OFFICIAL 2023 season ending thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Have to look around the NFC and see who the top threats will be the next few yrs. To me its obviously SF, then GB with Jordan Love and their young roster, and then Detroit because their cap situation is very good so they will get better.

They all have explosive offenses and especially passing game weapons.

So pass rush and secondary are critical and while that might seem obvious in the NFL today, it is especially important when dealing with those teams.

The good thing is, with cap room and premium picks, the Rams should be able to add 7-8 quality players to improve the roster. While OL depth and another young top caliber WR is needed, I would look to add guys at every level of that defense. From an explosive inside rusher, to an edge rusher, a young athletic LB to pair with Jones, to a high caliber vet CB, and a young high draft pick at CB.

If they can do all of that, this becomes a 12-13 win team as long as Stafford stays upright.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Got this e-mail from the Rams...
Anyone see themselves in this photo???

Attachments

• RAMS-Fans.jpg
    RAMS-Fans.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 35

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Got this e-mail from the Rams...
Anyone see themselves in this photo???
Yup. What I found interesting in that email is that the Rams did not mention Cooper Kupp...

"Throughout the season, we saw the emergence of rookies Puka Nacua, Kobie Turner, Byron Young and Steve Avila along with a breakout season by Kyren Williams. Combined with the continued strong performances from Matthew Stafford, Aaron Donald, Ernest Jones and others, the future of your Rams is bright and we’re looking forward to 2024".

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Rewatched the game and Redzone is where we lost this one. Our offense down there was brutal against Detroit. McVay seemed to be trying to spring Kupp on stacked releases, but Kupp just couldn't create any space for Stafford to put the ball on him. We seemed to have little interest in trying to run the ball down there.

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Mcvay channeling his inner Martz cost us the game as much as anything else. Run the ball dumb ass!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm surprisingly content. Sure, I wanted to win that game. But I know how hard it can be just to make the playoffs. Especially a team with so many new players. We need to put this in perspective. Looking at the roster a winning season is very impressive. I'm sure most, if not all of us did not expect a winning season or playoff appearance.

Last year it was bleak. They lost a number a players who helped with the Superbowl run. Kevin Demoff sent that letter. Wasn't hard to read between the lines. No free agent signings of any significance. No money for anything better. No first round pick. Just a bunch of late round picks.

Now we go into the offseason with a much better outlook. A group of good young players along with a few vets. Not as many holes to fill. More cap money and nice complement of draft picks. Whats not to like about that?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I wish I could agree with you on this. But I feel protective of the defensive side in regard to how difficult a job it is to tackle in today's league. Feels like banning low tackles would make defenses much worse.

For myself I've always said once this league gets to full flag football, which feels inevitable in this age of fear and nitpicking, that I'll be watching something else. Still feel that way. So again wish I could agree because I'm sick for Higs on this one.
I think its BS to not allow hard hits but targeting knees as recklessly as Kerby did is pussy shit at best. There's plenty examples of smaller safety's lighting up TEs by simply smashing into them in their chest, stomach, waist area. The problem is that some of these players make lame ass excuses that they can't tackle. If they used proper form with a hit and wrap, they'd not have to worry about blowing someone's lower limbs out. I also think they do the low hits because they are too scared to lay the wood. I would like yo to also add that I wish they'd review hard ass hits up top that get flagged to ensure they do indeed lead with the head first or not as that would help promote hits in that area.

dang

Legend
Yup. What I found interesting in that email is that the Rams did not mention Cooper Kupp...

"Throughout the season, we saw the emergence of rookies Puka Nacua, Kobie Turner, Byron Young and Steve Avila along with a breakout season by Kyren Williams. Combined with the continued strong performances from Matthew Stafford, Aaron Donald, Ernest Jones and others, the future of your Rams is bright and we’re looking forward to 2024".
Kupp wasn’t a rookie, breakout player or strong performer this year. But he will be back. More interesting to me is no acknowledgment of Havenstein having a strong year as his play and leadership qualifies.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
This sequence of plays is still bugging me.
1st drive.
First and goal from the 6 yard line.
1st down. Stafford incomplete short left.
2nd down. Stafford incomplete short left.
3rd down. Stafford incomplete short left.
Field goal.

2nd redzone attempt 3rd quarter.
First and 10 at 11 yard line.
1st down. Stafford incomplete short right.
2nd down. Nacua jet one yard loss.
3rd down. Stafford short middle for 4 yards.
Field goal.

3rd redzone attempt.
1st and 10 at the 13 yard line.
1st down. Williams up the middle out of shotgun for a one yard loss. Why shotgun?
2nd down. Stafford short left for 3 yards.
3rd down. Stafford incomplete short left.
Field goal.

A lot of the passes were meant for Kupp and none were completed save the short middle one for 4 yards on 3rd and 11. Just a maddening sequence of redzone plays in my opinion. Detroit to that point was 28th or so defending in the redzone.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah McVay probably expected to do well in the redzone and rightly so. It was the story of the game. But that's football.

It would be nice if they could get more TD passes from outside the redzone. That miss to Kupp was probably one that didn't happen.

Still pissed about it but we still could have won that game if Higs hauls that pass in. But this never was gonna be our year. So it was almost a mercy to get bumped right away.