8 NFL QB's at career crossroads

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Gronk, the murder and Welker. Please Max, this endless talk like Brady never had receivers is silly.

Here's my question, what did Brady do with SAMs old weapons? Amendola? Fells? HooHoo? Mulligan? Lloyd?

He hardly threw to them, that's what.

Lots of money and draft capital has been spent on O and you cannot deny that.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
in the 5 seasons prior to signing Moss, Brady averaged 3,740 yards per season and 26 td's. I'd kill for those numbers for Sam

Back to the OP, what's so bad with this article? A career crossroads sounds better than "make or break" year.
Because that's what it is. When he has a monster year, his contract will be extended. If things dont work out, he wont be back.

Well you better identify a target, b/c in the years where Sam Bradford played all 16 games...his numbers were:

3512 yards, 18 TDs.

3702 yards, 21 TDs.

Sam is fully capable of putting up numbers. It's high time the rest of the team pulls its weight. Good thing is they are getting there, if not already.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you better identify a target, b/c in the years where Sam Bradford played all 16 games...his numbers were:

3512 yards, 18 TDs.

3702 yards, 21 TDs.

Sam is fully capable of putting up numbers. It's high time the rest of the team pulls its weight. Good thing is they are getting there, if not already.
So basically, Sams 2 year average of his best years equate to 3,607 yards and 20 td, and that somehow is comforting in comparison to Brady's "worst" season average of 3740 and 26 td ?

I'm behind Sam 100% this season and have no doubt he has the tools he needs to be succesful, just done with all the excuses for past performance or lack thereof

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So basically, Sams 2 year average of his best years equate to 3,607 yards and 20 td, and that somehow is comforting in comparison to Brady's "worst" season average of 3740 and 26 td ?

I'm behind Sam 100% this season and have no doubt he has the tools he needs to be succesful, just done with all the excuses for past performance or lack thereof

That was a perfectly fair and accurate post and sums up how a lot of us feel. Before he got hurt he was putting up numbers that were an upgrade from his past and I think that means we will see that next year. If not, well let the games begin I guess.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Well whereas I don't agree all the reasons he performed at lesser levels than a Brady can be termed excuses,I think if he and his team stay healthy and he doesn't perform there will be excuses needed to excuse it.
To say NOW that nothing from here on out could happen to derail his season that was without his control and he should be judged harshly no matter what that is would IMO be n excuse to criticize in advance, it think he's been given all he needs to succeed and if it isn't all taken away over the season I'll judge him accordingly

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
My view of the WR talent issue and Sam = If two or three of the WRs start playing better along with Sam then suddenly that would negate any argument that the Rams have not infused top WR talent into the roster.

Gronk, iMurder and Welker were unknowns until they became stars. Welker was undrafted. We could have 3 to 4 of our WRs line it all up in one season and suddenly the Rams would be considered the deepest talent at WR.

These debates over Sam and the WRs need to be postponed to next year. That's when they will have real footing if the WRs and Sam do not perform.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Wouldn't that actually be OUT before the lock?

These debates over Sam and the WRs need to be postponed to next year. That's when they will have real footing if the WRs and Sam do not perform.
Pragmatically they do NOW since even if the concerns are correct, what can be done about it now that the draft is over and done?

But there should be nothing wrong with being very concerned about a Rams unit. A lot of us are concerned about the secondary even with the help they got, and that doesn't get the reaction concern about the WRs does.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah @Prime Time is trying to duck this one. But the all seeing Bradford Police sees all and doesn't miss I trick. On our scorecard, this one counts :)

ok0lqv.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

you do realise he was on pace to throw 32 tds last season before he got injured?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Huh? First you said you'd kill for those types of numbers, and in the 2 years Sam played full seasons they are very much comparable to Tom Brady's average.

I don't see how about a 150 yards is much of a difference. Yes, 6 more TDs would be more desirable. I'll give you that. Probably a myriad of reasons why he hasn't acheived that yet.

What excuses? That his players around him weren't good enough? Is that why the FO has constantly cut and replaced guys all while being adamant Sam Bradford is the starting QB and not drafting Robert Griffin III or Johnny Manziel or whoever until Garrett freakin Gilbert?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Huh? First you said you'd kill for those types of numbers, and in the 2 years Sam played full seasons they are very much comparable to Tom Brady's average.

I don't see how about a 150 yards is much of a difference. Yes, 6 more TDs would be more desirable. I'll give you that. Probably a myriad of reasons why he hasn't acheived that yet.

What excuses? That his players around him weren't good enough? Is that why the FO has constantly cut and replaced guys all while being adamant Sam Bradford is the starting QB and not drafting Robert Griffin III or Johnny Manziel or whoever until Garrett freakin Gilbert?

I thought his name was Gilbert Grape. :whistle:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you do realise he was on pace to throw 32 tds last season before he got injured?

I'm not a fan of the "on pace" stuff. Because they were also "on pace" to have 0 rushing Td last year while Sam was playing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah the 6 more Td passes make the numbers non comparable.

And why so hung up on the term excuse? What term would your prefer? Reasons? I think he had legitimate excuses for not living up to expectations.

Relax, take a breath. I'm on the same side here. Whatever "reasons" his performance was held back is behind us and he should be free to show what he's made of this year.

Better??

laramsoriginal

Starter

Lol. Stop the on pace talk. He didn't accomplish those numbers because he was injured.

Like I stated earlier, remaining healthy is also a prerequisite for being a top QB. Year 5, time to produce. No more "potential" talk or on pace hypotheticals please

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan of the "on pace" stuff. Because they were also "on pace" to have 0 rushing Td last year while Sam was playing.

Yeah, because we had zero rushing game for the beginning of the season. Someone had to make up for that lack of production.