OFFICIAL 2024 Training Camp / News, Notes, Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Pulling this along side the rabbit from the magicians hat? Haven't read anything out of Bears camp that he isn't ready. He's the starter, most starters don't play in preseason.
True but I am stating that he probably isn't ready. I have read some good reports and some bad reports. But won't know until the games begin.

And remember I was a big fan of Caleb at USC but he takes way too long to read defenses. And I have heard that problem still surfaces in some of the reports I read. It's not something that can be fixed overnight.

So that is why I feel he should get as much game time as possible. But I know that won't happen because as you say - starters don't start in the preseason. And I think that will hurt the bears this season.

Again this is just from having seen him play in quite a few games the last two years.

You don't need to throw your sarcasm out of your hat at me.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’m thinking Tutu gets traded
Quite possible. Best case is he goes off in preseason games of course. But yeah there may be a team out there willing to give up a late rounder for him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it was the kickoff rule change thread, but Tutu might be a factor with that rule change returning KO’s.

His roster spot feels safe to me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True but I am stating that he probably isn't ready. I have read some good reports and some bad reports. But won't know until the games begin.

And remember I was a big fan of Caleb at USC but he takes way too long to read defenses. And I have heard that problem still surfaces in some of the reports I read. It's not something that can be fixed overnight.

So that is why I feel he should get as much game time as possible. But I know that won't happen because as you say - starters don't start in the preseason. And I think that will hurt the bears this season.

Again this is just from having seen him play in quite a few games the last two years.

You don't need to throw your sarcasm out of your hat at me.
No sarcasm, just pointing out you're guessing with no knowledge of how he's doing that he's not ready. People read this and take your uninformed opinion as you relaying actual information. Your bias against Caleb is well known.

We're all entitled to speak our opinion. Just not sure we should be out trying to tell everyone it's anything more than our uneducated opinion. But hey I've been wrong before and will be wrong again.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Although I have have not seen this in any of the ROD notes, I have heard on some podcasts that Dotson has been a Camp star.
One of the best players in camp.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Can't wait to see Whittington and Tyler Johnson in action during the preseason. Chatarius Atwell has officially been put on notice.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can't wait to see Whittington and Tyler Johnson in action during the preseason. Chatarius Atwell has officially been put on notice.
Don't Sleep on Xavier Smith, especially in the punt return game. One PR in preseason for a TD and that might be all it will take to make the roster IMHO.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Although I have have not seen this in any of the ROD notes, I have heard on some podcasts that Dotson has been a Camp star.
One of the best players in camp.
All the pressure I saw at Tuesday‘s camp was coming from the right side of the D line where they were going up against two backups. Dotson and Havenstein had Their side locked down.

Tano

Legend
No sarcasm, just pointing out you're guessing with no knowledge of how he's doing that he's not ready. People read this and take your uninformed opinion as you relaying actual information. Your bias against Caleb is well known.

We're all entitled to speak our opinion. Just not sure we should be out trying to tell everyone it's anything more than our uneducated opinion. But hey I've been wrong before and will be wrong again.
Still sarcasm no matter how you see it.

Maybe people take my info as real when all I am doing is giving my opinion as to how I saw Caleb at USC. I probably should stress that it is from what I have seen in the past. Plus I did read how he had difficulties in OTAs.

And I really do not have a bias against Caleb.

I think he could be a great QB because he has a great arm with great accuracy and a lot of agility.

But his one fault is taking forever to find a receiver to throw to. That's an area that he really needs to work on. If he gets that solved, he could be a lot like Mahomes. He is that good.

Edit - this backs up my statement

Caleb Williams’ next practice will be in August, after the Chicago Bears’ first preseason game on Thursday night against the Houston Texans. While he showed flashes of promise in the first couple of weeks of training camp, he’s also shown he has a long way to go before he’s ready to start in Week 1.

This editorial basically states everything that I like about Williams but doesn't quite go into why he uses his legs so much to avoid the rush. He takes forever to go thru his reads. If he speeds it up, watch out.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just watched Verse on microphone in practice, one on one with a tackle and he's doing really well in getting past him every play. Verse is funny how exalts after every play. But then Kyren swings left to help the tackle and stands him up and Verse says "I'd have gotten him good. Mind your own business!." to Kyren I believe.... This tickled my funny bone! lol

Tano

Legend

I also want to say where in heck do I say that I actually know what is going on with Caleb with any certainty.

I said "I HAVE A FEELING" - that to the best of my english language knowledge DOES NOT give any certainty to what I am saying.

You're just coming at me just to come at me.

And you have been doing it to me for a long time. Just cut it out.

I have never ever put you down in any of your statements/beliefs about players or teams. I might disagree but I have never made any statement like - pulling knowledge out of a magician's hat. Just wrong.

I like the majority of your posts but I am going to have to ignore any of your posts directed at me from now on. If I see any response by you, I am just going to move on and pretend that you didn't respond to my post.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Finally at camp and the first thing I saw was Byron Young being worked on at the Trainer stable looks like his ankle