OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho_X

Legend
What a disaster Watson has been for the Browns.

They’re worried about a sideline collision? Sounds like a silly reason to have “your leader” away from the team.

This dude is anything but a leader.

When the Browns’ injured starting quarterback, Deshaun Watson, was spotted in a suite during Sunday’s game, many fans questioned why he wasn’t on the sideline with his teammates. Those questions were amplified by the sight of the injured active and involved on the Bengals’ sideline during Cincinnati’s game last week.

But the Browns insist Watson was following doctors’ orders.

A Browns spokesman told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com that the medical staff didn’t want Watson on the sideline because they didn’t want to risk a collision that could cause a setback in his recovery from shoulder surgery. All of the Browns’ players on injured reserve who attended the game were in the same suite as Watson.

The Browns also say Watson not returning to Cleveland and staying in Los Angeles to begin his rehab after having his surgery there was a medical decision: The doctors didn’t want Watson flying back and forth between Cleveland and Los Angeles because of the risk of swelling on a flight.

Sideline incidents do happen in the NFL. Two of them happened on Sunday, with a sideline official in New Orleans suffering a serious leg injury in a collision, and with the security official in Philadelphia getting himself involved in a skirmish with the 49ers. If the Browns think fewer players on the sideline reduces those risks, that makes sense.

So while Watson has been a major disappointment considering what the Browns traded for him and what they’re paying him, the particular criticism that he should have been on the sideline is unfair. He was where the team asked him to be.
I don't know, I'm not really in the camp that thinks him being up in the box is a big deal. Lots of big names do it... Aaron Rodgers was the first several games after surgery for instance. No one made a stink about him not being on sideline helping Wilson.
FWIW I didn't blame the Browns for the trade, just how much they paid him. Their owner felt that Watson was a premier QB and he paid the price, in more ways then one.
Agreed, I don't even have a problem with the amount the contract was for just the 100% guaranteed was arguably the dumbest most ridiculous agreement in sports contract history.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Hate to see this... it shows poor judgement.... from a supposed leader.
"...offensive coordinator Wes Phillips was arrested Friday night and charged with misdemeanor operation of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol."

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sad to hear. Hope he uses better judgment in the future if true.

After looking at the article title, I can’t believe the NFL and Vikings will allow him to drive to Vegas while DWI!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Damn, was one of the few guys I wanted the Rams to trade for before the deadline.
I liked Montez Sweat also but Washington got the Bears' 2nd round pick in exchange, which figured to be higher than the Rams' #2; and I did not want the Rams to surrender their second round draft choice.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I liked Montez Sweat also but Washington got the Bears' 2nd round pick in exchange, which figured to be higher than the Rams' #2; and I did not want the Rams to surrender their second round draft choice.
Just hammers home how much one premium Edge can lift an entire defense. A must-get for the Rams this offseason. Must.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least he won’t be playing against us next Sunday.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Just hammers home how much one premium Edge can lift an entire defense. A must-get for the Rams this offseason. Must.
1702316862525.png

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hate to see this... it shows poor judgement.... from a supposed leader.
"...offensive coordinator Wes Phillips was arrested Friday night and charged with misdemeanor operation of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol."

Damn. I always felt he did a pretty damn good job with the TEs. Makes me wonder if he had a drinking problem going back to his time with us. Could of course just be an innocent mistake after getting a little too loose at the steakhouse or whatever, but I agree a coordinator level coach getting a DWI is a real bad look.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Damn, was one of the few guys I wanted the Rams to trade for before the deadline.
Yeah he didn't have the upside of Young but in comparison to him he was the one most likely to do the work.

On the flipside of all that though I don't see him as a primary rush threat type. He's more of a strongside type to my eye, in his strengths. We got BY at 77 I think it was and found a good strongside type. So giving up this year's round 2 pick is a pretty steep price for that role. I mean I'm not gonna lie and say I wouldn't love to have Sweat on this front. He would have helped us a ton. But hopefully they hit with that round 2 pick and add a plus starter in a role we need.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a nice wish but it will be a tough one to fill.
There's a few guys shaking free this year but it will cost money. Danielle Hunter, chase Young, Bryce Huff (my target) and jon greenard. And then of course we can sit back and hope that Brian Burns or Josh Allen don't get tagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.