2024 Dodgers thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The rookie River Ryan sure making the most of his call up. 10 innings and no earned runs given up. Had a runner on 3rd with one out and struck out the next two batters. Dodgers lead 3-0 in the top of the 6th. The bad news is the bullpen has to come in sooner or later. They blew a 5 run lead last night. 3 runs is far from safe. In fact, probably not enough.

Edit: Just as I feared. Vesia comes in. Throws one pitch. A 2 run homer to make it 3-2. Dodger bullpen is really bad right now. Hard to find someone who can get outs. I knew that 3 run lead was not enough.

I'm thinking with the trade deadline approaching now the number one priority should be bullpen help. I don't know whats happened to Phillips. He was the presumed closer entering the season. They just needed him to get one out yesterday. And he couldn't manage that.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
The rookie River Ryan sure making the most of his call up. 10 innings and no earned runs given up. Had a runner on 3rd with one out and struck out the next two batters. Dodgers lead 3-0 in the top of the 6th. The bad news is the bullpen has to come in sooner or later. They blew a 5 run lead last night. 3 runs is far from safe. In fact, probably not enough.

Edit: Just as I feared. Vesia comes in. Throws one pitch. A 2 run homer to make it 3-2. Dodger bullpen is really bad right now. Hard to find someone who can get outs. I knew that 3 run lead was not enough.

I'm thinking with the trade deadline approaching now the number one priority should be bullpen help. I don't know whats happened to Phillips. He was the presumed closer entering the season. They just needed him to get one out yesterday. And he couldn't manage that.
I am hoping that some of our injured relievers will start to come back and help out too.

But yeah - lets get some bullpen help.

Phillips has lost his confidence right now.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
This too shall pass boys. Just the dog days going on here. We need Mookie, Freddie and Muncy back.

Now is not the time to peak, we've seen that movie before.

Hopefully come October we will be the healthiest we have been all year and then its time to go.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Man, Arizona and San Diego sure as hell making it a division race! And setting themselves up for the Wild Card if the Dodgers can keep them at bay.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This too shall pass boys. Just the dog days going on here. We need Mookie, Freddie and Muncy back.

Now is not the time to peak, we've seen that movie before.

Hopefully come October we will be the healthiest we have been all year and then its time to go.
Its been tougher than expected. Losing those 3 hurt. Losing Yamamoto hurt too. But they still could have enjoyed a nice lead in the division if the bullpen could have held their own. Losing 5 run leads 3 times in two weeks is not good.

I think the hope was that Buehler would regain his form. Miller would continue to ascend. Kershaw would come back and stabilize the rotation. Those things have not happened. Flaherty was a good addition. Pitching well tonight. Hopefully Yamamoto returns soon. And Mookie, Freddie and Muncy can come back and give the offense a boost.

They still have a lead. But if those guys stay out much longer it might not hold. Especially the way the bullpen has been pitching.

Tano

Legend
Its been tougher than expected. Losing those 3 hurt. Losing Yamamoto hurt too. But they still could have enjoyed a nice lead in the division if the bullpen could have held their own. Losing 5 run leads 3 times in two weeks is not good.

I think the hope was that Buehler would regain his form. Miller would continue to ascend. Kershaw would come back and stabilize the rotation. Those things have not happened. Flaherty was a good addition. Pitching well tonight. Hopefully Yamamoto returns soon. And Mookie, Freddie and Muncy can come back and give the offense a boost.

They still have a lead. But if those guys stay out much longer it might not hold. Especially the way the bullpen has been pitching.
The bullpen reminds me of the arson squad that the angels had in the mid 70s