A look towards the 2024 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man I know there are people that don't like Thomas for their own reasons and I know people will riot with a WR pick but Thomas Jr would transform our passing game.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
This is going to be really difficult for NFL officials to consistently call next season.
The whole point is to make decisions less black-and-white.

This means that subjectivity enters the equation and the preferred outcome can be justified.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s borderline. DK doesn’t anchor his body into the ground and is moving forward with the runner. This is going to be really difficult for NFL officials to consistently call next season.

I wish they’d enforce targeting at the knees instead. Much easier to see and call.
That play was used on a video I watched by an ex NFL official as what they're targeting with this rule.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Honestly to me he’s the gem of the class, I just think we’ll not have a chance at him compared to where I think we’ll be and the area he’ll be drafted. Is it worth it to give up 2 firsts and a third or whatever for a LT? IDK but to have a solid LT for 10-15 years it just might be.

IDK if the others are near him at this point, going to be fun watching this season and seeing how things play out.
You don’t need Alt, or a pro bowler at LT, to win a SB. Eyes on the prize. If he fell within range, great, but he’s going early and fixating on one player over the whole process is nearly always a disaster

Thanks for the list which shows why we would be better remaining patient and taking one later, preferably having trading down at spots to gain more picks and at least an additional 4th rounder

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Here are the 10 offensive tackle prospects to know as we head into summer scouting for the 2024 class.
It must be borne in mind that those scouting reports are a year old, and were written before the 2023 college season started.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Man I know there are people that don't like Thomas for their own reasons and I know people will riot with a WR pick but Thomas Jr would transform our passing game.
I'm afraid McVay may agree with you. Thomas is the best deep threat in the class, but lacks any other polish to his game IMO. But McVay has been chasing his deep threat for year (even though I think Atwell is a hell of a deep threat, they just refuse to use him much).
That play was used on a video I watched by an ex NFL official as what they're targeting with this rule.
Ridiculous to call a flag on that, he tried to avoid landing on his legs as best he could. Regardless, you take a penalty in that situation every day of the week. The alternative is far worse.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Watching an ESPN show on the draft.

I have to say a BIG FUCKING NO to Sweat. He reminds me of Jason Smith IIRR. Starts out small and adds a bunch of weight to get to his draftable position. Add to it a REAL RAPID weight gain and VERY questionable lifestyle. Not only no but fuck no.

Interesting though... Bo Nix struck me as a McVay kinda guy. Just sayin'. Don't be surprised if he grabs him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching an ESPN show on the draft.

I have to say a BIG FUCKING NO to Sweat. He reminds me of Jason Smith IIRR. Starts out small and adds a bunch of weight to get to his draftable position. Add to it a REAL RAPID weight gain and VERY questionable lifestyle. Not only no but fuck no.

Interesting though... Bo Nix struck me as a McVay kinda guy. Just sayin'. Don't be surprised if he grab him.
Problem with Nix is once you get to passes beyond 10 yards his accuracy goes straight to shit. That makes him very much not a McVay type of QB IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Problem with Nix is once you get to passes beyond 10 yards his accuracy goes straight to shit. That makes him very much not a McVay type of QB IMO.
I watch a fair amount of Oregon football and I guess I don't see what you're saying. He has at times had a tendency to over throw some passes but his accuracy has been pretty good since transferring to the ducks. I'd say 75% completion rate is pretty good and I've seen him throw some 40 yard dimes. He's also a tough SOB and can throw well on the run. He's also a smart dude that is a real football player.

I guess we'll see how he does in the NFL because someone is going to grab him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watch a fair amount of Oregon football and I guess I don't see what you're saying. He has at times had a tendency to over throw some passes but his accuracy has been pretty good since transferring to the ducks. I'd say 75% completion rate is pretty good and I've seen him throw some 40 yard dimes. He's also a tough SOB and can throw well on the run. He's also a smart dude that is a real football player.

I guess we'll see how he does in the NFL because someone is going to grab him.
He reminds me very much of Mac Jones. Average depth of target was 6.8 yards last season the lowest of all the QB's in the draft. . With 100 passes on screens and another 100 as RPO at or behind the line of scrimmage he's got a 6.5 air yards per attempt. The lowest by over a yard of all QB's in the draft, not just drafted but draft eligible, since 2020's draft. He's an incredibly athletic QB and we know how accurate he is with the short passes. But I've seen a lot of clips of him passing up deeper passes for the 10-15 yard passes. Not sure if that's what he's coached to do or that's something else. I think he'll be an ok pro but I don't know that he'll be anything special unless he's hiding a deeper passing game to his arsenal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He reminds me very much of Mac Jones. Average depth of target was 6.8 yards last season the lowest of all the QB's in the draft. . With 100 passes on screens and another 100 as RPO at or behind the line of scrimmage he's got a 6.5 air yards per attempt. The lowest by over a yard of all QB's in the draft, not just drafted but draft eligible, since 2020's draft. He's an incredibly athletic QB and we know how accurate he is with the short passes. But I've seen a lot of clips of him passing up deeper passes for the 10-15 yard passes. Not sure if that's what he's coached to do or that's something else. I think he'll be an ok pro but I don't know that he'll be anything special unless he's hiding a deeper passing game to his arsenal.
I think that is more the Oregon offense than anything else. They run a lot of behind the line stuff, screens, and rely on YAC. I think he threw the most passes behind the LOS of any Div 1 FBS team. He has a pretty good mid to deep pass from what I've seen.

I don't really see him as potentially elite as a pure passer but he is a baller and can do a lot of other things very well. He's also a little shorter than I'd like. But the guy is a play maker.