49’ers at Rams Pregame Thread 10/08/19-10/12/19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Anyone remember this page turner?

Sure do...Not to digress, but one thing I loved about Howard Cosell was, he always included the Middle Name of an athlete when talking about him....Joe Willie Namath, Francis Asbury Tarkenton for example, made it more personable.

The sad part, much easier to do that today with Google, however, no broadcaster will take the time because most of them are not too busy talking about themselves.

Hey Max, do you know who was the NFL team that drafted Joe Willie Namath?

Last edited:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Sure do...Not to digress, but one thing I loved about Howard Cosell was, he always included the Middle Name of an athlete when talking about him....Joe Willie Namath, Francis Asbury Tarkenton for example, made it more personable.

The sad part, much easier to do that today with Google, however, no broadcaster will take the time because most of them are not too busy talking about themselves.

Hey Max, do you know who was the NFL team that drafted Joe Willie Namath?

St L. Cards

socalrams90

Starter
Random thing I noticed. This is our last 1 PM Sunday game at the coliseum til December 29 vs AZ. Next three home games are prime time.

Ram65

Legend
Just caught up with the last 4-5 pages. Good reading thanks for posting all the writes and opinions.

It sure feels like it's a must-win game. It's early in the season so there is time if the Rams lose. Still they will be hard-pressed to win the division and even make a playoff run should they keep trending downward.

The Whiners having lots of money draft picks and drafting early have given them the makings of a playoff team. They didn't spend a lot of draft capital on Juszczyk, Kittle, Brita and got Jimmy G cheap. When they added Ford and got Bosa you new the defense who jump a couple of notches.

Injuries on both teams may be in favor of the Rams. Having the FB Jusczyk out with the two tackles may help slow down their run game. Rams have to start out fast for a change. Their defense can get after Goff.

It's going to be close to a must-win playoff-type game as you can get in week 6. Niner Week...Go Rams!!!!!!!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Who drafted Roman Gabriel with the first overall pick in 1962?

The Oakland Raiders...Al Davis loved his big arm, plus Al tried to get him again when there was a rift with money during another year.

Add in that in 1969 Ralph Wilson offered O.J. Simpson straight up for Roman Gabriel and George Allen turned him down.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The Oakland Raiders...Al Davis loved his big arm, plus Al tried to get him again when there was a rift with money during another year.

Add in that in 1969 Ralph Wilson offered O.J. Simpson straight up for Roman Gabriel and George Allen turned him down.

Who was the player Carrol Rosenbloom was all excited to draft and that Don Kloseterman told CR don't worry we're getting him. It didn't happen and CR never forgave DK.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Who was the player Carrol Rosenbloom was all excited to draft and that Don Kloseterman told CR don't worry we're getting him. It didn't happen and CR never forgave DK.

You got me there, I have no idea Max.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
You got me there, I have no idea Max.

Klosterman (aka the Duke of Del Rey) had deal all set with TB for first pick in 1978 to get Earl Campbell. Oilers came in at last minute with better deal and got the Tyler Rose. CR was livid.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Klosterman (aka the Duke of Del Rey) had deal all set with TB for first pick in 1978 to get Earl Campbell. Oilers came in at last minute with better deal and got the Tyler Rose. CR was livid.

Wow seems like the Houston Oilers got the Rams three times with players.

1. Billy Cannon signing a contract to play for the Rams with then GM Pete Rozelle then ending in the AFL with the Houston Oilers.
  2. Earl Campbell as you so eloquently communicated
  3. Warren Moon, who the Rams wanted in 1984, but the Houston Oilers hired Moon's coach in Canada Hugh Campbell which closed the deal on the Los Angeles Rams...Think how good Moon would have been with Dickerson.

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
All I know is I'm flying in from Munich on Saturday to be at the game on Sunday. I'm going to be tired and in no mood to see the same I saw against Tampa before I left for Germany. I fly home to NorCal after the game and have to work the next day with effing SF fans.

Win. The. Damn. Game.

Thank you!
Yeah, I'm still pissed...

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Sorry, man. It happens.
You're missing an 's' and an 'h' there...

I could eat a 2-14 season as long as the two wins are against SF...

To get manhandled by SF like the Rams did on Sunday really makes me ill... I cannot STAND that team!!!
PerfumedDisguisedBullfrog-max-1mb.gif