OFFICIAL 2024 NFL News: Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Rumors are he just doesn't care really. Idk if true and don't know why he fell off a cliff but I agree, signing him for rest of year couldn't hurt given the fact no one else is tackling on our team. Maybe McVay can inspire him.
Completely agree, would NOT hurt to kick the tires on him and can't be worse than what we have.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Not a big Cap Hit either according to Spotrac

1728424462907.png

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
White would ostensibly appear to be a no-brainer but there must be a doubt about whether or not he would fit McVay’s ethos in terms of professionalism and application.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Devin White is interesting.

Still only 26 years old. He was the 5th overall pick in 2019; and was a day-one starter on some really good defenses, including a Super Bowl Champion.

Pretty durable, with just 8 missed games in 5 seasons; and was on-the-field for 95% of the defensive snaps in games he played ... so he consistently played all three downs. Productive, averaging 112 combined tackles each season.

However, it's tough to evaluate an off-ball-LB unless you watch him play week-in and week-out.

May have really declined in 2023 because he signed a very modest free agent contract with Philadelphia.

White has not even been game-day active this season. I don't know.
(EDIT: After seeing a couple articles that White has been a healthy scratch this season, I did see one report that said he has been dealing with an ankle injury.)

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Then I read up on what Eagles fans think of him. Hard pass this guy is not a Rams type player.

I just wonder a little about the Eagles' fans opinion here for two reasons ...
Eagles' fans are psychotic and emotional but even more so, White has not taken a single snap this season. White has been inactive every game. So, whatever the Eagles' fans have seen, they saw it in per-season games.

Now what they have read / heard locally ... such as reports of poor attitude or poor play ... could be interesting. I am going to see if I can find anything.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I just HATE that the Rams thought a Reeder and Rozeboom combination, backed-up by three more undrafted players, two of whom are rookies would be good enough.

Memphis Ram

Legend
White would ostensibly appear to be a no-brainer but there must be a doubt about whether or not he would fit McVay’s ethos in terms of professionalism and application.
He wouldn't be a good fit.

I recall reading about him given half arse effort and making business decisions when he was still in Tampa.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He wouldn't be a good fit.

I recall reading about him given half arse effort and making business decisions when he was still in Tampa.
Yeah, I really don't know but I just Hate what I have seen from the Rams' starting ILBs thus far.

I posted earlier that it's difficult (impossible) to evaluate an off-ball-linebacker unless you watch him play week-in and week-out. Certainly, Tampa was ready to move-on, and White did not get a significant free agent contract from Philadelphia.

I realize that one player does not make or break an entire defensive unit but I did go back and check Tampa's defensive team stats from 2020 through 2023; and in three of those seasons, the Bucs' run-defense was top-5 ... middle of the pack in the 4th season (2021). Plus, White was on-the-field 95% of Tampa's defensive snaps.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
White has the talent you want but teams don't like players who quit. It'll be interesting to see if anyone gives him a try.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rumors are he just doesn't care really. Idk if true and don't know why he fell off a cliff but I agree, signing him for rest of year couldn't hurt given the fact no one else is tackling on our team. Maybe McVay can inspire him.
Anything is better then our sad sack of shit LBs. We have to have the weakest LB core in the NFL by miles.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anything is better then our sad sack of shit LBs. We have to have the weakest LB core in the NFL by miles.
Who knows, maybe a guy like White sees the last chance opportunity and makes the most of it? Sure wouldnt hurt to kick the tires

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Who knows, maybe a guy like White sees the last chance opportunity and makes the most of it? Sure wouldnt hurt to kick the tires
It would definitely be a culture change for him. But if we get him, he has to start. A healthy scratch? or, maybe he's not actually healthy? Are the ankle issues for real? who knows. Would have to work him out first.
But ya, we've needed a real MLB for the longest time, and just when we started to think we had one, we shipped him out of town.
White would have to know he's on a short leash, and the moment it looks like he's slacking, he'd get yanked.