49’ers at Rams Pregame Thread 10/08/19-10/12/19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EasyE

Starter
SF just rang up 275 yards rushing at nearly 7 yards a pop.

Good Lord.

I thought the Brownies had a mid pack run D after watching our game with them

Based on the Rams D I've seen the last two weeks I'm not real hopeful.

I think whiners lost their FB late in game...may help us

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
And with Bill Callahan looming as being available come 2020 even more so IMHO.
Maybe, but the bigger issue is getting some big boys up front. The idea that we have the talent but it’s just inexperienced now is totally off the wall.

I was at the panthers game and Allen and Blythe were tiny compared to the guys they faced. And Noteboom isn’t strong enough.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game will define our season.

If we don't force multiple turnovers, we will lose.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Little disappointed with what i see defeatist talk amongst some of you

Please spare me the Realist crap excuses

Cream rises to the top ladies, starting this Sunday

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I’ve read already and heard from the faithless we’re going to lose about 63-0. Should be a fun week.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Guys they have played nobody. Let's see how they do against a real opponent. Cleveland, Bengals, Pitts suck and TB is okay.

Ease to praise a mid level team because they beat junk teams it matters when they play us and Seattle.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
If the Niners beat us badly up front, very possible, I think it will be a coming to Jesus moment for McVay. I think he’s been following Snead and Kromer on building the OL with JAG talent like Allen and Blythe up til now. If he gets his offense dismantled because of the OL, he’s gonna step in and demand more talent up front.

This game is huge for Kromer's clout in the org. These are his guys.

let’s not go too far....

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Guys they have played nobody. Let's see how they do against a real opponent. Cleveland, Bengals, Pitts suck and TB is okay.

Ease to praise a mid level team because they beat junk teams it matters when they play us and Seattle.
Regardless of who they’ve played, they have completely man handled most of their opponents. We got squashed by TB and beat Cleveland by 7. Admitting they are a very good team is a painful reality. But it’s still reality. We will probably be underdogs this week at home vs division opponent for the first time in 2 years.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Wow, I can't believe a lot of you. Let me enlighten you guys on how weird the NFL has been this year.

The Browns put a beat-down on the Ravens and then lay an egg to the 9er's
The Bucks kick our asses then lay an egg against NO and their backup QB.
The Chiefs lose to a very average indy team that lost to a crappy Raiders team the week before.
The Bears beat the Vikings then lost to the Raiders lol.
The Pats almost lost to the BILLS!!!
The cowpies... Need i say more?

That is just in the last two weeks, and as you can see the NFL is always a mystery in the first 5 to 7 weeks of the season. So just relax people the 9ers will come back down to earth, and this should be the week that it happens.

If it doesnt happen then obviously we have our work cut out for us. But some of us might have to accept this might not be a 13-3 season and maybe more like a 10 win season. So lets not shit the bed every time ya'll get doubts

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
any idea when we will know if this game will be flexed to SNF? Trying to make work accommodations

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Wow, I can't believe a lot of you. Let me enlighten you guys on how weird the NFL has been this year.

The Browns put a beat-down on the Ravens and then lay an egg to the 9er's
The Bucks kick our asses then lay an egg against NO and their backup QB.
The Chiefs lose to a very average indy team that lost to a crappy Raiders team the week before.
The Bears beat the Vikings then lost to the Raiders lol.
The Pats almost lost to the BILLS!!!
The cowpies... Need i say more?

That is just in the last two weeks, and as you can see the NFL is always a mystery in the first 5 to 7 weeks of the season. So just relax people the 9ers will come back down to earth, and this should be the week that it happens.

If it doesnt happen then obviously we have our work cut out for us. But some of us might have to accept this might not be a 13-3 season and maybe more like a 10 win season. So lets not shit the bed every time ya'll get doubts

I have already accepted the likelihood that this is a 10-6 season.

That’s based by what I’ve seen with my own eyes, without rose colored glasses.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Maybe, but the bigger issue is getting some big boys up front. The idea that we have the talent but it’s just inexperienced now is totally off the wall.

I was at the panthers game and Allen and Blythe were tiny compared to the guys they faced. And Noteboom isn’t strong enough.
I don't think size is the issue. Strength and staying on blocks is the prob with Boom in the run game.
He also is terrible when he gets second level or pulls, which compared to Saff is a massive dropoff.

OG play has been the main issue to my eye and it was affecting the tackles for a while too. Not absolving them of a poor start but it's all related up front. We don't need massive linemen in this run scheme.

My frustration is the refusal to play Edwards thus far. I think he could help us more than most of the OL types you can get in trade during the season. IMO if the guard play doesn't improve we are going to see him at some point.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
#1 Rushing attack in the NFL?

SF @ 200 yards a game.

#2 Defense in the league?

SF @ #2 against the pass and #5 versus the run. Sacks at mid pack.

They ain't no creampuffs.

Best make Crappaboboy try and beat us.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope the Rams fans turnout en masse at the Coliseum, I'm expecting a lot of Whiner fans with the way they're playing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
dR2emAX.jpg

nighttrain

Legend
I don't think size is the issue. Strength and staying on blocks is the prob with Boom in the run game.
He also is terrible when he gets second level or pulls, which compared to Saff is a massive dropoff.

OG play has been the main issue to my eye and it was affecting the tackles for a while too. Not absolving them of a poor start but it's all related up front. We don't need massive linemen in this run scheme.

My frustration is the refusal to play Edwards thus far. I think he could help us more than most of the OL types you can get in trade during the season. IMO if the guard play doesn't improve we are going to see him at some point.

want Edwards

train