OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's the Commodes, that franchise is garbage. He's a great pick up as a #3 WR
A Philly radio station had Brian Mitchell on today. He is on a Washington sports radio show. He said Dotson was not competing. Moping around during practice. Dan Quinn challenged all players this summer. Said no position was safe. Everyone had to compete for a job. Apparently Dotson did not react well to that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A Philly radio station had Brian Mitchell on today. He is on a Washington sports radio show. He said Dotson was not competing. Moping around during practice. Dan Quinn challenged all players this summer. Said no position was safe. Everyone had to compete for a job. Apparently Dotson did not react well to that.
Dotson is a good WR, but GTFO here with that attitude. Meritocracy is the rule, or should be on all NFL teams if not everywhere.

Side note. I have met Brian Mitchell a few times over the years and he is as cool a dude a u will ever meet. First time I met him, I was still working as a petroleum transfer engineer (I pumped gas at an Exxon station) .

He pulled up in a first gen Acura NSX... license plate was Catch 30 or something. I spent 20 minutes talking to him about that car. Super cool guy.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Quinn also didn't draft Dotson and how many times have we seen coaches get rid of players they have zero vested interest in? If I'm correct, they brought in a WR familar with Quinn and also drafted one. I firmly believe the change of scenery is going to benefit Dotson and that the Commodes will look like the ones that got fleeced when its all said and done.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Rams dodged a bullet there. They now have 2 centres on a rookie wage for at least 4 years.

That would work in blue also :)

Some of us will never get over that moment in draft history but it’s not like it changed much in history for our franchise, even if it did the Chiefs, and going into this season we look set

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That would work in blue also :)

Some of us will never get over that moment in draft history but it’s not like it changed much in history for our franchise, even if it did the Chiefs, and going into this season we look set
I would not suggest in any way that Humphries changed anything in the Chiefs history.
Good player.. really good.. but they would've had a functional center, at worse.. and maybe the resource would've brought in something else.
They have Mahomes, Reid, Kelce and Spags.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Think Wash wins out here, that's a hefty price for a 3rd WR.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Think Wash wins out here, that's a hefty price for a 3rd WR.
Really?
A 3rd round pick from a contending team is in the late-80s to early-90s; and the Eagles get back a 5th from a team not expected to make the playoffs. That figures to be in the 130s.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
@OldSchool ... How about Adoree' Jackson for around $2.5M with some incentives?

Former first round pick, veteran outside cornerback, about to turn twenty-nine, little on the short side at 5'10" which is how the Rams often like their CBs; and he comes back to the west coast where he played at USC.
I've always liked him, but I'm a USC homer too. Super athletic and has gotten better in the NFL. Worth the risk IMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
That would be interesting.

If the Niners could squeeze-out Washington's first round pick, the evil-49ers could get a top-ten selection.

I sure hope that does not happen.
I can't see a world in which the whiners are getting a 1st back, let alone a potential top 10 1st. Aiyuk is expecting a massive contract from the new team also. A 2nd seems far more likely. And paying him 30m+ per year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Really?
A 3rd round pick from a contending team is in the late-80s to early-90s; and the Eagles get back a 5th from a team not expected to make the playoffs. That figures to be in the 130s.
Yeah - we assume they are a contending team (I agree) but the wheels fell off last year at the end - Wash also gets two 7ths but even then, hefty price for a 3rd WR who's a malcontent and who's slight in build and who's production is eeeeeeeh.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I can't see a world in which the whiners are getting a 1st back, let alone a potential top 10 1st. Aiyuk is expecting a massive contract from the new team also. A 2nd seems far more likely. And paying him 30m+ per year.
Good point about contract and also the amount of good to great WRs in the draft every year has depressed WR's trade values going forward.

Still, I think a 1st for him is worth it for the right team.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Roster bubble players for future 6th and 7th round players. Only sickos love this

1724432189047.png

GIVE ME MORRRRE

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Really?
And two 7ths... if they matter at all to you. Not everyone can draft well late.

Still there is a drop off from say pick 88 to 144... Remember there are comp picks after rds 3 and 4... so early 5 is in the 140's assuming Wash picks around pick 8-10.