OFFICIAL 2024 Training Camp / News, Notes, Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bennett is set up to have a great preseason with all these depth pieces showing well in camp. Will he be able to capitalize.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He needs all the in-game experience he can get.
This is an extra preseason game. I am sure he will play for a quarter in game 2 and then maybe a half in game 3 and then will sit for game 4. That is how I would play it with him.

Tano

Legend
This is an extra preseason game. I am sure he will play for a quarter in game 2 and then maybe a half in game 3 and then will sit for game 4. That is how I would play it with him.
If he looked ready, I would do that.

But I have a strong feeling he isn't remotely close to being ready.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he looked ready, I would do that.

But I have a strong feeling he isn't remotely close to being ready.
Pulling this along side the rabbit from the magicians hat? Haven't read anything out of Bears camp that he isn't ready. He's the starter, most starters don't play in preseason.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's the listed heights for the Rams WR room:

Kupp 6'2"
Puka 6'2"
Robinson 6'1"
Johnson 6'1"
Whittington 6'1"

Tutu 5'9"
-----------cuts below-------------
Smith 5'9"
Laap 6'0"
Stoops 5'10"
Wiglusz 5'11"

I think the roster certainties (Kupp, Puka, Robinson, Johnson, and Whittington) mostly have one thing in common: good size for the position (in green :hug:). Now obviously size is not the determining factor by itself, but it's interesting how this room has transitioned to a certain "type" of wideout, that being guys with good size, good hands and catch radius, and while none of them are burners as wideouts all of them are smart and selfless personalities. If you were to try to guess what the Rams' current WR mold is, I think those certainties I listed above all fit it.

Now some will think I am just trying to be mean to Tutu here. This is not the case, as even though I think Tutu is at risk of being cut he is the only receiver in that room with real speed. So Tutu's problem is not so much his lack of size but the fact his speed has not shown an ability to take over in games in this scheme.

There are still preseason games for these guys to separate and distinguish themselves. So the best stuff is still ahead. I am hoping the Rams only sit Kupp, Puka, and Robinson for these games. Really want to see the rest of them duke it out for their roster slotting.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan

Kupp 6'2"
Puka 6'2"
Robinson 6'1"
Johnson 6'1"
Whittington 6'1"

Tutu 5'9"
Smith 5'9"
Laap 6'0"
Stoops 5'10"
Wiglusz 5'11"

I think the roster certainties (Kupp, Puka, Robinson, Johnson, and Whittington) mostly have one thing in common: good size for the position (in green :hug:). Now obviously size is not the determining factor by itself, but it's interesting how this room has transitioned to a certain "type" of wideout, that being guys with good size, good hands and catch radius, and while none of them are burners as wideouts all of them are smart and selfless personalities. If you were to try to guess what the Rams' current WR mold is, I think those certainties I listed above all fit it.

Now some will think I am just trying to be mean to Tutu here. This is not the case, as even though I think Tutu is at risk of being cut he is the only receiver in that room with real speed. So Tutu's problem is not so much his lack of size but the fact his speed has not shown an ability to take over in games in this scheme.

There are still preseason games for these guys to separate and distinguish themselves. So the best stuff is still ahead. I am hoping the Rams only sit Kupp, Puka, and Robinson for these games. Really want to see the rest of them duke it out for their roster slotting.
I'm pulling for Xavier Smith, word is he is clearly the best returner.
I do like Tutu and have to think McVay has some cute uses for him. Nothing like a scary "go" route to open up the secondary.
Is there any way they can keep 7 WRs? Pretty Martzian I know. . . .

BC

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Kupp 6'2"
Puka 6'2"
Robinson 6'1"
Johnson 6'1"
Whittington 6'1"

Tutu 5'9"
Smith 5'9"
Laap 6'0"
Stoops 5'10"
Wiglusz 5'11"

I’m thinking Tutu gets traded