OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Assuming Akhello Witherspoon isn’t trying to ask for much we might as well bring him back? Maybe the Rams feel content enough with what they have right now. They might get a last minute rental in a moments notice if needed. I do know this team looks ready to compete and bring the pain every game. Super stoked about this season.
I think that is the rub with Witherspoon, he wants to get paid. He is probably not willing to play on vet min deal this year. I might be wrong but I think the Rams would have already brought him back if the $$'s were right. Simply put I am not sure the Rams are willing to pay what he is asking and he is not ready to accept what they are offering.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think that is the rub with Witherspoon, he wants to get paid. He is probably not willing to play on vet min deal this year. I might be wrong but I think the Rams would have already brought him back if the $$'s were right. Simply put I am not sure the Rams are willing to pay what he is asking and he is not ready to accept what they are offering.
We might hate it, but I am guessing they feel our front will get to the passer with 4 guys and so we are going to drop everyone back in zones on passing situations.

So they might be content with keeping a heady Josh Wallace to play in a zone, versus over paying too much for a marginal vet like Witherspoon.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not mentioned, only because he is on season-ending-IR.

However (full disclosure), I am sleeping better with the knowledge Kendrick will not be in the field in 2024.
Lol I've paid so little attention I had no idea

Still don't count out cb1!!!!

Hahaha

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Lol I've paid so little attention I had no idea
They signed Jacobs right after Kendrick was lost for the season. That's why I am guessing they will add a veteran CB. Perhaps after roster cut-downs; or even after Week 1. Not a big name but just a guy that has played ... like Jacobs. Little bit of a security blanket.

Now if they feel really good about one or two of the undrafted rookies (Wallace or Woods) ... ? Maybe not.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They signed Jacobs right after Kendrick was lost for the season. That's why I am guessing they will add a veteran CB. Perhaps after roster cut-downs; or even after Week 1. Not a big name but just a guy that has played ... like Jacobs. Little bit of a security blanket.

Now if they feel really good about one or two of the undrafted rookies (Wallace or Woods) ... ? Maybe not.
I have been informed many times here that Witherspoon is very good and should be signed. Well we shall see what McVay and Shula think.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I get to watch Nix here in Colorado. He's looked decent and makes quick decisions, which is what Payton wants from his QB. Nix is not all check downs, I can't say his deep ball is great. His intermediate throws have been solid so far. He looks like a rookie who can start over the journey men they have in place ( Stidham and Wilson). IMHO
I'd rather have Stidham or Wilson as our back up for the 1st 2 weeks then Bennett. Hell, I might rather have them then Jimmy G.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I have no one in particular in mind. I wasn't thinking Witherspoon but maybe.
@OldSchool ... How about Adoree' Jackson for around $2.5M with some incentives?

Former first round pick, veteran outside cornerback, about to turn twenty-nine, little on the short side at 5'10" which is how the Rams often like their CBs; and he comes back to the west coast where he played at USC.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's the Commodes, that franchise is garbage. He's a great pick up as a #3 WR
Well, the franchise did change. New coaching staff, new ownership, new front office, etc... so we shall see if this works out.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That would be interesting.

If the Niners could squeeze-out Washington's first round pick, the evil-49ers could get a top-ten selection.

I sure hope that does not happen.
I think Washington will be decent this year. I think they have adults running things now, and a potential dynamic young QB.