OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think that is the rub with Witherspoon, he wants to get paid. He is probably not willing to play on vet min deal this year. I might be wrong but I think the Rams would have already brought him back if the $$'s were right. Simply put I am not sure the Rams are willing to pay what he is asking and he is not ready to accept what they are offering.
I suspect this is the issue but also wonder how assignment sound he truly was last year

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That would be interesting.

If the Niners could squeeze-out Washington's first round pick, the evil-49ers could get a top-ten selection.

I sure hope that does not happen.
I'm good with it. They'll screw it up. Like when they had two first round picks and chose Solomon Thomas and Ruben Foster. Or when they had the third overall pick and chose Trey Lance.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Wouldn't be shocked if we send some capital (player or pick) to another team for CB depth before start of regular season.
A sixth round pick for Patrick Surtain Jr. and a seventh?!?
1724349019978.png

WestCoastRam

Legend
A sixth round pick for Patrick Surtain Jr. and a seventh?!?
View attachment 67034
Man, I remember back in the day when you could fleece other teams in trades, happens so much less now as front offices and their competencies have all hit a bare minimum.

Anyone remember when we got a 3rd from Miami for that backup running back Lamar Gordon, dude only had like 600 rushing yards in two seasons prior.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Wouldn't be shocked if we send some capital (player or pick) to another team for CB depth before start of regular season.
This seems like a distinct possibility. So who is going to jump in a suggest a certain WR that no one wanted from the beginning? LOL :)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@OldSchool ... How about Adoree' Jackson for around $2.5M with some incentives?

Former first round pick, veteran outside cornerback, about to turn twenty-nine, little on the short side at 5'10" which is how the Rams often like their CBs; and he comes back to the west coast where he played at USC.
He was a vet signing I did in recent years but I haven't followedhis performance really.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't know how much Adoree has left in the tank.. but would think he would LOVE to come back to LA.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have seen Nix this pre-season; and he seems decisive and accurate, with a number of his completions on-the-run. Looks real good, and is with a head coach that knows how to make an accurate QB with good decision-making skills really productive. Of course, it's just a couple pre-season games, and the regular season is a different animal.

Have also heard and read half-a-dozen analysts and commentators compliment Nix's pre-season play. Not to besmirch the reputation of Nate Tice but all of them are better known and well qualified to offer opinions.
I disagree with the last part. Tice is as good as it gets for accurate evals imo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They signed Jacobs right after Kendrick was lost for the season. That's why I am guessing they will add a veteran CB. Perhaps after roster cut-downs; or even after Week 1. Not a big name but just a guy that has played ... like Jacobs. Little bit of a security blanket.

Now if they feel really good about one or two of the undrafted rookies (Wallace or Woods) ... ? Maybe not.
Or maybe Williams is close to returning from injury.
That would be interesting.

If the Niners could squeeze-out Washington's first round pick, the evil-49ers could get a top-ten selection.

I sure hope that does not happen.
The last report that I heard about the Steelers offer for Aiyuk was a second rounder and a late round pick, and no players offered.

Shouldn’t be hard for Washington to beat if true