OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sorry, the response sounded that way. No one is overvaluing. It's simple, Ramsey should be worth more than Waller in trade compensation. It's sad that he isn't is all I'm saying. I didn't say anything about blaming anyone just said it's sad it's that way. Some folks try to read way too much into things.

Again...teams dont value players/picks especially older, non-QBs. Why would you trade away a high pick for a guy that may not be the same guy from 4 years ago?
Could you please explain it get again, the Rams front office seem to be slow learners.

1678893854015.png

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Lions signed David Montgomery to pair with DeAndre Swift.

Another phenomenal move by Brad Holmes.
Was Jamaal Williams not good enough? I don’t think Montgomery is a much better player so in my eyes the RB room didn’t change much

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Was Jamaal Williams not good enough? I don’t think Montgomery is a much better player so in my eyes the RB room didn’t change much
Jamaal is solid. But I think they wanted someone who's a little more of a threat in the passing game.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Well, that's a disappointing amount of money for comp reasons. Was hoping it'd be multi year or at least over $11 million. How did Dalton get more to be a backup lol?

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1636032203116142592?s=20

Because Dalton is the better QB right now: https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14012/andy-dalton

Baker Mayfield:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Lions making great moves still. Monty is an upgrade on Williams IMO. Man, do I miss Holmes. And having a defense.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Lions making great moves still. Monty is an upgrade on Williams IMO. Man, do I miss Holmes. And having a defense.
I miss Holmes, a lot.

I know I'm getting annoying with it, but I can't stop saying it.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The assumption being that all the good moves and decisions were made by Brad Holmes; and all the poor moves and decisions were made by Snead and McVay?
Partially. My assumption is Holmes had a large hand in drafts at minimum. Clearly Snead had to sign off on things, but, I think Holmes is a pretty great football mind.

Psycho_X

Legend
I miss Holmes, a lot.

Holmes was director of college scouting so he had little to no influence over free agent additions or subtractions or trades so not sure why this has been a recurring saying with some people lately. And our drafts before and after Holmes have roughly the same hit and miss picks. I like Holmes and I wish we still had him but this revisionist history that Holmes was the brains behind everything good that happened to the Rams up to their Super Bowl win is weird.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Holmes was director of college scouting so he had little to no influence over free agent additions or subtractions or trades so not sure why this has been a recurring saying with some people lately. And our drafts before and after Holmes have roughly the same hit and miss picks. I like Holmes and I wish we still had him but this revisionist history that Holmes was the brains behind everything good that happened to the Rams up to their Super Bowl win is weird.

Bring back Jeff Fisher so Les can get his credit!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I miss Holmes, a lot.

This is what happens when you confuse the mash for your corn fed pigs with your morning oatmeal.
Helping along the fermentation process of the mash by using Busch Lite instead of water is likely to make your pigs happier, but I think you should stick to the way your grandpappy did it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the eagles defense falling apart, Aaron Rodgers going to the AFC , and Brady retiring, does anyone think we won't be THAT bad next year? NFC looks so wide open.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
With the eagles defense falling apart, Aaron Rodgers going to the AFC , and Brady retiring, does anyone think we won't be THAT bad next year? NFC looks so wide open.
I’m more worried it means a relatively easy road for the 9ers in the NFC. I hope they implode.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
The assumption being that all the good moves and decisions were made by Brad Holmes; and all the poor moves and decisions were made by Snead and McVay?
No, not necessarily. Just seems like since he left out personell department has taken a bit of a dip in the drafting. Can't blame all bad on them. Perhaps more bad luck than anything.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, that really remains to be seen. We have a lot of holes, particularly on defense. And, unless Lance/Purdy/Darnold suck, we are likely to get walloped by the whiners twice a season still, as much as that pains me to say. If I was a betting man (I am), I'd say its between the f'in whiners and the Eagles for top team and SB rep for the NFC.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I miss Holmes, a lot.

I guess you miss those great players he scouted who ended up getting drafted?
Like Bobby Evans, Terrell Lewis, Brycen Hopkins, Jamil Demby etc, etc....

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m more worried it means a relatively easy road for the 9ers in the NFC. I hope they implode.
Yeah they're gonna have a cake walk. I do think we can be competitive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.