OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really? Define blowing up.

Is trading Kamara & Thomas blowing it up? Letting a lot of guys walk in FA...is that blowing it up?

Because all that has been happening or will be happening.
Who's trading for Kamara before he gets locked up?

dang

Legend
It was a good move. Lawrence needed a full season to shake the Urban Meyer cobwebs from his head and do a reset. I think the whole team did. So now Ridley comes in when the team is in full stride.

Fuck Gould. I always liked him. I’m a PSU alumni. He was always a good guy. Then he joined the Niners and caught their virus that turns players into assholes.
Yep. A arrogant kicker is not what I want to see on the Rams. Not to mention the 69er stink.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Since he deleted tweet for anyone late to the party here's a paste job of it. Maybe someone insulted his dance moves when clubbing and he's doubling down to them.
Fpv25LIXoAA6fqw
Understand the frustration and disappointment but I didn't expect posters to be surprised that Floyd was likely to be released.

When Floyd tweeted the above comment ten days ago it pretty clearly implied he was asked to re-work his contract, and was unwilling to do so.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Maybe they're clearing room for Derrick Henry? I only 99% joke.

oldnotdead

Legend
What I don't understand is why people assume that the Rams do things in a vacuum. Snead has repeatedly shown he's always thinking one to two years in advance. In other words he knew this year was coming and IMO he's already planned for it. We see it as disjointed, but we aren't privy to all the information about what his moves are going to be. I think he's making moves preemptively because he sees opportunities as outsiders, i.e. fans, we simply aren't in a position to see. So instead of railing about a rebuild, I see this as a remodel of the roster.

Case in point, they obviously need an edge. So they are going to release the only edge they do have, one that has proven if used properly can be very good? He's trading away the best CB they have? Before we criticize we should wait until the dust settles. For all we know he's clearing the deck for someone like Ngakoue to replace Floyd. Ngakoue is younger and better overall and would be an upgrade. I'm simply using this as an example.

Another is because they need to clear about $20M additional cap space to sign everyone they need to of their own priority FAs including Mayfield who would be an expensive backup prior to being a future starter.

As I've pointed out in previous posts the Rams could simply move AD to edge and then they only need one more edge again. With Gaines, and Brown/Copeland inside they still could have a good defensive front. Hoecht showed flashes of how good he might become at edge. He's got 4.6 speed and good length. I think he needs at least another year to make the transition but could be a good rotational piece in their plans.

Ramsey's trade could not only clear cap but provide them with the draft capital to finish the remodel. Also, Rochell has the potential to be another Ramsey like CB. Along with Durant, they would have their boundary CBs and they could grab another in this draft. People keep pointing to the OL but last year was IMO an aberration, i.e. overwhelming injuries. IMO they have the talent to be very good with the people they have. We have yet to see Thomas and perhaps Toner if they extend him. Both would fill in the missing pieces. When he's healthy, Noteboom has Orlando Brown talent, i.e. to be very good. Jackson is underrated and proved he can play inside or outside.

So I for one will wait and see what Snead is really doing. He's already proven he's among the best GMs in the league. With Snead and McVay the Rams are elite in their FO and HC. As long as the Rams have these two guys the franchise will always be competitive, i.e in the hunt for another Lombardi.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Good for Geno. Always liked him!

Status
Not open for further replies.