OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, looks like 2023 is going to be tough to watch so far. Wasted year for our pillars might be in the cards which I'm not a fan of.
We need to start looking for new pillars for the future.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm really baffled at the fact that we are losing a lot of players (solid guys, not game changers except Ramsey) with little cap being used so far, and little draft capital to replace those departures and people don't think we'll take a step back if we don't add solid talent? Don't get me wrong, I'm going to root my ass off for us to win every game like I have since I became a Ram fan at the tender age of 7, but I just can't ignore we'll be showing up with knives to a gun fight if we don't get more ammo.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We need to start looking for new pillars for the future.
I get that part, don't necessarily like it since I'd love to go balls to the wall for Staff, AD, and Kupp, but if they are indeed going that route, which it looks like, I'll cheer them on the whole way to make the right moves

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Well she did say it’s a year early and seeing that some of those players barely contributed this year it’s logical to think they were planning on losing Rapp and Scott at safety along with Long at corner.

Ouch. I forgot about Long. That means the Rams are changing out their entire starting defensive backfield.

Well, here’s to all of those 2nd year guys making a big leap forward.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm really baffled at the fact that we are losing a lot of players ... with little cap being used so far, and little draft capital to replace those departures and people don't think we'll take a step back if we don't add solid talent?

Do you really think are lot of posters are NOT expecting a tough 2023 for the Rams?

I get the frustration, disappointment and even anger but I think most posters are accepting what appears to be a challenging season, with an under-manned roster for 2023.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Ouch. I forgot about Long. That means the Rams are changing out their entire starting defensive backfield.

Well, here’s to all of those 2nd year guys making a big leap forward.

The Rams are working a different approach this year ...

Proud Of You Running GIF by 60 Second Docs

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Do you really think are lot of posters are NOT expecting a tough 2023 for the Rams?

I get the frustration, disappointment and even anger but I think most posters are accepting what appears to be a challenging season, with an under-manned roster for 2023.
I'm not numbering the amount of people who think so nor trying to single anyone out, but I do understand the majority know it's gonna be a tough year. However there will always be others that are a little too optimistic, call it homerism to a fault, about this upcoming season. I'm not angered by it, just baffled and astounded by that thought process is all. That post was for those folks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When they said, "Run it Back" I had no idea that they meant "Back" to 2008.

Just kidding....

*sorta*

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Trust me, I'd rather we not tank, but holding on to that 2024 money and not spending it speaks volumes. I could care less what they say because no team ever comes out and says, yeah we are tanking this coming year to a fan base. It's a great way to reduce revenue for sure. I guess I'm just looking at the model that NFL teams with young talented QBs use which is, get a really good, young QB on a cheap contract and pay like a motherfucker to surround him with talent since the QB cap hits are the most crippling. I could be wrong but that's what their actions are showing so far. That could definitely change if they make some moves none of us expects.
We have gone against the grain thought outside the box and actually in many ways made trades in the NFL a thing. I hope they continue to be visionaries and leaders not followers. Im always going to be a diehard but I am not good with looking at 2024 or wasting a year of stafford Kupp or AD. I believe the plan is in place and it may not be wt everyone thinks or at least I hope so or they become part of the herd. I don’t need blockbusters every week but I at least hope to see some additions that can keep us competitive in 2023. I don’t want a full season of preseason.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm not numbering the amount of people who think so nor trying to single anyone out, but I do understand the majority know it's gonna be a tough year. However there will always be others that are a little too optimistic, call it homerism to a fault, about this upcoming season. I'm not angered by it, just baffled and astounded by that thought process is all. That post was for those folks.

OK. I understand and mostly agree. There were posters that thought the Rams would be elite heading into this season. I thought they were overly optimistic.

On the other end, there are also negative posters; and, while I agree there's plenty of room to be negative right now, some posters tend to lean-negative.

My all time favorite thread is the Vent Thread following the late-November, 2021 loss to the Packers. It's easy to find. It's currently on page 80 of Rams / NFL Talk. The Rams were coming-off a win-less November, and many posters (including me) were frustrated, disappointed and angry (many of the same emotions as right now).

Some posters were convinced that the Rams' 2021 season was done. I mean absolutely convinced. Extreme shit ... "Same Old Rams ... Won't Win Another Game ... Time to Clean House." It's right there for anyone to read. It's a good read every once in a while for a perspective on being a fan of a football team.

From the time that Thread was closed, the Rams won 9-of-10 and the Super Bowl.
Interestingly, some of the most negative posters from that thread, are the most negative right now.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Optimistic maybe, but I look at it as if they can keep Stafford upright, then they will be competitive.

And I have to have belief that McVay knows that and is smart enough to put a good OL in front of him if he wants to not only be competitive, but also if he wants Stafford to stick around for 24' when they have some cap room.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get that part, don't necessarily like it since I'd love to go balls to the wall for Staff, AD, and Kupp, but if they are indeed going that route, which it looks like, I'll cheer them on the whole way to make the right moves
Doesn't mean we have to move on from the old pillars. We need some young studs they can pass the torch to.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Durrant, Kendrick, Rochell and Jolly at CB. They're gonna get torched.
They will spend a high pick on a CB...still might not be great to expect much from a rookie, but it will be a year of learning and hoping the O can put up points.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
OK. I understand and mostly agree. There were posters that thought the Rams would be elite heading into this season. I thought they were overly optimistic.

On the other end, there are also negative posters; and, while I agree there's plenty of room to be negative right now, some posters tend to lean-negative.

My all time favorite thread is the Vent Thread following the late-November, 2021 loss to the Packers. It's easy to find. It's currently on page 80 of Rams / NFL Talk. The Rams were coming-off a win-less November, and many posters (including me) were frustrated, disappointed and angry (many of the same emotions as right now).

Some posters were convinced that the Rams' 2021 season was done. I mean absolutely convinced. Extreme shit ... "Same Old Rams ... Won't Win Another Game ... Time to Clean House." It's right there for anyone to read. It's a good read every once in a while for a perspective on being a fan of a football team.

From the time that Thread was closed, the Rams won 9-of-10 and the Super Bowl.
Interestingly, some of the most negative posters from that thread, are the most negative right now.
Well I can't answer for them but I try to be reasonable as I can. I hope the Rams can prove me wrong but man have we lost some solid guys and it's going to be hard to compete without them. I get it's a necessary growing pain if we are reloading starting in 24, it's just going to be hard to watch our Rams get smashed on more than usual. Hopefully we find some youngsters that rise to the challenge since a good young player on a cheap contract gives us the flexibility to focus on other needs in 24 if we ultimately go that route.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
They will spend a high pick on a CB...still might not be great to expect much from a rookie, but it will be a year of learning and hoping the O can put up points.
Hopefully we find some diamonds in the rough cuz it will be rough for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.