49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
That sucked ass. The D couldnt tackle for the 1st half and the O sucked the whole game except for the Akers drive. It seems the O has gotten complacent knowing the D is at the top of the league. How can a team be so unprepared for a division rival? And in typical Rams fashion, they did just enough to suck me back into thinking they might win, just so they could rip my heart out again.

Rams77

Starter
For some reason this game didn't piss me off half as much as the first Niner game and the Dolphins loss. I had a calm sense/feeling come over me assuring me that this team is decent but not a real contender. I learned that after the Miami game and this game just proved it. We need a new QB plain and simple if we want to win it all. We have a good defense. We need to find a leader. I wish we would have bombed last season and drafted Herbert. Man i wish. I would have traded anything for Herbert

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Our QB is the weakest part of the team.

We'll need outside linebackers (because I think Floyd tries free agency after this year, along with Ebukam) inside linebackers (Reeder fucking sucks, Young is average at best, and Kiser and Howard are free agents a year from now), a center (because Blythe is a free agent this year), and another cornerback (because of Hill likely moving on) more than a quarterback.

EDIT: And a safety (because JJ3 will leave, and Scott has proven that he's special teams at best).

Ellard80

Legend
This is what McVay was thinking. But in reality, he needed to be conservative. The way he was calling plans, he was fine with 2-3 yards a play and a 58 yard FG try versus AD winning the game for us.

McVay calling timeouts - all it did was give them an extra 3 plays to get closer. The best bet there was OT for us - McVay clearly wasn't thinking because the Niners weren't even in comfortable FG range yet

There was a 1:20 left adn they were at our 48 yardline when we called the first time out. ... The 2nd timeout we called they were at OUR 39 yard line and had all 3 timeouts left with 40 secs left.

They had complete control of the clock - it didn't matter if we couldn't stop them. If we stopped them we have had time for ourselves. if we didn't stop them they still had all their timeouts left.

It has zero bearing on the outcome...

WoodsideRam

Rookie
I like Goff, but he's a limited QB. I've always felt he's in that 9-12 range of QBs. There are times when he misses guys wide open (usually middle of the field) because he's not even looking that way. It's like he makes his mind up where he's going before the snap. Usually in pressure situations. Which is concerning. Because he gets rattled. I've also always felt his mental processor was a tick slow. That throw to Woods on the out route in the 4th that sailed has to come out a tick sooner. Unfortunately, I don't think that can improve. Some of it is a mental acuity issue. The other part is he has kind of a wind up delivery. Having said that I think this team can win with Goff. They've shown they can. But everyone on offense needs to be clicking. And McVay needs to help him out more with better play calls. It's also concerning when this offense plays a physical style of defense they keep coming up short. Frustrating.

Ellard80

Legend
Outside of the 1st 8 games of our super bowl year goff has always been up and down.

He is our guy for at least this year.. and probably the next couple. So we just have to hope he can figure it out.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Outside of the 1st 8 games of our super bowl year goff has always been up and down.

He is our guy for at least this year.. and probably the next couple. So we just have to hope he can figure it out.
Protect him and get a consistent run game and we will be fine.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
that makes no sense lol.... the 49ners wanted the clock to run so that we would have no time left to get the ball.

In the end it didn't matter though because they got two more first downs - either way they would have had control of the clock.
I saw a few moments in-between, where we prematurely called a TO in their favor and allotted them the time to make those plays that allowed them to take the game and win it. I am sorry but that is what I saw...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, but nobody here thought we could trade up for Goff in 2016. Why not trade up for Howell if, say, the Jets or Jaguars get the #1 overall pick again?

I doubt it's a possibility. But it's a moot point right now.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
It is what it is.. Our spending and cap has hurt us. Not to mention no draft picks..

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I doubt it's a possibility. But it's a moot point right now.

Yeah, I guess. I admit, we're stuck with Goff until 2022. I hope he plays better. I'm not going to put any money on it. That's why I want Howell; he's played extremely well without the weapons that Lawrence and Fields have.

Ellard80

Legend
Protect him and get a consistent run game and we will be fine.

In the NFL however that's not goign to happen. no team can run the ball every game.. and your QB is goign to get pressure sometimes - no matter who it is.

Sometimes the QB has to deliver when things are breaking down. I'm not saying Goff can't but like today it was avoidable. The 1st INT he threw was a bad read and a bad pass... the 2nd turnover was a bad decision to try and lean forward with the ball. The pick 6 he got hit so that one was the least his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.