2024 Rams Official Cut Down to 53 thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry if this has been posted, lots going on today.
5:25 - 6:05 is must watch
10 rookies on D and 5 are UDFA's
Reeder & Rozeboom are the starters

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iifeq4djMFw

Sean was in no mood for questions about the departure of Jones. He chopped one reporter off at the knees when he asked for more information than just "for the good of team," canned response.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Oof. Somebody's not happy...

I didn't watch the rest of the interview and maybe they had been hounding him up until that point, but that was a rough soundbite.
I saw this clip before watching the interview, and assumed Sean was pissed about the trade. After watching the interview I think he was frustrated with the questions and has no issue with the trade.

And let me say I think the questions were 1000% fair. But I understand McVays frustration.

jjab360

Legend
I saw this clip before watching the interview, and assumed Sean was pissed about the trade. After watching the interview I think he was frustrated with the questions and has no issue with the trade.

And let me say I think the questions were 1000% fair. But I understand McVays frustration.
Okay. Yeah you convinced me to watch the rest of the interview leading up to that point and I think he had already elaborated as much as he could without giving away internal information. I think anyone would have been frustrated with the reporters by that point as well, all they did was keep asking the same question with different wording.

I just hope Speights steps up sooner than later, Reeder/Rozeboom ain't it.

Psycho_X

Legend
After listening to the McVay interview and reading between the lines or just listening to his lines it seems it came down to Jones not practicing a whole lot. Kept talking about availability and practicing consistently. I know Jones has had a knee issue but I wonder if they felt he was milking it a bit too much due to wanting a new contract. This is just my conjecture and we might never know. But definitely seems like they were just frustrated with however Jones was going about his business this offseason.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
After listening to the McVay interview and reading between the lines or just listening to his lines it seems it came down to Jones not practicing a whole lot. Kept talking about availability and practicing consistently. I know Jones has had a knee issue but I wonder if they felt he was milking it a bit too much due to wanting a new contract. This is just my conjecture and we might never know. But definitely seems like they were just frustrated with however Jones was going about his business this offseason.
I think they were implying his knee was becoming quite an issue.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Okay. Yeah you convinced me to watch the rest of the interview leading up to that point and I think he had already elaborated as much as he could without giving away internal information. I think anyone would have been frustrated with the reporters by that point as well, all they did was keep asking the same question with different wording.

I just hope Speights steps up sooner than later, Reeder/Rozeboom ain't it.
It almost sounds like Jones was outplayed in camp and or they feel he is not a scheme fit with the new version of this defense.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It almost sounds like Jones was outplayed in camp and or they feel he is not a scheme fit with the new version of this defense.
I think that is true. McVay said the missed time put him behind. And talked up the performance of the room.

I figure Jones would have caught up, but I also think Shula wanted more mobility. Shula is putting his stamp on that defense. From there we have a lot of reasons to move Jones on top of that too.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
It’s typical employer-speak. They tell you how vital you are while you’re there, but minimize the impact of your departure when you leave. It’s hard to say at that point just what was happening on the field and how it was interpreted. Then again, jones wasn’t on the field much. THAT had to be a factor.
Shula is putting his stamp on that defense. From there we have a lot of reasons to move Jones on top of that too.
No doubt about. Shula is throwing bodies at this defense who he hopes will be sponges. This time though, the Rams D will have to play it straight—without the benefit of AD99 to interfere with opposing OCs mindset.

Ram65

Legend
McVay is an NFL politician but a little more emotional.

You never get the bottom line about situations on the moves like the Jones trade.

Jones is gone and the Rams will move on.