OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Am I the only one who hates the "it's all for 2024" shit? Like, what? We're supposed to be OK with punting a season away?
If it gets the Rams back to the NFC Championship game in the next 2 to 3 years, then yes, I'm all for it.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Optimistic maybe, but I look at it as if they can keep Stafford upright, then they will be competitive.

And I have to have belief that McVay knows that and is smart enough to put a good OL in front of him if he wants to not only be competitive, but also if he wants Stafford to stick around for 24' when they have some cap room.
I agree McVay is a smart guy, but smarts only get a team so far that's short on talent. Bill Billcheat (who I fuckin despise) has struggled to get his teams back on track no matter how smart a guy he is because he's ultimately missing the talent needed to put his team on top. We do have an advantage having Stafford at QB, but that o-line we have now is just slightly above mediocre at best. When we face teams with legit defense of lines, we will get owned and get handled physically while they are getting to Stafford.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The OL will be better if they just have a normal injury yr.
Nothing can be worse than last year right? If it is, I might develop a horrible drinking habit prior to all games lol.....it should be better yes, but contending better? I'm skeptical there

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Durrant, Kendrick, Rochell and Jolly at CB. They're gonna get torched.
It's the off-season. They will probably draft 3 CB's and sign a couple of veterans before training camp starts. I don't think the defensive backfield will be as bad as you think.

Tano

Legend
We have gone against the grain thought outside the box and actually in many ways made trades in the NFL a thing. I hope they continue to be visionaries and leaders not followers. Im always going to be a diehard but I am not good with looking at 2024 or wasting a year of stafford Kupp or AD. I believe the plan is in place and it may not be wt everyone thinks or at least I hope so or they become part of the herd. I don’t need blockbusters every week but I at least hope to see some additions that can keep us competitive in 2023. I don’t want a full season of preseason.
After Stafford went down last year, it became a bunch of preseason games with a lucky win against the Raiders and a win against the even more preseason team Broncos

I am thinking this will be more of the same this year. Oh well - at least I can get work done around the house on Sundays.

Edit - I see a lot of triple teaming on Donald with no edge support

dang

Legend
OBJ is a goof. Always has, always will
OBJ and Dweebo are cut from the same cloth. Very talented and emotional guys. If they’re on your team you ignore the later in favor of the former. If they’re not on your team they are flakes.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is there anyone left we can sign as a backup QB? Surprised we haven't been linked to anyone there.
I'm yur huckleberry...

0lj78KH.jpg

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It appears (Spotrac) the Rams decided to designate Bobby Wagner’s release as pre-June 1.

That’s higher Dead-$ in 2023 but more cap space in 2024.

Ramsey, Floyd and Wagner alone will count around $46M against the Rams’ 2023 cap, as Dead-$.

However, they are off the Books after this season; and those three guys alone should provide $60M of cap space in 2024.

If I am correct, the message to all my fellow Rams’ fans is to be healthy and stay alive. Need to, at least, make it through 2024.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It appears (Spotrac) the Rams decided to designate Bobby Wagner’s release as pre-June 1.

That’s higher Dead-$ in 2023 but more cap space in 2024.

Ramsey, Floyd and Wagner alone will count around $46M against the Rams’ 2023 cap, as Dead-$.

However, they are off the Books after this season; and those three guys alone should provide $60M of cap space in 2024.

If I am correct, the message to all my fellow Rams’ fans is to be healthy and stay alive. Need to, at least, make it through 2024.
So theoretically, they could sign a free agent or two to a contract with a low 2023 number and a higher number in 2024-25 without seriously denting that 60 mil number? Gaines? Someone from outside the organization? Yeah I think these guys are dumb like a fox.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So theoretically, they could sign a free agent or two to a contract with a low 2023 number and a higher number in 2024-25 without seriously denting that 60 mil number? Gaines? Someone from outside the organization? Yeah I think these guys are dumb like a fox.
Could also restructure Kupp to move some of his contract to 24'. And reality is they will open up more space on 24' if they move Robinsin next yr or later this Spring. Or Allen etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.