OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, that really remains to be seen. We have a lot of holes, particularly on defense. And, unless Lance/Purdy/Darnold suck, we are likely to get walloped by the whiners twice a season still, as much as that pains me to say. If I was a betting man (I am), I'd say its between the f'in whiners and the Eagles for top team and SB rep for the NFC.
Oh I don't think we're gonna be contenders per se. But I think 9 wins is very realistic. If not more.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holmes was director of college scouting so he had little to no influence over free agent additions or subtractions or trades so not sure why this has been a recurring saying with some people lately. And our drafts before and after Holmes have roughly the same hit and miss picks. I like Holmes and I wish we still had him but this revisionist history that Holmes was the brains behind everything good that happened to the Rams up to their Super Bowl win is weird.

People were complaining about the Atwell pick right after we won the Super Bowl. Some people will just never be happy

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I guess you miss those great players he scouted who ended up getting drafted?
Like Bobby Evans, Terrell Lewis, Brycen Hopkins, Jamil Demby etc, etc....
Do not besmirch the good name of Lord Evans please. He's gone on to great things

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
49ers with negative money reached agreement today on a one-year deal with former Raiders’ first-round draft pick Clelin Ferrell

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They may see Hoecht as their starting strong side, now that 54 is gone. He's not in his class, but his game probably fits better out there. Also if he can drop a little weight without losing too much of that power his contain might improve enough. Either way I think Hoecht will mostly thrash TEs he faces it will be about not getting pinched inside for him.

There are some intriguing ends who will go midrounds in this draft. Just avoid the assholes with red flags, the injury risks, and maybe we get lucky on one of them.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
49ers with negative money reached agreement today on a one-year deal with former Raiders’ first-round draft pick Clelin Ferrell
Honestly, WTF. The whiners are just allowed to keep spending and spending, f the cap.... this makes me sick.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Honestly, WTF. The whiners are just allowed to keep spending and spending, f the cap.... this makes me sick.
We did it the last few years. Getting a taste of our own medicine. But I don't get it, and it's driving me nuts lol

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
At the moment (per Spotrac), the Fucking-Niners have $17M of Dead-$ on their Books for 2023.

The Rams have $43M of Dead-$; and that does not yet reflect Bobby Wagner's number.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At the moment (per Spotrac), the Fucking-Niners have $17M of Dead-$ on their Books for 2023.

The Rams have $43M of Dead-$; and that does not yet reflect Bobby Wagner's number.
Did they designate Wagner as a post June 1 cut?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams tender 3 players ahead of Wednesday deadline​

The roster takes shape a little bit more
1245859502.0.jpg

By Kenneth Arthur@KennethArthuRS Mar 15, 2023, 1:30pm CDT

With free agency officially set to open on Wednesday, the Los Angeles Rams gave contract tenders to three restricted free agents, including edge rusher Michael Hoecht. The Hoecht news came out on Monday, but as of Wednesday, the Rams are also securing the services of linebacker Christian Rozeboom and cornerback Shaun Jolly. That’s three more defensive players to add to the mix for Raheem Morris in 2023.

The Rams signed Rozeboom as a UDFA in 2020, waived him at final cuts, then got him back after he had a short stint with the Kansas City Chiefs. The former South Dakota State product had eight tackles and appeared in all 17 games last season as a mainstay on special teams.

Jolly, a 24-year-old corner out of Appalachian State, was picked up off the Browns practice squad last September. He appeared in two games, with all six snaps coming on special teams.

Restricted free agents not making the news today include John Wolford, Bryce Perkins, Jacob Harris, Jake Gervase, Chandler Brewer and Marquise Copeland.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Did they designate Wagner as a post June 1 cut?
No idea DB.

Spotrac still has him on the cap, which ... I believe ... would be the case if he is a post-June-1 designation. However, it could be as simple as Spotrac has not yet updated Wagner.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If Wagner wanted out he shouldn’t be counting jack shit against the Rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.