49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
Let's say we didn't call timeout - what would they have done? Whether they used a timeout or let the clock run, either scenario would have led to them running less plays. Probably two less.

They went from our 37 to our 29 in their last two plays - a FG they probably miss to a chip shot for Gould

They would have called timeouts. It really didn't change anything.

They wanted the clock to run out more. they still could stop it with under 30 secs left.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
h0f6pas019sz.png

Ellard80

Legend
Now your comparing a healthy Gurley to the 3 rbs we have now?

Look. You have your mind made up, which is fine. I just don't agree.

lol... first you said i called our offensive line top 3 and now you said im calling our RB's Gurley.

Which I never did. and yeah thats fine your mind is made up also.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The commentators talked about what Shanahan said how to beat the Rams. He said you cannot allow them to run, you have to make them one dimensional...no problem, glad to oblige you Kyle, we don’t really like running anyway. Making it extremely tough on Goff to have no PA game.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The difference between the explosiveness in their players legs and the Rams was obvious.

We looked like a team coming off two huge wins against teams we had to beat and now playing on a short week against a team that was fresh and well coached.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everyone jokes or half-hearted say get rid of Goff.

Did you guys see this game and the Miami game?

Goff needs to go...seriously!

I did. I also saw the Buffalo game where he almost singlehandedly brought us back from a massive deficit. Goff isn't consistent. When he sucks, he really sucks. But there are much worse QBs out there, and we don't have a better option.

Ellard80

Legend
It was actually 3rd. From the eye test, the way those guys could move the pocket and blow people off the line in the ground game; I'd say our 2018 line was better.

Problem is it's not 2018. Goff has to play behind the line that's here and now. And his issues with ball security and decision making started in 2018 behind that line anyway. He had eleven turnovers in the last five games of that year.

yeah I agree with you... i was talking about the rushing offense though in 2018... not the total offense.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I personally don't think time was going to be a factor although no way to know for sure. I still think it was dreadful use of the time outs. Play them and save max time or don't play them and see what happens McV is losing his edge.
I am just trying to look at the other small things that aren't noticed. Trust me, I am not all about bashing Goff, I like to be fair, I like to point out the other factors on why we lost. If you can't accept the fact that we may have lost to time management then the only other reason is that Goff lost it for us because of his inability to score on O when our D has been saving his rear end all season. Choose your poison.. There is no denying its right in front of you on your TV set. It is facts, like they say the truth hurts.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff not so secretly wants to be a 49er. Well, he won them two games this year. He should be proud.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The difference between the explosiveness in their players legs and the Rams was obvious.

We looked like a team coming off two huge wins against teams we had to beat and now playing on a short week against a team that was fresh and well coached.

Was a factor, no doubt.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
lol... first you said i called our offensive line top 3 and now you said im calling our RB's Gurley.

Which I never did. and yeah thats fine your mind is made up also.
Read your own post.
You were boasting about the oline with Goff being in the bottom 3 being sacked.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Felt a little bit like the Superbowl in as much to say the defence keeps us in the game but the offense can't capitalise.

Ellard80

Legend
I am just trying to look at the other small things that aren't noticed. Trust me, I am not all about bashing Goff, I like to be fair, I like to point out the other factors on why we lost. If you can't accept the fact that we may have lost to time management then the only other reason is that Goff lost it for us because of his inability to score on O when our D has been saving his rear end all season. Choose your poison.. There is no denying its right in front of you on your TV set. It is facts, like they say the truth hurts.

But you aren't looking at anything else that was unoticed... a few people out of 50 want to act like it mattered, but it didnt,

The 49ners were running plays that took only a few seconds - they didn't care how low the clock ran - the still had all their timeouts.

McVay did the smart thing - but it didn't work becaues the defense couldn't stop them.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I like Goff, but he's a limited QB. I've always felt he's in that 9-12 range of QBs. There are times when he misses guys wide open (usually middle of the field) because he's not even looking that way. It's like he makes his mind up where he's going before the snap. Usually in pressure situations. Which is concerning. Because he gets rattled. I've also always felt his mental processor was a tick slow. That throw to Woods on the out route in the 4th that sailed has to come out a tick sooner. Unfortunately, I don't think that can improve. Some of it is a mental acuity issue. The other part is he has kind of a wind up delivery. Having said that I think this team can win with Goff. They've shown they can. But everyone on offense needs to be clicking. And McVay needs to help him out more with better play calls. It's also concerning when this offense plays a physical style of defense they keep coming up short. Frustrating.

If you like 9-7, or 10-6 yeah they can win with Goff and have been....not sure that gets them far though. :owned:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you like 9-7, or 10-6 yeah they can win with Goff and have been....not sure that gets them far though. :owned:

He has the second most regular season wins of any QB since 2017. The issue isn't winning with him. The issue is that when he has a bad game, he's really fucking bad. The kid needs to get his turnovers under control.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
McVay did the smart thing - but it didn't work becaues the defense couldn't stop them.
So bottomline your argument is that it is the defenses fault? You sure about that? Like you really want to throw the D under the bus bro?

FYI whatever you reply choose your words very very very carefully...

Ellard80

Legend
Read your own post.
You were boasting about the oline with Goff being in the bottom 3 being sacked.

yeah... i was saying our oline this year isn't that bad. if you look at the data compared to that year its not like it blew this one away. But never did i say we were better this year or that our RB's are better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The schedulers went out of their way to fuck us this year. SF had a bye week. We had a short week. That's not even remotely fair.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Well you said it.
Goff was a huge part of the loss
He was terrible. McV was dreadful with timeouts. Amongst other things.

No argument from me

Status
Not open for further replies.