OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Gilmore and a 5th counts as a "Blockbuster" deal?

Is the media already desperate for Hype or are they so used to being full of shit that its SOP?
Yeah. He wasn’t traded for much.

But… Gilmore had a solid 2022. On the downside, he’ll be 33 at the start of 2023 season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dalton getting 10 million, Mike White 8 million. Anyone still holding out hope that Mayfield would take 3-4 million to be a backup?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Dalton getting 10 million, Mike White 8 million. Anyone still holding out hope that Mayfield would take 3-4 million to be a backup?
Yes both of the two aforementioned QBs outplayed Mayfield. Honestly, put me in the Cooper Rush boat if Baker is unavailable.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sad that the Raiders can get a 3rd for an injury prone TE but we couldn't get better than a 3rd for Ramsey......oh never mind, we got Hunter Long :laugh1:

Sad that fans can't understand that non QBs nearing 30 aren't gonna yield much based on past merits and the last name on the jersey.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't like Hoecht at OLB/Edge. Teams just ran right around him. He needs to be on the D Line.
I bet Hoecht will drop weight if the Rams want him on the edge.
I loooooved Bartell
I was excited about the pick, but he didn’t really get going until year three, then he got injured. Waste of a second round pick.
Where's the mad scramble to sign Floyd & Wagner?

Might the Rams possibly know what they're doing? Hmmm...
You are kidding right? Wagner was the best linebacker Iin the NFL last year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Sad that fans can't understand that non QBs nearing 30 aren't gonna yield much based on past merits and the last name on the jersey.
Don't be salty, just saying Ramsey is better than Waller and not injury prone so that alone should have garnered a 2nd round pick at least. Are you honestly saying we got fair draft compensation for Ramsey? Not sure why a fact like that would bother some. We should have gotten more but didn't and it's sad we didn't cuz we could have used it a lot more than a 3rd to get more picks by trading back.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Don't be salty, just saying Ramsey is better than Waller and not injury prone so that alone should have garnered a 2nd round pick at least. Are you honestly saying we got fair draft compensation for Ramsey? Not sure why a fact like that would bother some. We should have gotten more but didn't and it's sad we didn't cuz we could have used it a lot more than a 3rd to get more picks by trading back.
NFL teams don't need Spotrac or OTC to know the desperation opponents suffer. Miami knew the Rams had to trade Ramsey. Releasing him was out of the question and Ramsey said as much himself. Whitworth said as much. So there were allegedly 4 teams in the hunt but a no trade clause allowed Ramsey to eliminate 3 teams by demanding his next two contract years were fully guaranteed! The Rams had a choice.....cut Ramsey and suffer a larger dead money hit or trade him for a 3rd and a young TE. Of course we didn't get what we should have but that's on Ramsey, not the front office.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So there were allegedly 4 teams in the hunt but a no trade clause allowed Ramsey to eliminate 3 teams by demanding his next two contract years were fully guaranteed!

I don't remember reading that Ramsey had a no trade clause. Are you sure about that?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't remember reading that Ramsey had a no trade clause. Are you sure about that?
Might not have been a no trade clause. I assumed it was (certainly worked like a no trade clause) the way it reportedly worked out. Could have been "I won't report in a trade unless the last 2 years are guaranteed". Whatever it was, it was leverage on Ramsey's part. And just to be clear, I don't blame him for getting what he wanted. MIAMI.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
NFL teams don't need Spotrac or OTC to know the desperation opponents suffer. Miami knew the Rams had to trade Ramsey. Releasing him was out of the question and Ramsey said as much himself. Whitworth said as much. So there were allegedly 4 teams in the hunt but a no trade clause allowed Ramsey to eliminate 3 teams by demanding his next two contract years were fully guaranteed! The Rams had a choice.....cut Ramsey and suffer a larger dead money hit or trade him for a 3rd and a young TE. Of course we didn't get what we should have but that's on Ramsey, not the front office.
I'm not even placing blame just simply saying its sad that the Raiders could get a similar return for an injury prone TE that we got for Ramsey, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.