2024 Rams Official Cut Down to 53 thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Here's hoping that Tyler Johnson isn't one of them.

Tano

Legend
I have to think the Rams put in claims on a QB or two. But they have to win in the order to get them.
The thing is - if another team picks up a QB off the waiver wire - they have to put him on the 53

The Rams have room for two games for that to happen.

I am wondering if any of the other 18 teams in front of them have crappy number 2s that are willing to pick up one of these waiver wire QBs.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think the Zach Thomas will surprise some people.. I'm not. I think they're deep on the interior and didn't need him. Jackson, Avila, Dotson, Bruss and Limmer.. that's PLENTY.
Can't say that anything really jumps out at me... other than Xavier Smith. Really thought he was showing something and liked his profile.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The thing is - if another team picks up a QB off the waiver wire - they have to put him on the 53

The Rams have room for two games for that to happen.

I am wondering if any of the other 18 teams in front of them have crappy number 2s that are willing to pick up one of these waiver wire QBs.
Fair point. I don't look at rosters around the league so no idea what sort of interest will be out there for a QB like White for example. But we'll see.

Also the Rams may stand pat with Bennett because they feel they are building him to that QB2 level. I think that is risky, given Stafford's age and mileage, but I wouldn't rule that out or anything.

Bottom line is there are some WCO types who are likely to hit the market, and they would make us a better roster for weeks 1 & 2. I don't want to see a game like that one in Green Bay, where we lose one that is winnable due to the QB2 not being ready. And for the record I like Bennett and I think he's a future QB2. He's just not a QB2 right now.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So who made it that was on the bubble? Josh Wallace, Jaylen McCollough, Charles Woods ... who else?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So who made it that was on the bubble? Josh Wallace, Jaylen McCollough, Charles Woods ... who else?
Replying to myself - looks like Wallace, McCollough, Woods, Elias Neal, Cory Durden and Conor McDermott have all made it on the team ...

Memento

Name
Jemma
Shame about Taylor, Evans, Xavier Smith, and Wiglusz.

On the other hand, TYLER JOHNSON MADE IT! I DON'T HAVE TO USE THE VOX FROM HAZBIN HOTEL "FUCK MY LIFE" CLIP!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Replying to myself - looks like Wallace, McCollough, Woods, Elias Neal, Cory Durden and Conor McDermott have all made it on the team ...

Bit surprised that Neal and McDermott made it. Not as much with Wallace, Woods, McCullough, and Durden; they earned their spots.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This roster is heavy on defense. We knew defense was gonna be tough but still that is very surprising.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And with Tre'Vius Tomlinson designated as "Reserve/Injured", but not with the Designated for Return (like Leveston and Murchison), I believe that means he is out for the season ... can anyone confirm that?