49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The one point I will give in Goff's defense...

The fucking refs REFUSED to call any PIs. This was ref'd like a Super Bowl and I dunno why, but Rams coaches NEVER adjust to when the Refs are letting us play.

That said, they called a PI on Fuller that was complete bullshit, but refused to call SEVERAL on the 9ers.

Goff isn't gonna do well if the refs allow the dbs to get handsy and we've seen that since he became a Ram.

That said, when Goff plays poorly, he really shits the bed and there's simply no excuse for it.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Have a feeling we will some changes to this offensive scheme sooner than later. I don't know what the issue with Goff is.

It is bizarre the mistakes he makes.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I have seriously laughed at those saying Goff is an Elite QB. He has never been and more than likely never will be an elite QB.

He's rather good, at times.

I've repeatedly called him a "tweener", he's not top ten, he's stuck in the teens and I believe that will remain the case. 14 to 18 or so that's his history and his fate.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
We are just not as good as I want us to be or thought we could be. That goes for McGoff too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I would bet a lot of money that we draft a QB on day 2. A lot.

No. Too many weaknesses. But 2022, like I'm planning? Most certainly, and I will bang the fucking drum for Howell. He is my quarterback crush.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that makes no sense lol.... the 49ners wanted the clock to run so that we would have no time left to get the ball.

In the end it didn't matter though because they got two more first downs - either way they would have had control of the clock.

This is what McVay was thinking. But in reality, he needed to be conservative. The way he was calling plans, he was fine with 2-3 yards a play and a 58 yard FG try versus AD winning the game for us.

McVay calling timeouts - all it did was give them an extra 3 plays to get closer. The best bet there was OT for us - McVay clearly wasn't thinking because the Niners weren't even in comfortable FG range yet

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Refs allowed Donald to be tackled...whiners didn’t even try not to hold or disguise it.

Shit

MachS

Hall of Fame
Given that Howell will likely go in the first round (we're obviously not getting the top quarterbacks in this draft) in 2022, we won't have to bench Goff; he'll likely be traded in 2022. Howell is my guy for the reasons I stated in the Notre Dame thread. He outplayed Trevor Lawrence in 2019; it was his defense and coach that screwed up what could've been a victory. He threw 38 touchdowns to seven interceptions. He's not a huge quarterback, but 6'1" isn't too bad, and he's more mobile than Goff.

I would love to think we could trade Goff and his $30M per year contract, but reality is that becomes less likely every game he plays. Still think we need to bite the bullet and draft a QB next year. Who cares what the media says about us if we bench Goff, we cant afford to waste AD/Ramsey's prime and this SB caliber defense.

We haven't seen McVay draft a QB, Goff was here when he arrived. I hope McVay could take a prospect in round 2 or 3 and turn him into something, but Goff hasn't kept developing through 5 years, hes been regressing the last 2 so I dont know. We're kind of fucked either way its a risk.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what McVay was thinking. But in reality, he needed to be conservative. The way he was calling plans, he was fine with 2-3 yards a play and a 58 yard FG try versus AD winning the game for us.

McVay calling timeouts - all it did was give them an extra 3 plays to get closer. The best bet there was OT for us - McVay clearly wasn't thinking because the Niners weren't even in comfortable FG range yet

That happened because our defense didn't get the 4th down stop. He was trying to force Kyle into taking a long FG and giving us the ball back (if he made or missed it). We had our chances. We didn't execute when it mattered.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The one point I will give in Goff's defense...

The fucking refs REFUSED to call any PIs. This was ref'd like a Super Bowl and I dunno why, but Rams coaches NEVER adjust to when the Refs are letting us play.

That said, they called a PI on Fuller that was complete bullshit, but refused to call SEVERAL on the 9ers.

Goff isn't gonna do well if the refs allow the dbs to get handsy and we've seen that since he became a Ram.

That said, when Goff plays poorly, he really shits the bed and there's simply no excuse for it.
A run games would help.
I haven't seen ours in a few weeks.
Other than that big run by Akers, we didn't do shit on the ground. We're just letting defenses tee up on our QB.
Goff needs to get that 2 second clock imprinted in his head, because our oline can't hold blocks that long and without play action, we've become a one dimensional on offense.

Sorry its not a "Fuck you Goff" post. But thats all I'm giving

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. Too many weaknesses. But 2022, like I'm planning? Most certainly, and I will bang the fucking drum for Howell. He is my quarterback crush.

If Howell is as good as you believe, he'll be long gone before we pick in 2022.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Refs allowed Donald to be tackled...whiners didn’t even try not to hold or disguise it.

Shit

That's another thing.

On one play where he sacked the QB, the OL was in the act of tackling AD.

This shit is bananas. I've NEVER seen this much blatant disregard for holding.

The ONLY time in all of sports I've seen officiating where they basically said, "well, we can't call every foul b/c there's a foul on every play" was when Shaq was with the Lakers.

And I will continue to hate that with the fury of a thousand supernovas...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Howell is as good as you believe, he'll be long gone before we pick in 2022.

Yeah, but nobody here thought we could trade up for Goff in 2016. Why not trade up for Howell if, say, the Jets or Jaguars get the #1 overall pick again?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
"FLY, Eagles Fly. All the way to Victory..." ~ Mac with his Cheesesteak

Fuck yeah. My fat ass will take that cheesesteak.

Fly Eagles Fly?

I wasn't aware that Turkeys flew...

Status
Not open for further replies.