OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram65

Legend
So much for letting Jones test the open market.

I thought 32M a year was a good deal for both parties. Jones got better at protecting the ball. Time will tell if he is worth that contract.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is so stupid

Daniel Jones will never take the Giants to a superbowl. They will always be a one and done team in the playoffs with Jones
I think the problem here is there are so many teams trying to find QBs that can win from the pocket that guys who project to do that are gonna get paid at times. I agree Jones doesn't look like he's ever going to be an elite QB. But then again he's the devil you know, so they choose to go that route and keep developing him instead of scooping someone else's failed development project like say Carr or Mayfield, etc.

The reason winning from the pocket is so important is because that affords protection by the rules and thus longevity. If you can get a QB who can win from the pocket to a top level of play then you're gonna be a competitive franchise for 15 years because they are protected.

This is something the media at large don't get.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the problem here is there are so many teams trying to find QBs that can win from the pocket that guys who project to do that are gonna get paid at times. I agree Jones doesn't look like he's ever going to be an elite QB. But then again he's the devil you know, so they choose to go that route and keep developing him instead of scooping someone else's failed development project like say Carr or Mayfield, etc.

The reason winning from the pocket is so important is because that affords protection by the rules and thus longevity. If you can get a QB who can win from the pocket to a top level of play then you're gonna be a competitive franchise for 15 years because they are protected.

This is something the media at large don't get.
Its a valid theory, but it doesnt explain Daniel Jones. He isnt remotely close to being a win from the pocket QB, and his most valuable asset is his legs

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Its a valid theory, but it doesnt explain Daniel Jones. He isnt remotely close to being a win from the pocket QB, and his most valuable asset is his legs
I think the Giants are projecting him to get to that point. Again I don't believe in the guy. But they brought in Daboll and he looks like he's got a clue and wants to work with that QB so they made their call to keep developing him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

They could have had Hopkins without trading up

These “what if” scenarios always have an impact on later outcomes. For example, if we have Hopkins paired with Woods in 2017, do we draft Kupp in 2018?

Crazy to think about.

I always think back if we drafted Eddie George in 1996, instead of Lawrence Phillips, we never trade for Faulk. Does the GSOT even happen?

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
He either is traded or they actually extend him to restructure and lessen his cap hit. And they do so with the idea he eventually transitions to safety.
they have to have a replacement before they move him to safety. Plus, the Star position is him playing like a box safety.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
they have to have a replacement before they move him to safety. Plus, the Star position is him playing like a box safety.
Obviously... that's why they are clearing space. And if he stays he won't be playing S for a few more yrs anyway.

dang

Legend
He either is traded or they actually extend him to restructure and lessen his cap hit. And they do so with the idea he eventually transitions to safety.
Yep. That’s option A for me. Extend him to 5 years and make the $$ work for Rams next year. 2024 is the year the Rams will be big time players in FA. Ramsey will be a force for another 4-5 years just not as a shutdown corner. Find a young shutdown corner next year thru FA or trade.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Yep. That’s option A for me. Extend him to 5 years and make the $$ work for Rams next year. 2024 is the year the Rams will be big time players in FA. Ramsey will be a force for another 4-5 years just not as a shutdown corner. Find a young shutdown corner next year thru FA or trade.

Much more likely to become a shutdown working with Ramsey around, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.