8 NFL QB's at career crossroads

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I'm saying their flat out refusal to infuse the wr ranks with top talent FOR FIVE YEARS NOW is a dagger for any pocket passer.

LOL I just laugh at fate. Just what would be the career paths today of Dalton and Bradford had they been drafted by each other's current team?

I'd venture to say Sam would already be tripped for $18+ mil/ year and Dalton would be on a Ponder/Gabbery-type decent.

Ah fate, you SOB....

How many years did the Pats go without infusing top talent at the WR position? And how did Brady do with that "dagger" stuck in him?

RFIP

How many years did the Pats go without infusing top talent at the WR position? And how did Brady do with that "dagger" stuck in him?

Gronk, the murder and Welker. Please Max, this endless talk like Brady never had receivers is silly.

Here's my question, what did Brady do with SAMs old weapons? Amendola? Fells? HooHoo? Mulligan? Lloyd?

He hardly threw to them, that's what.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Somebody just made my ignore list ,sick of the poor Sam meme

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Gronk, the murder and Welker. Please Max, this endless talk like Brady never had receivers is silly.

Here's my question, what did Brady do with SAMs old weapons? Amendola? Fells? HooHoo? Mulligan? Lloyd?

He hardly threw to them, that's what.

Brady started in 2001. Remember that?

Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker and even Randy Moss weren't on the Pats in Brady's first 5 years, yet he won 3 SBs without them.

Brady won SBs with guys like Troy Brown and Dion Branch. Those were his big time WRs.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Until 2007, with Wes Welker and Randy Moss in which Tom Brady threw record 50 TDs. Prior to that they had a top D and he didn't have to do as much as he does now.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Until 2007, with Wes Welker and Randy Moss in which Tom Brady threw record 50 TDs. Prior to that they had a top D and he didn't have to do as much as he does now.

EXACTLY my point! Brady had a top D and didn't have to do as much. Yet he STILL did enough to win. And he didn't even have a great RB. He had a top notch OL that played together well. Heck, he's always had that.

So if Bradford has a top D this year and the OL plays well, there should be no excuses regardless of not having top talent at WR.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about the WRs either. They are a concern to a degree. They have to at least be competent and catch the damn ball as well as Brady's WRs did back in 2001-2004.

But I'm not going to support the premise that without top tier WRs, Bradford fate is sealed in StL. That's just way over the top.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
EXACTLY my point! Brady had a top D and didn't have to do as much. Yet he STILL did enough to win. And he didn't even have a great RB. He had a top notch OL that played together well. Heck, he's always had that.

So if Bradford has a top D this year and the OL plays well, there should be no excuses regardless of not having top talent at WR.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about the WRs either. They are a concern to a degree. They have to at least be competent and catch the damn ball as well as Brady's WRs did back in 2001-2004.

But I'm not going to support the premise that without top tier WRs, Bradford fate is sealed in StL. That's just way over the top.
Or wish he was on another team?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Or wish he was on another team?

If you're a Rams fan, why would you ever wish he was on another team unless you thought he wasn't any good?

The only logical reason I can think of is because you want to cover your ass if Bradford craps out this year. Then you can blame the Rams for damaging him beyond repair when he gets booted out of StL.

A dilussional explanation is somehow thinking that even with a top D and a solid OL and running game it won't be Bradford's fault if he plays poorly this year just because he doesn't have Sammy Watkins at WR.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
If you're a Rams fan, why would you ever wish he was on another team unless you thought he wasn't any good?

The only logical reason I can think of is because you want to cover your ass if Bradford craps out this year. Then you can blame the Rams for damaging him beyond repair when he gets booted out of StL.

A dilussional explanation is somehow thinking that even with a top D and a solid OL and running game it won't be Bradford's fault if he plays poorly this year just because he doesn't have Sammy Watkins at WR.
Yup that poor Sam meme is JUST as tired as the Sam sucks one and is PD worthy.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
"The Rams resisted taking Johnny Manziel in the 2014 Draft"

In just that same way, I "resisted" licking the yummy electrical outlets.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
"The Rams resisted taking Johnny Manziel in the 2014 Draft"

In just that same way, I "resisted" licking the yummy electrical outlets.

Yup. It was obvious to me and anyone who understood the Rams draft process that Fisher calls the shots and he wasn't going to take Manziel.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in the 5 seasons prior to signing Moss, Brady averaged 3,740 yards per season and 26 td's. I'd kill for those numbers for Sam

Back to the OP, what's so bad with this article? A career crossroads sounds better than "make or break" year.
Because that's what it is. When he has a monster year, his contract will be extended. If things dont work out, he wont be back.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sheesh, got my first "inappropriate" in this thread...pretty sure I know who from. Do "likes" on the same post cancel out the "inappropriates"?? If not, they should......

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The " in this offense he won't be throwing the ball much.." Thing is wearing thin.

EVERY GOOD OFFENSE HAS TO BE ABLE TO THROW THE BALL IN THE FINAL MINUTES OF HALFS AND GAMES. (Not yelling at you just stating facts)

And I do not believe in any way shape or form are our wrs up to getting up, winning, and holding on to balls in these situations.

"Bradford’s late-game heroics weren’t limited to sneak-attack runs either. Starting from that late drive in the third quarter, Bradford went 11-of-13 for 121 yards and a touchdown for a rating of 131.1 to close out the game and the Cardinals."

Someone was catching those balls.

Bradford 4th Q comebacks and wins
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BradSa00

There are plenty of weapons on this team to be a good team and to give Bradford legitimate targets.

Memphis Ram

Legend
"Bradford’s late-game heroics weren’t limited to sneak-attack runs either. Starting from that late drive in the third quarter, Bradford went 11-of-13 for 121 yards and a touchdown for a rating of 131.1 to close out the game and the Cardinals."

Someone was catching those balls.

Bradford 4th Q comebacks and wins
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BradSa00

There are plenty of weapons on this team to be a good team and to give Bradford legitimate targets.

Trying to recall, but weren't there also a coupe more possibilities that were thwarted by missed FGs?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sheesh, got my first "inappropriate" in this thread...pretty sure I know who from. Do "likes" on the same post cancel out the "inappropriates"?? If not, they should......
Yes.