OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Contracts are negotiable. Teams don't even think twice about cutting a player when they get injured/underperform their contract so why shouldn't a player try to maximize their value when they're outperforming what they're getting paid?

You go into work and the new employee does half the work and gets paid twice as much as you do for the same job, you just going to sit there and take it? Or are you going to negotiate your salary/start looking for a new job?
At work I’d have no leverage. They’d tell me I could find another job.

It isn’t the Bengals who paid Justin Jefferson either, so that’s a skewed comparison. When AD set the mark the only player to want more immediately was Kahlil Mack. I don’t recall every decent DT or edge in the league holding out for more right away. Some eventually got it once their contract was about to run out.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
At work I’d have no leverage. They’d tell me I could find another job.

It isn’t the Bengals who paid Justin Jefferson either, so that’s a skewed comparison. When AD set the mark the only player to want more immediately was Kahlil Mack. I don’t recall every decent DT or edge in the league holding out for more right away. Some eventually got it once their contract was about to run out.

Worse comparison would be You, Me or Any of Us at Work compared to one of the best anything in the world.

If any of us were one of the top-5 at what we do for a living, we would have ALL the Leverage in the World.

And, if you are suggesting that Chase is merely a 'decent' WR 'holding out for more' ... No ... Really, REALLY NO.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where are the cuts? I thought they happened right after the last preseason game?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

When will teams just let these wrs walk or trade them? Teams don't need the best wr in the league to win.

Having said that, it would have killed me if the Rams let Kupp walk.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Where are the cuts? I thought they happened right after the last preseason game?
Will start tomorrow and continue through Tuesday... I would expect most will be completed by Monday however. Last minute roster tweeking on Tuesday and then final waiver claims on Wednesday.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
1724548090501.png

1724548146623.png

1724548183842.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

There will be some well before the deadline, which I believe is Tuesday August 27th (4 PM ET).

Cincinnati cut about a dozen players late last night.

About half those cut will get re-signed by the same team to their Practice Squads.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame

When will teams just let these wrs walk or trade them? Teams don't need the best wr in the league to win.

Having said that, it would have killed me if the Rams let Kupp walk.

KC did just that — and won the SB afterwords.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There will be some well before the deadline, which I believe is Tuesday August 27th (4 PM ET).

Cincinnati cut about a dozen players late last night.

About half those cut will get re-signed by the same team to their Practice Squads.
Unless we claim them for the 53! Come to Papa, Chase!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Unless we claim them for the 53!

Yeah ... maybe one or two ... maybe none.

As far as the Practice Squad goes, 15 of the 16 players the Rams signed to their PS after last year's cut-down were their own players. I think Brett Maher was the only exception.

Just don't expect many (or any) new players of any significance. If it's any position, I would guess cornerback.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Jamar Chase is holding out too. Some of these receivers act like spoiled kids.
Chase reported yesterday and practiced fully. Wonder if that means the extension is close. Really really hope Aiyuk and Williams keep the hold out going until at least the 3rd week.