OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looks like a normal surface fleet sailor....
So you're sayin sub fleet be like...
little-angry-man-punch.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Talk about living in denial. Kareem Jackson doesn't understand why he is being targeted for dangerous tackles.

"We’ll see what comes of it," Jackson said, via video from Troy Renck of Denver7. "[I want to] get some clarity. I feel like there's a lot of gray area. To me, I see a lot of the same things happening around the league that guys aren't going through what I'm going through. No flags. No fines. No suspensions. Not really sure why I'm being treated the way I'm being treated. I'm making regular football plays. Nothing malcious in my opinion. But at the same thing, like I said, get some clarity. I just want to know why I'm the only person going through what I'm going through."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought Shaq was good but I don't watch any of the teams from that shit city to know well enough.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Talk about living in denial. Kareem Jackson doesn't understand why he is being targeted for dangerous tackles.

"We’ll see what comes of it," Jackson said, via video from Troy Renck of Denver7. "[I want to] get some clarity. I feel like there's a lot of gray area. To me, I see a lot of the same things happening around the league that guys aren't going through what I'm going through. No flags. No fines. No suspensions. Not really sure why I'm being treated the way I'm being treated. I'm making regular football plays. Nothing malcious in my opinion. But at the same thing, like I said, get some clarity. I just want to know why I'm the only person going through what I'm going through."

Or Asshole Face has convinced him that what he is doing is perfectly fine. We all know he is a dirty coach.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I thought Shaq was good but I don't watch any of the teams from that shit city to know well enough.
I have no idea why they dropped him, by all accounts he's played well.

This is a guy the Rams should absolutely bring in and take a look at. He's at the end of his contract and you might be able to learn something going into the offseason.

But.. the Rams don't seem to be interested in that kind of move this year.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I have no idea why they dropped him, by all accounts he's played well.

This is a guy the Rams should absolutely bring in and take a look at. He's at the end of his contract and you might be able to learn something going into the offseason.

But.. the Rams don't seem to be interested in that kind of move this year.
Totally agree but I also agree with this seems something the Rams aren't interested in. Could be a decent fill in/ kick the tires on kinda guy.

Meaning it wouldn't hurt to see what he has to offer in my opinion

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I enjoyed watching him and Vick together they were exciting on the field. Too bad he's a tool.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Did I miss something. I thought he retired 2 years ago.
:laugh4:It's funny how some players don't get offered a contract and call it retirement. That's like someone being laid off calling it retirement. Retirement is a choice you make, not a choice somebody makes for you.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That's like someone being laid off calling it retirement. Retirement is a choice you make, not a choice somebody makes for you.

I had a good friend that played things perfectly; and got very lucky.

Worked in corporate, at a fairly senior level. Management changed over the prior two years and things became very political. The guy above him (very senior but no head for office politics) was unexpectedly terminated.

My friend figured he could be next but was also contemplating early-retirement. While other professionals became tense and nervous, this guy strategized that there was no incentive for him to excel at that point.

Figured he would stay-on for six months, collect a modest year-end-bonus (pretty much guaranteed); and then retire in the Spring. He did his due diligence with a financial advisor, and his wife was on-board.

However, he also decided to go into a Slow-Down-Mode, while most of his colleagues ramped-up their efforts to impress the new leadership. He didn't Tank ... he's a good guy ... just worked a solid seven hours, without stress, hoping it might get noticed.

It worked-out perfectly.
He selected the Tuesday following the Memorial Day Weekend to give notice of his retirement. Even drafted an e-mail to send to Management should they delay scheduling a meeting.
Last week in April, he got let go ... With a Huge Severance Package!!!

Was able to post-pone dipping into savings and investments for five years.
If Company Management had waited four or five weeks, they would have saved a lot of money.
Every time I see this guy, he has a smile on his face ... and, he buys lunch!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What a disaster Watson has been for the Browns.

They’re worried about a sideline collision? Sounds like a silly reason to have “your leader” away from the team.

This dude is anything but a leader.

When the Browns’ injured starting quarterback, Deshaun Watson, was spotted in a suite during Sunday’s game, many fans questioned why he wasn’t on the sideline with his teammates. Those questions were amplified by the sight of the injured active and involved on the Bengals’ sideline during Cincinnati’s game last week.

But the Browns insist Watson was following doctors’ orders.

A Browns spokesman told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com that the medical staff didn’t want Watson on the sideline because they didn’t want to risk a collision that could cause a setback in his recovery from shoulder surgery. All of the Browns’ players on injured reserve who attended the game were in the same suite as Watson.

The Browns also say Watson not returning to Cleveland and staying in Los Angeles to begin his rehab after having his surgery there was a medical decision: The doctors didn’t want Watson flying back and forth between Cleveland and Los Angeles because of the risk of swelling on a flight.

Sideline incidents do happen in the NFL. Two of them happened on Sunday, with a sideline official in New Orleans suffering a serious leg injury in a collision, and with the security official in Philadelphia getting himself involved in a skirmish with the 49ers. If the Browns think fewer players on the sideline reduces those risks, that makes sense.

So while Watson has been a major disappointment considering what the Browns traded for him and what they’re paying him, the particular criticism that he should have been on the sideline is unfair. He was where the team asked him to be.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So while Watson has been a major disappointment considering what the Browns traded for him and what they’re paying him, the particular criticism that he should have been on the sideline is unfair. He was where the team asked him to be.
FWIW I didn't blame the Browns for the trade, just how much they paid him. Their owner felt that Watson was a premier QB and he paid the price, in more ways then one.

Status
Not open for further replies.