OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vikings signed Byron Murphy for 2 years , 22 million. That kidna annoys me (slightly lol). That's the kinda cost effective corner deal I think we need.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ebukham is leaving niners.
Still doing well.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can someone please tell me where all those folks from a week or two ago that were saying how the CAP didn't mean sh*t went ?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Don't be salty, just saying Ramsey is better than Waller and not injury prone so that alone should have garnered a 2nd round pick at least. Are you honestly saying we got fair draft compensation for Ramsey? Not sure why a fact like that would bother some. We should have gotten more but didn't and it's sad we didn't cuz we could have used it a lot more than a 3rd to get more picks by trading back.

Who's salty? I'm trying to understand it rather than just go "only a 3rd round pick rabble rabble rabble".

A comp...Stephon Gilmore got traded for a 5th round pick, but before when he was younger his second deal w/ NE was for $65 mil. And he *was* a stud for them until 2020...and then gets traded for, a SIXTH ROUND PICK to Carolina and we're just talking about a year difference in age to what Jalen Ramsey is right now when that happened.

Think about it...a 6th round pick for a guy that was a stud at the same position. Jalen is starting to show signs of that dating to the SB run. Dude is starting to get cooked more often by other younger WRs. I posted the #s in the other thread.

So yeah, a 3rd round pick is actually pretty accurate for what he wanted to get paid, age, and probable path forward. Dude isn't the same guy from in 2019. He's just not.

I think fans overvalue both players and draft picks. Those 2 things aren't the fantasy assets that fans want. Reality is the players almost always gonna go much less than expected and vice versa. I already saw the majority of the comments "ohhh Darren Waller for a 3rd Raiders got fleeced hurr hurr hurr". Stop.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Of course you do.

Samuel L Jackson Smiling GIF by Apple TV+

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Who's salty? I'm trying to understand it rather than just go "only a 3rd round pick rabble rabble rabble".

A comp...Stephon Gilmore got traded for a 5th round pick, but before when he was younger his second deal w/ NE was for $65 mil. And he *was* a stud for them until 2020...and then gets traded for, a SIXTH ROUND PICK to Carolina and we're just talking about a year difference in age to what Jalen Ramsey is right now when that happened.

Think about it...a 6th round pick for a guy that was a stud at the same position. Jalen is starting to show signs of that dating to the SB run. Dude is starting to get cooked more often by other younger WRs. I posted the #s in the other thread.

So yeah, a 3rd round pick is actually pretty accurate for what he wanted to get paid, age, and probable path forward. Dude isn't the same guy from in 2019. He's just not.

I think fans overvalue both players and draft picks. Those 2 things aren't the fantasy assets that fans want. Reality is the players almost always gonna go much less than expected and vice versa. I already saw the majority of the comments "ohhh Darren Waller for a 3rd Raiders got fleeced hurr hurr hurr". Stop.
Sorry, the response sounded that way. No one is overvaluing. It's simple, Ramsey should be worth more than Waller in trade compensation. It's sad that he isn't is all I'm saying. I didn't say anything about blaming anyone just said it's sad it's that way. Some folks try to read way too much into things.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stephon Gilmore got traded for a 5th round pick
Yeah he is further down that slope. I suspect the Rams were trying to get him on the cheap last year this time but Irsay got stupid. Serves him right.

Shows how quick the decline can hit with corners.

oldnotdead

Legend
People overvalue draft picks. The vast majority never validate their draft position. Then many of those same people overvalue aging vets.
IMO the key is to find those young vets in their first contract or coming off their first contract who have proven they can play at this level. I have a feeling that Long is a guy they may have looked at in his draft so they knew what he brought to the table. Much the same way as they traded for Corbett whom they targeted but who was taken before they could take him. Cleveland couldn't find a place for him apparently because he was on the bench when the Rams traded for him.

Most teams trying to strictly build through the draft never get there because it takes too long. On the other hand, the Rams roster even with the subtractions have largely a built roster. They need an edge, LB, and perhaps a CB on defense and a QB2, #3 RB, and OL depth on offense. Most here weren't happy with the OL in 2021 but it proved them wrong. The Rams are looking at a similar situation with this OL IMO.

This year they have their franchise QB Stafford for at least one more year, Akers who is running strong, Williams as a legit #2 RB, and a good WR room. They have Higbee for one more year and traded for Long who could be his replacement. On the OL the biggest loss was Shelton who would have been a successor to Allen, and probably two new IOL in Bruss and Thomas. Noteboom if healthy or Jackson if he isn't at LT and Havenstein for one more year.

The defensive front is up in the air but they do have Hardy at edge, AD, and Hoecht IDL with a drafted edge probably taking over at the other edge. The Rams could draft two edges, one in the second and the other early in the 3rd. The Rams have options at that DE position with either Hoecht or Donald with the other playing 3T. Brown takes over for A'Shawn Robinson on early downs being replaced by Murchison on passing downs. The LBs of Jones and Howard aren't a bad pair. I honestly think Morris will play a two-high shell with Lake and Yeast deep with Fuller playing the middle zone. CB Morris has Durant and Rochell if he comes off his attitude and actually coaches the kid up. I'm hoping that is a reason they quickly brought back Aubrey Pleasant.

This roster isn't looking for a team full of starters in free agency and the draft. This team is looking for one maybe two starting edges, maybe a starting boundary CB but otherwise they need depth.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Signing Dalton for a 1 year $10m contract was very shrewd. That's how you ink a fucking bridge QB Raiders.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Lions signed David Montgomery to pair with DeAndre Swift.

Another phenomenal move by Brad Holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.