OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like the idea of Hunter next to AD. I have fears that he won't be a guy who lives up to a FA market contract, but if he's next to AD I have to think we'd get at least a couple top seasons out of him. And even one top season might mean a title.

But I also like the idea of adding a FA corner and then drafting an edge with some juice.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s the thing.. money will be the only thing stopping them. Hunter is an FA and can’t be tagged, from what I understand. They’ve been linked to him for years.
Absolutely correct. Minnesota cant tag him
He's going to cost a fortune, *if* a team is willing to fork up the $$$
One report put an estimate of a 4 year, 110 mill deal

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw that too. Good luck to the team who offers him that. But then again, von got that and Hunter has been much more productive

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw that too. Good luck to the team who offers him that. But then again, von got that and Hunter has been much more productive
Sweat is younger, and got 4 for 98. But looking at Hunter's stats, its like you can write down 13-15 sacks per year. Couldnt imagine what pairing him with Donald would do?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There's a few guys shaking free this year but it will cost money. Danielle Hunter, chase Young, Bryce Huff (my target) and jon greenard. And then of course we can sit back and hope that Brian Burns or Josh Allen don't get tagged.
Agree across the board with the players you named above.

Still think there's a good chance San Francisco re-signs Chase Young.

Glad you mentioned Jonathan Greenard. Don't think he has gotten enough play on this Forum. Unfortunately, Houston will have plenty of off-season cap space, so we may just be wish-fully-thinking.

Can not imagine Jacksonville or Carolina simply allowing Allen or Burns to hit free agency. If they are tagged, perhaps a sign and trade could be worked-out but it would cost the acquiring team quality draft capital. The Jags and Panthers appear to be in decent (but not great) cap shape, so I wouldn't entirely rule out that those players could be available ... just Not as unrestricted free agents.

In addition to Greenard (who I would prefer), I have mentioned Buffalo's A.J. Epenesa in the past. His sacks, pressures and quarterback hit numbers are good when you consider that he only plays about 40% of the Bills' defensive snaps. Also, unlike some of the teams mentioned above, Buffalo is Not in good cap shape for 2024. Being able to retain a played like Epenesa seems unlikely.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still wonder, is Burns really that good? I get it that he's playing on a terrible team, but since recording 2 sacks in game 1, he's only had 4 more since. Only had 1 season with double digits. Personally I think Carolina was crazy to have not traded him at the deadline

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And the Rams will have the money to do it and not trade any picks.

We’ll see if it goes that high and what the guarantee $$ looks like.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I still wonder, is Burns really that good? I get it that he's playing on a terrible team, but since recording 2 sacks in game 1, he's only had 4 more since. Only had 1 season with double digits. Personally I think Carolina was crazy to have not traded him at the deadline
Legit points. If Carolina could have gotten two first round picks from the Rams, and passed ... Yikes!

Since I have not seen every Panthers' game, I can and will NOT accuse Burns of dialing-it-back in the hope that Carolina does not tag him. However, I can speculate. It does happen.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sweat is younger, and got 4 for 98. But looking at Hunter's stats, its like you can write down 13-15 sacks per year. Couldnt imagine what pairing him with Donald would do?
I salivate at the thought. And he's just the kind of pass rusher I like. Jack of all trades

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree across the board with the players you named above.

Still think there's a good chance San Francisco re-signs Chase Young.

Glad you mentioned Jonathan Greenard. Don't think he has gotten enough play on this Forum. Unfortunately, Houston will have plenty of off-season cap space, so we may just be wish-fully-thinking.

Can not imagine Jacksonville or Carolina simply allowing Allen or Burns to hit free agency. If they are tagged, perhaps a sign and trade could be worked-out but it would cost the acquiring team quality draft capital. The Jags and Panthers appear to be in decent (but not great) cap shape, so I wouldn't entirely rule out that those players could be available ... just Not as unrestricted free agents.

In addition to Greenard (who I would prefer), I have mentioned Buffalo's A.J. Epenesa in the past. His sacks, pressures and quarterback hit numbers are good when you consider that he only plays about 40% of the Bills' defensive snaps. Also, unlike some of the teams mentioned above, Buffalo is Not in good cap shape for 2024. Being able to retain a played like Epenesa seems unlikely.
Yeah I love the options. At the end of the day we get so much pressure up the middle that an edge should feast.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was at the week one Panthers vs falcons game. The falcons have one of the better offensive lines in the league and burns was just blowing them up. Every play it felt. I think you're right though, he's not shown the consistency to be paid like bosa, Watt, etc. I'd much rather have huff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vastly over rated IMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Been thinking that a while too. I was disgusted to hear the rumor that we offered up 2 1st rounders for him. Gross overpay IMO

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not a fan of the fact he wasn't putting out full effort, but this guy might be worth a look for us. I'd be interested to see what he'd do under Henderson's tutelage and if we get into the playoffs more beef on that DL would be beneficial.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not a fan of the fact he wasn't putting out full effort, but this guy might be worth a look for us. I'd be interested to see what he'd do under Henderson's tutelage and if we get into the playoffs more beef on that DL would be beneficial.

The fact that it’s a money beef makes me think it’s not worth it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like he's lazy and out of shape not working hard so they cut him because he also wants a raise while not putting in the effort? If that's the case hard pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.