OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We could use a key veteran contributor on this young defense besides AD99. Pass rush is a big area of need. Reddick has been very productive everywhere he has been. He no doubt would get a boost playing alongside Aaron Donald, or at the very least freeze Father Time in his tracks for a year or two. I'd pursue him heavily.

He will be 30 years old by the time next season starts, has a big cap hit, and might well be a 1 year rental for whoever acquires him as it seems he is ring-chasing and this will be the final year of his contract. Therefore, his market might be softer than one might think.

I doubt Philly trades him to an NFC contender. Hopefully, they do not yet consider this up and coming Rams squad to fit that description.

(1) Would Philly trade him here? (2) would Reddick want to come to L.A. / does he view the Rams as ready to compete if he joins up and we have another strong off-season?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
(2) would Reddick want to come to L.A. / does he view the Rams as ready to compete if he joins up and we have another strong off-season?
I don't know how he feels about the city but I'd bet there are quite a few free agents who would like coming to the Rams. McVay, Stafford, Kupp, Donald and a winning culture on the upswing again. It's a matter of choice between dollars or destiny.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well.. our #1 picks this year and next just went on the trading block.
Well, I am hoping the Rams learned that draft picks fit much better under the cap then Veterans wanting huge extensions. If they are on the right side of 30, I might take the plunge, but not on the wrong side of 30.

Eagles are now desperate, no need to make them better.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Why would you trade for a 30 year old Reddick when you could just sign a 30 year old Hunter?
Hunter never impresses me when I watch him play. Everyone on this board keeps pumping him up but I just don't see it. Not that I watch Vikings games much. His PFF metrics are always very strong, for whatever that is worth. Reddick has always impressed me when I've watched him. And we saw him lots when he was in the NFC West.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
No way would I trade 19 for Reddick. If he had a very team beneficial contract maybe. He won't.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Wondering if we should move-on from this 2023 Trades, Cuts, Free Agents and More thread, to a 2024 version.

Might be a good time to do so. Combine is less than 3 weeks away; and the new League Year is less than 5.

Just thought. I have a new one occasionally. With this one, I should be good for about two months till the next.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hunter never impresses me when I watch him play. Everyone on this board keeps pumping him up but I just don't see it. Not that I watch Vikings games much. His PFF metrics are always very strong, for whatever that is worth. Reddick has always impressed me when I've watched him. And we saw him lots when he was in the NFC West.
So, at best.. they're close.. about the same guy.
Which, again, leads me back to.. why would you give up draft picks for one when you can get the other without giving them up?

Reddick was a zero factor until his last season with the Cards... late bloomer.

I also like the taller, longer guy.. Could use more of that on their line.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Or use the 1st round pick on a cost controlled kid who could be every bit as good.
Won't be as good as a rookie, for sure.
I want Hunter because I want a year-one impact player. I like Byron Young, but I'm skeptical he gets much better. He's already 26 and makes his hay on athleticism and effort. Nothing wrong with that, but need a guy who can just flat-out beat people and get to QB. That's Hunter.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which, again, leads me back to.. why would you give up draft picks for one when you can get the other without giving them up?

And it seemed that Reddick bloomed by returning to his college glory days town
Now they are ready to part ways? Jeesh. That’s a red flag

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Won't be as good as a rookie, for sure.
I want Hunter because I want a year-one impact player. I like Byron Young, but I'm skeptical he gets much better. He's already 26 and makes his hay on athleticism and effort. Nothing wrong with that, but need a guy who can just flat-out beat people and get to QB. That's Hunter.
He'll be 30 next season coming off his best year aka prime candidate to have a down year. I've never been a huge Hunter guy because he's a terrible run defender. Add to that you're likely to be in a bidding war with a couple other teams like the Jags and Bears and not sure I want him. Now you give me Chop Robinson or a few other possibilities in the 1st round and sign me up.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
This success rate for big money free agent signings is very low. It tends to end up bad. The idea that you have lots of cap space and you will sign some top FAs to rebuild the team is very risky - if not foolish.

It seems the better route to go is spreading that money out in depth signings; and waiting for bargains later on in free agency. Especially on vets who were cut. Avoiding those big dollar longterm deals.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Yeah, Reddick is listed at 6-1 237, and while a very good pass rusher, he doesn't do much else. I wouldn't pay a big contract nor give up picks for him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He'll be 30 next season coming off his best year aka prime candidate to have a down year. I've never been a huge Hunter guy because he's a terrible run defender. Add to that you're likely to be in a bidding war with a couple other teams like the Jags and Bears and not sure I want him. Now you give me Chop Robinson or a few other possibilities in the 1st round and sign me up.

Sorry.. watching the Super Bowl is hammering it home for me.

You can’t wait for a kid to develop.

But.. I would ALSO try to draft another edge in first 3 rounds.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry.. watching the Super Bowl is hammering it home for me.

You can’t wait for a kid to develop.

But.. I would ALSO try to draft another edge in first 3 rounds.
Who's waiting for the #19 pick to develop? And watching this makes me want to upgrade the OL as much as anything.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Who's waiting for the #19 pick to develop? And watching this makes me want to upgrade the OL as much as anything.
First round edge that’s a difference maker? At 19?

Hunter had 16.5 sacks last year,
He’s had one full season without double digit sacks.

You can’t count on that from a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.