A look towards the 2024 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Athletic put out a updated mock draft after the SB last night and I can't help but like it alot:

19. Los Angeles Rams: Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo​

One of the best stories in the draft, Mitchell picked Toledo out of high school from a tiny town in Florida, then told most of the SEC “no thanks” so he could finish his career with the Rockets. An under-control press corner who understands how to use his length (17 forced incompletions, 14 PBUs last year), Mitchell has been clocked above 23 miles per hour on the GPS and could flirt with a 4.3 40 at the combine. He was the best defensive player at the Senior Bowl.

52. Los Angeles Rams: Chris Braswell, Edge, Alabama

This would shore up our 2 biggest need and may net us the best CB in the draft.
Huge fan of Quinyon Mitchell here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Athletic put out a updated mock draft after the SB last night and I can't help but like it alot:

19. Los Angeles Rams: Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo​

One of the best stories in the draft, Mitchell picked Toledo out of high school from a tiny town in Florida, then told most of the SEC “no thanks” so he could finish his career with the Rockets. An under-control press corner who understands how to use his length (17 forced incompletions, 14 PBUs last year), Mitchell has been clocked above 23 miles per hour on the GPS and could flirt with a 4.3 40 at the combine. He was the best defensive player at the Senior Bowl.

52. Los Angeles Rams: Chris Braswell, Edge, Alabama

This would shore up our 2 biggest need and may net us the best CB in the draft.
I might change his 3rd round selections but love the first 2 rounds for sure.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I might change his 3rd round selections but love the first 2 rounds for sure.
Yeah, thats kind of why I didn't include that one :laugh1:

Sub Sedrick Van Pran or Rice for his mocked Theo Johnson and we are sitting on gold.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, thats kind of why I didn't include that one :laugh1:

Sub Sedrick Van Pran or Rice for his mocked Theo Johnson and we are sitting on gold.
Van Pran there 100% and I think the comp pick was good there right? The ilb from Ohio st

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Van Pran there 100% and I think the comp pick was good there right? The ilb from Ohio st
Oh yeah, I forgot to scroll further for our comp pick. They have us taking Tommy Eichenberg, whom I don't know a ton about. Just a glance, he was not very productive last season. Seeing a few draft reports and I'm not terribly impressed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh yeah, I forgot to scroll further for our comp pick. They have us taking Tommy Eichenberg, whom I don't know a ton about. Just a glance, he was not very productive last season. Seeing a few draft reports and I'm not terribly impressed.
I think there are better ILB prospect there like Liufau from ND, Trotter from Clemson and Colson from Michigan. They've all been mocked around that pick or we can get the backup QB in Rattler though he has him going a round earlier. Heck I'd like Braelon Allen he could drop that couple extra picks to us :D

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really on my radar; until he learns how to throw (he mostly did designed QB runs or read option to Sinnott), he’s not a draftable quarterback, in my honest opinion.
i've read (locally) about how the buckeyes are going to strengthen the running game as a way to avoid 4 in a row to michigan. chip kelley isn't there as eye candy. ryan day has never been able to win the big one (national title, michigan, big ten titles as of late. 1 more failure and i bet chip takes over. nice high profile hiring candy for recruiters as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
i've read (locally) about how the buckeyes are going to strengthen the running game as a way to avoid 4 in a row to michigan. chip kelley isn't there as eye candy. ryan day has never been able to win the big one (national title, michigan, big ten titles as of late. 1 more failure and i bet chip takes over. nice high profile hiring candy for recruiters as well.

Well, with Tre'Veyon Henderson and Quinshon Judkins, they're certainly doing that. That's as solid a one/two punch as you'll find in college football. I just don't think their quarterback is draftable, and he's certainly not going to get a chance to show out with those two in the backfield and only Egbuka to really throw to.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, with Tre'Veyon Henderson and Quinshon Judkins, they're certainly doing that. That's as solid a one/two punch as you'll find in college football. I just don't think their quarterback is draftable, and he's certainly not going to get a chance to show out with those two in the backfield and only Egbuka to really throw to.
henderson can't stay healthy, which is sad, because he's loaded with talent. a little amazing that the past 5 big 10 champs all led the conference in rushing (ohio st / mich) with all the attention on QB's and WR's in the draft being at such a high level vs that of RB's. the hiring of chip kelley is interesting as well. ryan day is giving up play calling (obviously as why would one hire a chip kelley?) and concentrating more on learning how to use the transfer portal and NIL's to the buckeyes advantage. while that's true, i still believe ryan day better beat michigan and win the big 10 (minimum) to keep Chip from displacing him after this season. the elephant in the room is becoming oversized.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
henderson can't stay healthy, which is sad, because he's loaded with talent. a little amazing that the past 5 big 10 champs all led the conference in rushing (ohio st / mich) with all the attention on QB's and WR's in the draft being at such a high level vs that of RB's. the hiring of chip kelley is interesting as well. ryan day is giving up play calling (obviously as why would one hire a chip kelley?) and concentrating more on learning how to use the transfer portal and NIL's to the buckeyes advantage. while that's true, i still believe ryan day better beat michigan and win the big 10 (minimum) to keep Chip from displacing him after this season. the elephant in the room is becoming oversized.
I think Vrabel will be there next year in Ohio St.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what's with the chip kelley hire then ?? how long will he be in cowtown?
Who knows. He was interviewing for pro OC jobs thinking he was going to get fired. I'd wager he's just an OC.

muggmeister

Rookie
?
Vea's a 350 defensive tackle... Sweat's an edge? What am I missing?
Sweat is a 365lb NT, occupies double tems consistently. He IS a Vita Vea clone. Would definitely take him in the 2nd round. Him and Turner would make our d-line badass for years.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sweat is a 365lb NT, occupies double tems consistently. He IS a Vita Vea clone. Would definitely take him in the 2nd round. Him and Turner would make our d-line badass for years.
Nah, I don't see him as a Vea clone. Vea can actually rush the passer, and is - without any argument - one of the best run-stopping tackles in the NFL. Sweat is a big body, but his weight and conditioning worries me a lot, and he's not much of a pass-rusher either. Even Vita Vea isn't as big as Sweat is (and yes, Sweat has had weight and conditioning issues in the past, unlike Vea who actually shed a few pounds), and honestly, I wouldn't spend a second-round pick on a nose tackle when we already have Kobie Turner and Bobby Brown III.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sweat is not a full time player. I'm not taking any player in the 2nd that will only contribute 40-50% of the downs. That said, I do like him, just not that early. Now his counter part, Byron Murphy, is a different story.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yes, trade up for all the QB's. What a dream it would be if McCarthy, Nix, and Penix somehow got picked before 19 with all the teams panic trading up. Hell, if these guys can go top 19, that group of 3 this year certainly can: Boller, Cade McNown, Dan McGwire, Gabbert, Trubisky, Locker, Rosen, ect ect.
Hopefully one is still on the board at #19 and a couple of teams have a lot of interest.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

What do you know? McCarthy is up there with the QB I like the most so far in this draft.

McCarthy going to be pretty good.
If only QB in today's NFL was about throwing to the sticks. That's a hard living for an offense.