49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
We can win with Goff for sure. But unfortunately there needs to be a great team around him. Not sure that is possible with the cap space he is taking up.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Reasons why today sucked:

1) our excellent D couldn't tackle, especially in the first half. First guy going high or for the strip? When the fuck did we forget basic HS football?

2) Our D respected the pass too much in the first half. That made NO sense.

3) Ramsey wasn't on Deebo Samuel? WHY??????

4) McVay relying on making short 3rd downs as our only offensive strategy is dumb. It's eating your checkers level dumb.

5) Does Goff have a bet with someone that he can go an entire season without throwing a single ball away?

6) Does our OL simply forget how to push other guys around for long periods of time? Cuz they sure fail to when it's needed.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
In the NFL however that's not goign to happen. no team can run the ball every game.. and your QB is goign to get pressure sometimes - no matter who it is.

Sometimes the QB has to deliver when things are breaking down. I'm not saying Goff can't but like today it was avoidable. The 1st INT he threw was a bad read and a bad pass... the 2nd turnover was a bad decision to try and lean forward with the ball. The pick 6 he got hit so that one was the least his fault.
See La Rams 2018.

JRobinson

MiLB
Man... Goff didn’t play well, they were more physical up front vs our OL, and they just match up well against us; period.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I used to think Goff (though clearly not elite) was serviceable and could win a Super Bowl. Even Dilfer won.

Not anymore. This "funk" is now the norm. The good games, where he looks serviceable are now the anomalies.

I'd seriously take any other NFL QB (maybe even the poor guy the Broncos put out there). OK, that's a stretch. But ANY OTHER LEGIT QB can learn this offense and make it better than it is with Goff in there.

FACT.

You're just angry.
FACT.

Ellard80

Legend
I saw a few moments in-between, where we prematurely called a TO in their favor and allotted them the time to make those plays that allowed them to take the game and win it. I am sorry but that is what I saw...

They would have had the time regardless.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll throw in a dash of optimism. Goff is going to have a strong final 5 regular season games.
I’m going to hold you to that because right now I’m slowly sipping my single malt trying to forget about life for a while.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I'll throw in a dash of optimism. Goff is going to have a strong final 5 regular season games.

I'll raise that dash of optimism and say that this may be our last loss for the year.

FlashyEachAngora-max-14mb.gif

Rams77

Starter
Disagree.
That trophy still goes ro our young Oline.
Its better than last year, but still not good enough.
C’mon its blatantly obvious Goff had plenty of time to find an open receiver
or throw the ball away on his 4 INTS and 3 fumbles in the past 6 days. If we
keep turning a blind eye its never going to make it better-in that case we should have just signed Ryan Fitzpatrick for 1/4th of Goffs salary. He also makes WOW plays and shitty plays on a 1:1 basis

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
I'm listening to the Rams post-game show on 710 on the radio as I type this. I agree with Travis Rogers that Goff was terrible today but usually after a bad game he follows it up with a good game. So I believe he'll have a great game against the Cardinals next Sunday. And of course we have the defense to stop K. Murray. In the meantime, I'll look forward to seeing Carson Wentz playing the best game of his career and beating the Seattle Seahawks. BTW--I really think that Shanahan believes that Goff is a lousy quarterback and convinces his team of it. I hope Goff remembers these two games next season. But we'll make the playoffs and play well the rest of the way. So I'm sticking with Jared Goff. I never knock my QB. Go Rams!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well yeah.. if GOFF plays like he did in the 1st 8 games in 2018... then... of course we can win.

But that hasn't been the case. I'm not without hope - but it is what it is.
Our oline was very good that year.
That's the huge difference between 2018 offense and 2019-2020 offense.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
ugh this one stung...a back up just beat up. The last place team in the west just beat us...sigh...my emotions...my emotions

MachS

Hall of Fame
our excellent D couldn't tackle, especially in the first half. First guy going high or for the strip? When the fuck did we forget basic HS football?

Yea I was upset with our tackling today, always seems to be an issue when we play these guys. But overall the d made big plays late that gave us a shot to win. We still have trouble stopping their run game tho.

Ellard80

Legend
Our oline was very good that year.
That's the huge difference between 2018 offense and 2019-2020 offense.

Coming into this game goff was in the bottom 3rd of getting sacked. We also had the 9th best rushing team in the nfl coming in.

Was the offensive line better in 2018? maybe huge difference? nah.... I bet goff got sacked more in 2018 than this year in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.