OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He's 33 in a month.
They restructured his deal last year which is why his cap hit is so high.
They're in CAP hell right now, 40+ mill OVER and that includes Herbert still on the cheap for '24 (Cap hit of "only" 19 mill)
They have to move on from either Bosa or Mack, they are a combined 70+ mill of cap space in '24
They're going to have to cut some guys to get under, basically throw away '24, and reload.

As you noted, Mack and Bosa are #1 and #2, with a combined 2024 cap hit of $75M.

Their WRs (Keenan Allen and Mike Williams) are #3 and #4, with a combined cap hit of $67M.

I don't think Yikes! quite defines it. This may call for a Gad-Zooks!

According to Spotrac and OTC, the cap savings for releasing Allen is $23M; and $20M for releasing Williams.

With last year's #1 pick Quentin Johnson and Josh Palmer on the roster, I have to think one of the WRs is gone. Allen is a couple years older but Williams is coming-off a knee injury.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As you noted, Mack and Bosa are #1 and #2, with a combined 2024 cap hit of $75M.

Their WRs (Keenan Allen and Mike Williams) are #3 and #4, with a combined cap hit of $67M.

I don't think Yikes! quite defines it. This may call for a Gad-Zooks!

According to Spotrac and OTC, the cap savings for releasing Allen is $23M; and $20M for releasing Williams.

With last year's #1 pick Quentin Johnson and Josh Palmer on the roster, I have to think one of the WRs is gone. Allen is a couple years older but Williams is coming-off a knee injury.
Yeah, a lot of big cap numbers for guys on last year of their deal. Even with Herbert, and a new HC/GM, it sure seems to scream "Rebuild".
Which is why it seems possible that despite the production, it's not worth the long term investment

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I love hunter been talking about him for last two off seasons that said do we think Carolina slaps tag on Burns again? That will skyrocket his contract....if he doesn't want to really be there or neither want to commit let perhaps he does shake loose. I do feel almost like he has been destined to play here for 2 years. Still love hunter though

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love hunter been talking about him for last two off seasons that said do we think Carolina slaps tag on Burns again? That will skyrocket his contract....if he doesn't want to really be there or neither want to commit let perhaps he does shake loose. I do feel almost like he has been destined to play here for 2 years. Still love hunter though
Burns has never been franchised. He just played 2023 on the 5th year option.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll throw out an interesting name: Josh Uche. He's an outside linebacker for the Cheatriots, had twelve sacks last year. He's not played all of the games he could, but he can do it all at outside linebacker, so I think he would be an upgrade over Hoecht, and he's only twenty-six.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll throw out an interesting name: Josh Uche. He's an outside linebacker for the Cheatriots, had twelve sacks last year. He's not played all of the games he could, but he can do it all at outside linebacker, so I think he would be an upgrade over Hoecht, and he's only twenty-six.
I liked Uche when he came out. Still like him but if you're gonna sign a guy like him in FA he would need to come at the right price because his role for us would be passing down usage. Wouldn't be averse to him at the right price.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about Uche joins his old coach with the renters while they send us Khalil Mack to save some cap space?

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Him and Hunter are my top hopes for our edge.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Report: Bucs to interview Kentucky offensive coordinator Liam Coen​

Understand that football coaches frequently change jobs because that is the best way for career-advancement. However, if Coen gets another gig in 2024, that would be five job-changes in five years. Furthermore, in 15 years of coaching football, Liam Coen has changed places ten times! That's a lot.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not the best OC in the NFL as we saw for years in Arizona but he might be better than what the Raiders hired.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not the best OC in the NFL as we saw for years in Arizona but he might be better than what the Raiders hired.
Well, he was the HC of Arizona so maybe with less on his plate, that might help. However, he always seems to come up short. .500 at Texas Tech with Mahomes, .500 or just a little bit better in Arizona, but got blowout in the playoffs.

IMO a good get for Quinn, who needs an excellent OC and if the Commodes have any success with a young QB, Kingsbury will get another shot and I actually though he would resurface in college first.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I don’t believe Kliff has any control over the locker room. Heck, he couldn’t even motivate his QB to put down the XBox controller.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he was the HC of Arizona so maybe with less on his plate, that might help. However, he always seems to come up short. .500 at Texas Tech with Mahomes, .500 or just a little bit better in Arizona, but got blowout in the playoffs.

IMO a good get for Quinn, who needs an excellent OC and if the Commodes have any success with a young QB, Kingsbury will get another shot and I actually though he would resurface in college first.
All true but it was still his offense that was not impressive

Tano

Legend
I don’t believe Kliff has any control over the locker room. Heck, he couldn’t even motivate his QB to put down the XBox controller.
I doubt anyone can get Murray to put down his XBox controller.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
My interesting name that won't break the bank, Bryce Huff. Dude was very impactful for the snaps he was in. They only used him situationally as a pass rusher and he did that very well. He'd be a great replacement for Hoecht IMO as he is athletic enough to drop back and do some light covering. Also, is only 25.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My interesting name that won't break the bank, Bryce Huff.
IMO, this is one free agent on many teams short list. Coming from a loaded defense, won't be overly expensive & takes care of a need. Will have to work on defending the run, but can rush the passer, which this teams needs desperately.

Tano

Legend
IMO, this is one free agent on many teams short list. Coming from a loaded defense, won't be overly expensive & takes care of a need. Will have to work on defending the run, but can rush the passer, which this teams needs desperately.
And can cover 100% better than Hoecht but then again almost every LB can cover better than Hoecht.

I still like Hoecht but dammit put him at 5T where he belongs.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Maybe Chris will fix that, now..... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.