2024 Dodgers thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well Roberts just had to say it.

Everytime he says someone should only be out a short time - it turns out to be 3 months or more

Well Glasnow is on the injured list and Roberts said it. I don't see Glasnow back any time soon. Maybe the end of September.
Hopefully the all star break will give these guys a much needed rest.
We definitely need Glasgow back.
Yamamoto as well.

Buhler and Miller need to find, what they seem to have lost.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hopefully the all star break will give these guys a much needed rest.
We definitely need Glasgow back.
Yamamoto as well.

Buhler and Miller need to find, what they seem to have lost.
Funny that the all star break is really the all sports break.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers just need to hang in there as best they can. Fortunately the other teams in the division aren't faring too well so far. But the injuries are starting to change things. Glasnow out. Yamamoto out. Buehler and Miller can't seem to find there way back to form so far. Miller was sent down. Betts still have a few weeks. Not sure about Muncy. Stone and Knack are doing ok but with the offense struggling they need a true ace caliber stopper. They're about to get swept by the Phillies. Brewers are one game back of the Dodgers now. The number 2 seed is important as it is also a first round bye.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Dodgers just need to hang in there as best they can. Fortunately the other teams in the division aren't faring too well so far. But the injuries are starting to change things. Glasnow out. Yamamoto out. Buehler and Miller can't seem to find there way back to form so far. Miller was sent down. Betts still have a few weeks. Not sure about Muncy. Stone and Knack are doing ok but with the offense struggling they need a true ace caliber stopper. They're about to get swept by the Phillies. Brewers are one game back of the Dodgers now. The number 2 seed is important as it is also a first round bye.
You know I don't really know if getting a top 2 seed means all that much.

If you win the 3 games series at home you go in with momentum against a team that had a week off.

Not a bad way to do it really...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You know I don't really know if getting a top 2 seed means all that much.

If you win the 3 games series at home you go in with momentum against a team that had a week off.

Not a bad way to do it really...
There's that. But the team who didn't have to play can set up the rotation with their best from the start. The team who battled for 3 games might have to start the number 4 guy in the rotation game 1. In a 7 game series maybe it isn't that crucial. But a 5 game series might be.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
There's that. But the team who didn't have to play can set up the rotation with their best from the start. The team who battled for 3 games might have to start the number 4 guy in the rotation game 1. In a 7 game series maybe it isn't that crucial. But a 5 game series might be.
I think the top 2 seeds in this new format are like 2-10....something like that. And with all the off days b/c of TV you can set your rotation anyway. 2020 was great because no days off so you really need a whole staff to win....

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Tough weekend for Yohan Ramirez. Gave up a walk off homerun yesterday. Gave up a walk off hit today. Dodger bullpen blew a 5 run lead in the 9th yesterday and a one run lead in the 9th today.

They're really gonna have to pull up their britches and bear down now. Glasnow is out. Yamamoto just got moved to the 60 day IL. Paxton has been giving up a lot of runs lately. Betts is still a few weeks away. Don't even know if Muncy will be back.

Not sure if they can find any legit starting pitchers to supplement Stone and Knack. They've doing ok lately but being young guys can they expect consistency out of them the rest of the way?

The only saving grace is no one in the division is taking advantage of their situation. Roberts is gonna have to figure out who in the bullpen he can rely on. With the starting pitching situation a stronger bullpen is needed. Right now they can't be counted on. The deadline is approaching. If they don't want to give up their lead I think they have to find some starting pitching to hold it down till Glasnow and Yamamoto return.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
They are losing the battles to win the war.

Just get in the dance, get healthy, and get hot at the right time. NO reason to peak in July, we have seen that movie before.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Ohtani making his presence known in the all star game. In a big way. 3 run homerun. Right now he's the front runner for MVP if they win. With Hernandez winning the homerun derby two Dodgers are showing up big in all star week.

Of course Giants pitcher Logan Webb comes in and gives up two runs right away. Maybe he doesn't want Ohtani to get the MVP.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Just when I thought they were gonna be slumping they sweep the Red Sox and win the first game against the Giants. I thought they might have trouble playing .500 ball until they get guys back from the disable list. If they play above .500 until then its gonna be tough for the Padres and D-Backs to climb into contention for the division. Like @Rams8821 said, just get there. But I still prefer a first round bye. Can set up the rotation with the top 3 guys well rested.

Tano

Legend
They need to send Yancy down if they can. He is just absolutely horrible right now.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not a dominating start by Kershaw. But pretty good considering its his first game this year. 4 innings. 2 runs. 6 K's. Not bad. Dodgers take 3 out of 4 from the Giants. Ohtani hit his 31st homer today. Still keeping that lead. When they get some guys back they should be in better shape.

A little surprised they optioned Paxton. But the rookie River Ryan looked pretty good a couple nights ago in his first MLB start. Not sure he's a guy they can count on in October. But he might give them a good arm the last couple months. Glasnow is back. Yamamoto probably won't return till September.

I don't know if they have enough this year to win the World Series. But next year Ohtani will be pitching. With Glasnow and Yamamoto they should have 3 aces in that rotation. Hopefully Buehler can return to form. And Dustin May could be available. Bobby Miller needs more time in the minors. He's got great stuff. He just hasn't figured out the difference between a thrower and a pitcher.

Tano

Legend
Not a dominating start by Kershaw. But pretty good considering its his first game this year. 4 innings. 2 runs. 6 K's. Not bad. Dodgers take 3 out of 4 from the Giants. Ohtani hit his 31st homer today. Still keeping that lead. When they get some guys back they should be in better shape.

A little surprised they optioned Paxton. But the rookie River Ryan looked pretty good a couple nights ago in his first MLB start. Not sure he's a guy they can count on in October. But he might give them a good arm the last couple months. Glasnow is back. Yamamoto probably won't return till September.

I don't know if they have enough this year to win the World Series. But next year Ohtani will be pitching. With Glasnow and Yamamoto they should have 3 aces in that rotation. Hopefully Buehler can return to form. And Dustin May could be available. Bobby Miller needs more time in the minors. He's got great stuff. He just hasn't figured out the difference between a thrower and a pitcher.
I agree with you. At the beginning of the year, I was saying world series bound with Glasnow Miller and Yamamoto and getting a healthy Kershaw Buehler back.

But Buehler is not himself from the injury yet and Miller seems to have lost his touch. I have a feeling Miller is not challenging hitters enough and has lost confidence in himself. It happens.

And losing Yamamoto has really hurt the team.

Every time I cringe whenever Roberts says a player is probably only going to be out a few weeks.

Almost every time I hear that from Roberts, the player usually does not come back for two to three months.