OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It's not that far fetched.

Kupp and AD are virtual locks for being all pros. Stafford less likely, but your overall point is that he plays like he did two years ago I think. That is very possible as well.

It all hinges on the OL - and the things is, if you look at 2019, it was bad because of injuries but once that stabilized, the Rams with an interior of: a rookie fifth rounder, Blythe and Corbett completely stabilized for the last five games or so.

Corbett was brand new and Blythe was awful, yet McVay made it work with consistency. So despite the seeming lack of overall talent on the OL, let's just assume that we have better injury luck and have a semblance of a run game....i.e. Akers finally puts together a full season.

Kupp/Jefferson/Atwell/Sko are a fine quartet of WRs when you factor that we have the best WR in the league. Look at what he was doing last year before getting hurt.

That assumes we draft nothing for the OL, and invest in pass rushers, ILB, CB, etc. With a good draft our defense could be an average unit, and if the OL stabilizes or just even returns to the form it was in 2020 when we could run the damn ball - this is a 12 win team.

I'm certainly seeing it differently. The Rams appear to be about 2024, and this year we only have a 2'nd and two 3'rd round draft picks, after that it's likely to be only 5'th, 6'th and 7'th round developmental players. I can easily see the Rams spending their first 3 picks on an Edge, a back-up QB, and a TE, after that, who knows, although I think we can all agree that we'll need a kicker somewhere along the line. With this OL, keeping Stafford upright might seem very important, but with him out, where do we go from there. Unless free agency brings in a couple of surprises we're in trouble, and how many of you are really expecting that ?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
This is the summary of Jourdan’s article on the Ramsey trade:
View attachment 59152

Maybe it’s because the Rams have lacked premium picks and don’t count on guys being ready in their first year, but they DID draft 2 CBs and 2 Safeties last year. Letting Rapp and Scott walk and trying to unload Ramsey were not ideas that just came up. The Rams were preparing for this.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Losing so many starters, no legitimate backup qb, a backfield that likley will be torched regularly, its very possible Rams could end up with the #1 pick next year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe it’s because the Rams have lacked premium picks and don’t count on guys being ready in their first year, but they DID draft 2 CBs and 2 Safeties last year. Letting Rapp and Scott walk and trying to unload Ramsey were not ideas that just came up. The Rams were preparing for this.
Well she did say it’s a year early and seeing that some of those players barely contributed this year it’s logical to think they were planning on losing Rapp and Scott at safety along with Long at corner.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Some of my Raider fan friends are concerned that Jimmy G has postponed his press conference and contract signing.

I find it rather ironic he's having second thoughts to playing in the City that hosts the AVNs (that's NSFW if you need to look it up).

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Losing so many starters, no legitimate backup qb, a backfield that likley will be torched regularly, its very possible Rams could end up with the #1 pick next year.
I don't think a top 10 pick is outside the realm of possibilities. JMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Another solid vet backup off the market. Minshew to Colts for 3.5/per. Decent RB off market too with Foreman to Bears 3/per

And, somehow some way, the Eagles managed to cut and resign Slay in the matter of a few days.. The magic of a rookie QB contract is amazing honestly.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Some of my Raider fan friends are concerned that Jimmy G has postponed his press conference and contract signing.

I find it rather ironic he's having second thoughts to playing in the City that hosts the AVNs (that's NSFW if you need to look it up).
Maybe he's avoiding a crazy ex :laugh4:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
None of those 3 were mistakes. All did what was asked of them and did it very well.
They made more mistakes last offseason than was normal, so I am talking generally as well. Those mistakes couple with the vets getting older like Ramsey and the decision to go with an underpowered OL and safeties that were not suited to the way Morris wanted to call it, it was a lot just didn't feel like citing all of it to make the point.

Rams generally make mistakes on contracts but they cut bait and move on very well. Problem is they seriously miscalculated on some shit last year which is in some ways understandable given they were busy celebrating a fantastic title.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Another solid vet backup off the market. Minshew to Colts for 3.5/per. Decent RB off market too with Foreman to Bears 3/per

And, somehow some way, the Eagles managed to cut and resign Slay in the matter of a few days.. The magic of a rookie QB contract is amazing honestly.
Kinda crazy we can't afford these cheap rates for quality players. This whole we are getting rid of players to tip the scales towards the offense isn't coming true so far.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Colts are pissing money away at QB. I just think that's an unnecessary add for them since they're gonna draft a QB too and also have Foles and Ehlinger (3rd or 4th round pick).

I'd try to get Ehlinger from them now he might be cheap. Limited arm but it's a backup job and he moves well.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kinda crazy we can't afford these cheap rates for quality players. This whole we are getting rid of players to tip the scales towards the offense isn't coming true so far.

The Rams almost need to pay 10% more just because of our state income taxes.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The Rams almost need to pay 10% more just because of our state income taxes.
Yeah that definitely gets taken into account by players but we have almost 60 mil in cap space for 2024 so they aren't broke, they just don't want to spend it is the indication given so far.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The way they're aggressively saving for 2024 I don't think they intend to add many contracts to the books. If it's a multi-year deal it will have to be extremely cost effective. If it's a one year deal it might not even be worth it.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The way they're aggressively saving for 2024 I don't think they intend to add many contracts to the books. If it's a multi-year deal it will have to be extremely cost effective. If it's a one year deal it might not even be worth it.
I agree, looks like 2023 is going to be tough to watch so far. Wasted year for our pillars might be in the cards which I'm not a fan of.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah that definitely gets taken into account by players but we have almost 60 mil in cap space for 2024 so they aren't broke, they just don't want to spend it is the indication given so far.

Yep, it also doesn't seem to be holding the 49'ers back this year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm calling it, if we rely on just drafting rookies and no real quality additions in FA, we are tanking for Caleb. Seems to me maybe the Rams are trying to go the cheap rookie QB contract surrounded by talent route.

Status
Not open for further replies.