OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
They're also releasing 28 year old CB Tre'Davious White (a post June 1st release). Who would you rather have?
Not that I'm advocating for signing either one, but Poyer would probably be the safer choice since Tre-Devious White's injury history is a big red flag.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No one said Weddle was washed. He wasn't the constant pro-bowler anymore but he was still good. He just retired.
Yeah but typically players his age hang em up because it's a young man's game. The part the Rams didn't overlook was the knowledge Weddle had. If Poyer could be had for cheap, not a bad vet pick up at all. I would only like the signing if it were for cheap.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're also releasing 28 year old CB Tre'Davious White (a post June 1st release). Who would you rather have?
White has torn his acl and achilles in 2 of the last 3 years and IIRC didn't play a down this past year at all. Coming back from one of those is tough. Coming back from both? Good luck

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nobody said that, he retired on his own.
He looked washed in 2019...he came back after 2 yrs off and played 3 games well. So hard to compare that to a guy you may want to sign to a 2 or 3 yr contract.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Nobody said that, he retired on his own.
I'm going off of memory here but many were questioning us pulling a safety outta retirement. It was assumed he wouldn't do much for us when he did. Weddle was a huge asset cuz of his football acumen.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
White has torn his acl and achilles in 2 of the last 3 years and IIRC didn't play a down this past year at all. Coming back from one of those is tough. Coming back from both? Good luck
Yes torn ACL in 2021 (11 gp & 6 gp to finish 2022) and torn achilles last year (in September, 4 gp). Yeah, he's got an injury history dating back 3 years. Before that he had 15 int in 4 years and still managed 3 over his last 21 games. So he will be cheap and motivated. An affordable deal with incentives on GP. Win-win.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I'm going off of memory here but many were questioning us pulling a safety outta retirement. It was assumed he wouldn't do much for us when he did. Weddle was a huge asset cuz of his football acumen.
I was one of those. Didn't expect much but you can't underestimate how much he helped the Rams at the end of 2021.
Vet safety on a short contract plays through injury to help win a Super Bowl. Probably the only reason he was willing to come out of retirement for the ONE THING his career was missing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes torn ACL in 2021 (11 gp & 6 gp to finish 2022) and torn achilles last year (in September, 4 gp). Yeah, he's got an injury history dating back 3 years. Before that he had 15 int in 4 years and still managed 3 over his last 21 games. So he will be cheap and motivated. An affordable deal with incentives on GP. Win-win.
Coming back from an ACL and Achilles in the last couple of years isn't something you do. He didn't play all last year anyways. The assumption that he's even going to play in 2024 seems wild to me. This isn't a guy who's ready to play right now I don't see how you can even sign him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Coming back from an ACL and Achilles in the last couple of years isn't something you do. He didn't play all last year anyways. The assumption that he's even going to play in 2024 seems wild to me. This isn't a guy who's ready to play right now I don't see how you can even sign him.
He played 11 games in 2021 prior to the ACL. He missed the last 6 games and first 11 of 2022. Came back and finished the season. Then last year he played 4 games prior to tearing the achilles. He didn't miss the entire year. Akers came back in 4 months. I'm not saying give him a huge contract with guaranteed money. In fact, I'm not saying give him a contract at all. Was just thinking out loud about the possibility of getting a good CB (a perceived need according to those with a low opinion of Kendricks and Durant) on the cheap. And I don't know his personality, attitude or any of that but if that's all good, he's just the kind of guy somebody might take a chance on. I'd bet he'd be ready for training camp and it would be a coup for the team who signed him if he stayed healthy and performed. The guy had 15 picks his first 4 years and during two of those 4 years (2018-19) Buffalo had the #2 and #3 ranked D. I'd think he's worth a look.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rachel Bush. Your welcome.
Damn you weren't lying, thank you!

Animated GIF

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played 11 games in 2021 prior to the ACL. He missed the last 6 games and first 11 of 2022. Came back and finished the season. Then last year he played 4 games prior to tearing the achilles. He didn't miss the entire year. Akers came back in 4 months. I'm not saying give him a huge contract with guaranteed money. In fact, I'm not saying give him a contract at all. Was just thinking out loud about the possibility of getting a good CB (a perceived need according to those with a low opinion of Kendricks and Durant) on the cheap. And I don't know his personality, attitude or any of that but if that's all good, he's just the kind of guy somebody might take a chance on. I'd bet he'd be ready for training camp and it would be a coup for the team who signed him if he stayed healthy and performed. The guy had 15 picks his first 4 years and during two of those 4 years (2018-19) Buffalo had the #2 and #3 ranked D. I'd think he's worth a look.
All I'm saying is those 2 injuries in the space of what a year and a half are incredibly serious and a lot for a guy to come back from. If you think giving out money to a guy coming back from all of that is a good idea and he'll be a starter and regain his form no problem then by all means mock offseason him to the Rams all day long. But I won't act like the journey back will be a piece of cake or something he's even able to do.

I never once said the guy wasn't good at any point in time of his career. But those injuries in such a short time are nothing to dismiss. I know he was good you don't need to tell me that.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
All I'm saying is those 2 injuries in the space of what a year and a half are incredibly serious and a lot for a guy to come back from. If you think giving out money to a guy coming back from all of that is a good idea and he'll be a starter and regain his form no problem then by all means mock offseason him to the Rams all day long. But I won't act like the journey back will be a piece of cake or something he's even able to do.

I never once said the guy wasn't good at any point in time of his career. But those injuries in such a short time are nothing to dismiss. I know he was good you don't need to tell me that.
Never said it would be a "piece of cake". Just said, Akers came back. Rodgers is coming back. A lot guys come back. As far as the ACL that was 3 years ago. It's healed...it's been healed since 2022. He didn't miss the entire 2023 season like you said. And all I said is "worth a look". Doesn't cost a damn thing. Wouldn't offer anything but a cheap deal with incentives anyway (certainly not a multi-year deal). But I should put it out of my mind because he won't come back from those? Okay.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And all I said is "worth a look". Doesn't cost a damn thing. Wouldn't offer anything but a cheap deal with incentives anyway. But I should put it out of my mind because he won't come back from those? Okay.
Oh dear God. I said he is facing a major comeback from 2 incredibly serious injuries. Each one alone is serious but both of them in the space of what a year and a half is insane. And you two dismissed that like I was saying he was bad. I'll just drop it because clearly those injuries aren't anything to worry about. I mean if they though they had something the Bills would have restructured him and kept him like they did Von Miller but no they cut him. But I guess I'm just thinking too much about the comeback from those injuries.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Oh dear God. I said he is facing a major comeback from 2 incredibly serious injuries. Each one alone is serious but both of them in the space of what a year and a half is insane. And you two dismissed that like I was saying he was bad. I'll just drop it because clearly those injuries aren't anything to worry about. I mean if they though they had something the Bills would have restructured him and kept him like they did Von Miller but no they cut him. But I guess I'm just thinking too much about the comeback from those injuries.
Can you read? I didn't "dismiss" anything. Never said they're "nothing to worry about". Take a breath.......re-read what I said. And he's facing a comeback from an achilles. He already came back from the ACL. Check, you'll see. And the Bills have let a few guys go in the last couple of days without restructuring them. Poyer, Morse, White and a couple of others. Healthy guys too! Dude, all I said was "it's worth a look"......because apparently, we need corners. But you're gonna compare keeping Von Miller (with a 21 mil dead money hit) to White (with a 10 mil hit) and say, "see, if the Bills didn't think he was done, they woulda restructured him". Okay. I get it. Mind reader too. You're right, I shouldn't give it another thought. Let's not even entertain the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.