OFFICIAL 2023 season ending thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Let’s be respectful to each other folks. Celebrate and vent with class my Rams brothers.

I thought the no calls in the second half were shady. I can appreciate letting them play a bit more in the post season but a couple of those (roughing on Stafford and holding Nacua) were clearly home town BS.

But as a whole, our D wasn’t good enough to overcome that horrific first half.

For anyone who cares, Stafford outplayed Goff, Nacua outplayed Amon-Rah. Our offensive guys were better. No surprise there.

The Lions won in the trenches. Period.

We’re just a few pieces away from the mountain top again. I cannot fucking wait for next season.

The Rams almost got it done tonight. I love this team. Fuck the rest.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Let’s be respectful to each other folks. Celebrate and vent with class my Rams brothers.

I thought the no calls in the second half were shady. I can appreciate letting them play a bit more in the post season but a couple of those (roughing on Stafford and holding Nacua) were clearly home town BS.

But as a whole, our D wasn’t good enough to overcome that horrific first half.

For anyone who cares, Stafford outplayed Goff, Nacua outplayed Amon-Rah. Our offensive guys were better. No surprise there.

The Lions won in the trenches. Period.

We’re just a few pieces away from the mountain top again. I cannot fucking wait for next season.

The Rams almost got it done tonight. I love this team. Fuck the rest.
They gave up 24 points.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Rams made a lot with a little right down to the end. Just convert one of those Redzone trips and things are different.

What a coaching job.
What more can you ask from Puka when the lights were brightest? Fun season.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A really good game and a really good offense.

We need more depth on offense and more of a lot of things in defense. But we knew that coming into the season. What we didn't know is that they would still be good enough to make the playoffs and come thiiiiiiis close to winning a game in the big dance.

Kudos boys. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Ellard80

Legend
They gave up 24 points.

the defense did enough to give us a chance at the end.

But he isn't wrong in saying the defense had a horrific 1st half.. because it was like 248 yards and 21 pts.

However, the D got us the ball back with 7 min left - that was the time to win and we couldn't do it.

That was the ball game.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Disappointing outcome, but I feel good heading into the offseason. Likely will be McVay's first time drafting in the 1st round barring a trade and more cap space to splurge in FA. Excited to see what we build off of heading into next season

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But he isn't wrong in saying the defense had a horrific 1st half.. because it was like 248 yards and 21 pts.

However, the D got us the ball back with 7 min left - that was the time to win and we couldn't do it.

That was the ball game.
D hurt us in the 1st half and kept us in it in the 2nd half. Unlike the Lions we came up short every time in the red zone, that IMO was the difference in the game. Just one of those FG's becomes a TD and it's a different story. But happy with this team for sure overall.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rams team far exceeded my expectations. Hate seeing it end on bullshit calls at the end. The ref BS needs to change quite honestly as it has ruined many games this year. Proud of our young Rams team and look forward to replacing players where we need much more improvement from. We'll have money to spend and our team will be even better next year for it. I feel we'll definitely be more of a contender next year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morris made some adjustments and we began to give some resistance but it wasn’t soon enough. Brutal first half defensively.

The red zone was frustrating but the big plays kept us in it. Stafford and Nacua gutted this motherfucker out. Made the plays.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Clearly the better team. Just couldn't convert in the red zone today, couldn't trust our kicker to ever try from distance all day (Badgley somehow hit from 54 for the Lions), and yes, the refs in the 2nd half really hurt us.

Pretty surreal that - in a rebuild year - the Rams are likely the best roster in the NFC behind SF, and as we saw early in the year, could easily beat them when on our game. "Any given Sunday". Next year looks promising with all of our draft picks and so much cap space.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Puka made this year fun. Kobie and Young got me excited for next year. Let’s go rams.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

That was the ball game.
The wording made it sound like the Rams gave up the game in the first.

And.. yes, you’re absolutely right.

Ellard80

Legend
D hurt us in the 1st half and kept us in it in the 2nd half. Unlike the Lions we came up short every time in the red zone, that IMO was the difference in the game. Just one of those FG's becomes a TD and it's a different story. But happy with this team for sure overall.
yeah, the defense did what it has done a lot this year - it was good enough to give Stafford the ball with a chance to win.

This time we couldn't quite do it.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I just want to say how much I appreciate having Stafford as quarterback. He is truly a special player. I don't know how long he plans to play but I'll enjoy having him for as long as we do. He won't be easily replaced.

Great, surprising, fun year.

Now we look ahead. And like Arnold says: We'll be back!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Morris made some adjustments and we began to give some resistance but it wasn’t soon enough. Brutal first half defensively.

The red zone was frustrating but the big plays kept us in it. Stafford and Nacua gutted this motherfucker out. Made the plays.
Why wasn’t it “soon enough”?

I’m just curious about the competing narratives you have… an underperforming offense “kept us in it”… but the D gave up the game in the first?

How does that work?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Said in other thread fun as hell season. Top 5 pick lolz. I enjoyed watching Matt Staff sling all them lazers. Puka is legit. Kobie is legit. Earnest Jones is legit. Kyren is a star. AD and Cooper bounce back next year.

But i aint ready for offseason shit. Still football for me. The focus now is getting rid of that forty shitter fart cloud. I don't care who it is. Go rest of NFC for that.

And go Texans.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams need to get more explosive on both sides of the ball.. can’t even try to run n outside with the backs they have.. Kupp is slowing down.. no real edge pressure and no corner who can make plays.