Donald, BB3, EB4,, Murchison, and J-Will or some combination of them are all gone in 2025 - Donald to retirement, most likely, or an excursion with the Steelers, which is his hometown team, and I wouldn't be able to judge him if he does, given all he's done for us - and the rest as UFAs.

I'd have loved to add a tight end before Higbee re-signed, possibly a Kyle Pitts in a trade with a third-round pick - credit to @jrry32 for mentioning Pitts - so with Higbee, Pitts, Allen and Long, we're good. I'm also thinking that it's more than a possibility that Raheem Morris will become a HC after this year, gaining a compensatory third-round pick, so we can afford to trade a third-round pick.

Most of those - O-line and D-line aside - can be solved in free agency or late in the draft. I'd go hard after Chase Young or Brian Burns, someone around Young's and Turner's ages (25/26) who can grow with them, maybe add a potential one-year edge rusher (I'd go after Yetur Gross-Matos, personally). Lots of top running backs in free agency this year especially (Jonathan Taylor, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard, etc.), so we're good there.

Personally would switch Nick Hampton to ILB. He's got sideline-to-sideline speed, right? Let's have him use that and his blitzing prowess. Speaking of ILBs, I'd give a long-term extension to Ernest Jones. I feel that we'll deeply regret it if we don't.

What free agency doesn't have is a top interior pass-rusher that could replace Donald or a dominant nose tackle who can stuff the run with impunity. You only find them in the draft, first round or second round. You only find top offensive linemen in the draft because most of the good linemen are re-signed by teams.

That leaves the draft. I would not be upset at an offensive tackle, preferably a left tackle, in the first round. Fashanu, Alt, Latham, Mims, many good choices. I'd personally choose Jer'Zahn Newton over any of them; I want a guy to eventually take AD's place, and Newton is probably the closest comparable to AD that I've seen since he was drafted. There's a lot of very good 3-techs in this class: Maason Smith, Ruke Orhorhoro, etc., but Newton, without a shadow of a doubt, is the guy who's impressed me the absolute most.

Honestly, I may even - and I KNOW this is going to sound like blasphemy - TRADE AD to the Steelers for a first and a third. It would allow us to select a top left tackle with that pick, and the third could be used for all sorts of things. Let's just say the first goes for Kingsley Suamataia (BYU). I think he falls to the late first because of injuries, but this kid is an athletic freak of nature, 6'6", 325 lbs., and he's just been absolutely dominant. I think we could get another BYU gem with him.

Then there's the second round. I will go with Dontay "The Godfather" Corleone, and it's not because of his name. As I mentioned, he's an elite run-stuffer at nose, one of the best (and youngest) nose tackles in this class and has, in my opinion, untapped pass-rushing potential (he has a huge motor for 325 lbs. nose tackle, is versatile enough to play 5-tech, and reminds me, honestly, of A'Shawn Robinson). We lack beef in the middle aside from BB3. It also allows Kobie "The Conductor" Turner to play 5-tech, Desjuan Johnson to come in to give people a breather, and grab some more defensive linemen with moldable traits in the later rounds.

I'd also rob Peter to pay Paul. I love Rob Havenstein, I really do, but I truly, truly believe that a third-round pick could be the difference between me keeping him or not. Why? Because I also love Warren McClendon. He's not as tall or big as Havenstein, but he has a lot of his traits. He's a technician who wins with intelligence, knowledge of leverage, and hand placement rather than strength or athleticism. I want to see what he can do at right tackle, I honestly do, and I think he'll excel.

And with the third-round picks, I'd go for an edge rusher in Chris Braswell (Alabama) an offensive guard/tackle in Cooper Beebe (Kansas State), and a cornerback who would fit the STAR position (leaving Cobie Durant on the outside where he clearly belongs) like a glove Kris Abrams-Draine (Mizzou). KAD has been playing in a similar position at Mizzou, and thus far, he has two picks, racked up a bunch of tackles, and has been quite physical. I'd select him with our second third round pick. Beebe is as dominant a guard in college as Avila was, but he doesn't have the athleticism that the others do, and he'll be strictly a guard at the next level, so he falls to our first third round pick. Braswell was an unknown before this year as a true senior, but his sheer athleticism is off the charts, and has 3.5 sacks, a forced fumble, and an interception already. Third of the third-round picks, I'll go with his potential.

Fourth round pick goes for a guard/center: Bryce Foster (Texas A&M). Sorry @Riverumbbq , I think Foster slips out of the third round; he's simply not good enough in pass protection as of yet. But he has tons of potential, so I'd love to see what he could do with a fourth round pick.

Fifth round pick? Ennis Rakestraw Jr. (Mizzou). The other half to KAD, Rakestraw doesn't have as many picks, but he's as sticky as they come and outshone KAD last year. I'd love to see the Mizzou corners compete with THT, see who gets the job.

Sixth round pick? Harrison Mevis (Mizzou's kicker). I mean, come on, game winning 61 yard field goal against K-State isn't enough for people to want this kid? I don't care that he looks like an obese Pillsbury Doughboy; he just makes kick after kick after kick. Ask Georgia how good this kid is; he nearly beat them on his own last year. He's as dominant a kicker as I've seen at Mizzou, and there's been a ton of them.

The four comp picks will be used for inside linebacker, safety, and two defensive linemen, I don't particularly care whom. And there will probably be trades and such and UDFAs that will likely make the team. Still, that's what I'd do this trade deadline and offseason.
My point is Jalen Carter is a player any team should have and would have drafted regardless of need and Newton isn't in the same ball park in any way shape or form. You take him later in the 1st round there was talk of Carter being the first defensive player drafted and Newton will not approach that status. They're different animals so the comparison isn't valid imo.

Also it's way to early for a mock we trade a half dozen starters and end up with 20 picks :p

Memento

Name
Jemma
My point is Jalen Carter is a player any team should have and would have drafted. Also it's way to early for a mock we trade a half dozen starters and end up with 20 picks :p

And yet the Eagles didn't have to draft him. They chose to draft him because he was the BPA on the board, even though they didn't technically need another defensive lineman. I genuinely feel the same about Jer'Zahn Newton. I think we're going to end up about that range, the QBs, LTs, and WRs are going to be going off, so why not pick a dominant young defensive tackle to eventually replace AD? We know AD's gone in 2025. He's already contemplated retirement. Why not draft a stud replacement?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet the Eagles didn't have to draft him. They chose to draft him because he was the BPA on the board, even though they didn't technically need another defensive lineman. I genuinely feel the same about Jer'Zahn Newton. I think we're going to end up about that range, the QBs, LTs, and WRs are going to be going off, so why not pick a dominant young defensive tackle to eventually replace AD? We know AD's gone in 2025. He's already contemplated retirement. Why not draft a stud replacement?
He was BPA for just about every team in the NFL that wasn't taking a QB in the first few picks. How many teams you think will have Newton there in the top 5 or 10 picks?

Go ahead and check and come back with a big ole 0 as your answer.

Memento

Name
Jemma
My point is Jalen Carter is a player any team should have and would have drafted regardless of need and Newton isn't in the same ball park in any way shape or form. You take him later in the 1st round there was talk of Carter being the first defensive player drafted and Newton will not approach that status. They're different animals so the comparison isn't valid imo.

Also it's way to early for a mock we trade a half dozen starters and end up with 20 picks :p

Also, if you looked at it instead of just assuming it's a typical Memento offseason, you would see that the only starters I dealt were AD and Havenstein. I've signed a fair few high-priced free agents, I've made picks relative to the range without dealing said picks.
He was BPA for just about every team in the NFL that wasn't taking a QB in the first few picks. How many teams you think will have Newton there in the top 5 or 10 picks?

Go ahead and check and come back with a big ole 0 as your answer.

How many teams had AD in their top 5/10 picks (including us; yeah, we drafted Greg fucking Robinson over AD)? I'll wait.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many teams had AD in their top 5/10 picks (including us; yeah, we drafted Greg fucking Robinson over AD)? I'll wait.
AD was drafted at 13 which is the high estimate of Newton. What was the thoughts on Carter? Again you are trying to put Newton on equal footing with Carter. It's not happening. Quit trying to equate Newton with the best player on the front 7 in his draft. I'm not trying to talk shit about Newton he's a darn good player. Carter is on a whole other level as a prospect.

Also that was a joke on the trades/mock you know me by now to joke with you on that stuff.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

And I look at it this way: we need a kicker (Maher ain't it.), two edge rushers (free agency), a decent - not necessarily dominant, but decent - inside linebacker, a potentially better running back than K-Will, a young safety to replace Fuller and JJ3 (unless we re-sign JJ3 to a minor extension), backup corners (because Witherspoon is a UFA and you can never have enough corners, as was proven in 2011), O-line (for obvious reasons, although re-signing A-Jax to a minor boost would help), and D-line (because Donald, BB3, EB4,, Murchison, and J-Will or some combination of them are all gone in 2025 - Donald to retirement, most likely, or an excursion with the Steelers, which is his hometown team, and I wouldn't be able to judge him if he does, given all he's done for us - and the rest as UFAs.)

And with the third-round picks, I'd go for an edge rusher in Chris Braswell (Alabama) an offensive guard/tackle in Cooper Beebe (Kansas State), and a cornerback who would fit the STAR position (leaving Cobie Durant on the outside where he clearly belongs) like a glove Kris Abrams-Draine (Mizzou). KAD has been playing in a similar position at Mizzou that Cobie Durant has with us (STAR), and thus far, he has two picks, racked up a bunch of tackles, and has been quite physical. I'd select him with our second third round pick and upgrade two positions at once (moving Durant to outside, where he's excelled). Beebe is as dominant a guard in college as Avila was, but he doesn't have the athleticism that the others do, and he'll be strictly a guard at the next level, so he falls to our first third round pick. Braswell was an unknown before this year as a true senior, but his sheer athleticism is off the charts, and has 3.5 sacks, a forced fumble, and an interception already. Third of the third-round picks, I'll go with his potential.

Donald will retire as a Ram, so forget that trade.
I like your idea of trying Hampton at ILB, so far he's been a disappointment outside.
Foster won't last to the mid/late 4'th round where we'll be drafting, not imo.
One elite Edge Rusher should be enough during free agency, coupled with Byron Young on the other side, we'll be good to go. We still haven't seen Mathis, and both Keir Thomas & Hoecht also offer potential as rotational/back-ups.
jmo.

Memento

Name
Jemma
AD was drafted at 13 which is the high estimate of Newton. What was the thoughts on Carter? Again you are trying to put Newton on equal footing with Carter. It's not happening. Quit trying to equate Newton with the best player on the front 7 in his draft. I'm not trying to talk shit about Newton he's a darn good player. Carter is on a whole other level as a prospect.

Also that was a joke on the trades/mock you know me by now to joke with you on that stuff.

I'm NOT trying to say that Newton is equivalent to Carter. What I am trying to clearly say is that the same reasons why we drafted AD when we had Brockers and Langford is the same reason why the Eagles - who clearly didn't NEED to pick a defensive lineman with a recent top fifteen pick at defensive tackle last year in Jordan Davis and a borderline HOFer in Fletcher Cox along with a host of pretty damn good defensive linemen - picked Jalen Carter, and is thus the same reason why I want to select Jer'Zahn Newton, who is clearly, in my opinion, the best defensive tackle in this class and the closest comparison I've seen to Aaron Donald since Aaron Donald.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude OldSchool, I've dealt with a fair bit of shit today, and I apologize if I'm coming off as rude, but I am not comparing Newton to Carter. I am merely stating that the same reasons why the Eagles took Carter (being BPA defensive player on the board), the same reasons why we took AD (best defensive player on the board), is why we should take Newton, who will be the best defensive player on the board when we pick.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Donald will retire as a Ram, so forget that trade.
I like your idea of trying Hampton at ILB, so far he's been a disappointment outside.
Foster won't last to the mid/late 4'th round where we'll be drafting, not imo.
One elite Edge Rusher should be enough during free agency, coupled with Byron Young on the other side, we'll be good to go. We still haven't seen Mathis, and both Keir Thomas & Hoecht also offer potential as rotational/back-ups.
jmo.

We'll see about Donald retiring as a Ram. There have been a lot of rumors that link him to Pittsburgh, if not outright retirement.

Foster struggles with pass-protection. I think we'll be drafting around the middle of the draft, 13-16 (I don't think we're a playoff team, even when Kupp comes back. The offensive line - Avila and Havenstein aside - is incredibly concerning, especially in regards to Stafford's health (I know he's a badass, but he's in his mid-thirties, and obviously has his limits.), and aside from AD, Byron Young, and Kobie Turner, we have not been getting pressure. Now, BB3 and Desjuan Johnson have been impressive last game, but it was against an injured Colts offensive line (two of their starters were out).

Even if we do sign an elite edge rusher (which I hope we do), I would love to have backups better than Kier, Hoecht, and Mathis. Hence why I want to sign YGM to a one-year "prove it" contract, and why I'm drafting a raw edge with upside in Braswell.